Messages By: anita47us

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
October 7, 2005, 7:48 am CDT

10/07 The Latest Debates

Quote From: irishmom

I couldn't help but offer my opinions on these controversial questons.  As far as breastfeeding in public, I have to say that I was very nervous when my daughter was born because I didn't  think  I would   feel comofortable breastfeeding in public, but it's different once you have your baby.  I think that there are two extremes when it comes to breastfeeding in public.  Breastfeeding is natural and beautiful, not to mention essential to your child's health and well-being.  However, we do need to hold some standards of modesty in public.  I believe it's perfectly ok to breastfeed in public, as long as you are covered up.  I always kind of cringe when I see the woman who walks into the grocery store with a baby on her breast, baring it all for the world to see.  To me, breastfeeding is something sacred and should be done with some sort of modesty out in public. 

I DO NOT think that schools should be handing out condoms.  That is sending the WRONG message to children and I don't think it's the school's place.  Parents should be teaching their children about sex.  I think when we leave such topics up to a school to teach, there's bound to be chaos.  Our schools have enough trouble teaching our children in reading and writing.  Leave sex education up to the parents.  There are other places that children can get condoms if they so wish to do so.  (such as Planned Parenthood). 

I also do not belive that anyone else has a right to discipline your child if you are there.  If  your child is with another parent and you are not there, they need to be able to discipline your child. However, it would be a good idea to discuss acceptable discipline methods ahead of time.  I think if you are out in public and your child is acting up, it is nobody else's business to step in.  I know there have been many times I have WANTED to step in, but to do so would be rude and really wouldn't solve a thing except to offend the parent, which in turn would probably make things worse for the child!  If you see a parent abusing their child, however, then it MAY be appropriate to say somthing. 

I did not breastfeed either of my children however I feel it is okay when it is done discretely.  Yes it is natural however; mothers who choose to not be discrete seem to be making another statement, "look at me".    

Many times I went out with friends who breastfed in public and no one around them were even aware the baby was being fed.  Why must mothers openly expose to breastfeed?  As a mother who bottle-fed my children I had to be prepared with the appropriate tools to feed my sons.  What is wrong expecting breastfeeding mothers to wear the clothes or carry a small cover-up to once again be discrete?

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
sad
November 2, 2005, 7:41 am CST

Falsely Accused

This is a sad situation.  The new wife has not placed any blame on the aunt that carried the "gossip".  Was she at the wedding?  Talk about trouble maker....... 

If this son decides to carry on this negative relationship due to his wife's feelings toward his mother the wife will someday feel the repercussion of this hate.   

What goes around, comes around!!! 

Mend fences, start anew.  You can not forget but you can forgive, and that goes to all parties involved. 

Dr Phil is right, don't wait until someone dies to say I love you and yesterday is just that yesterday. 

Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present.  Accept the gift of today, treasure the love we are blessed with.  Someday this young wife will learn that a mother (and or son) will not always like what each other does but they should always love the person, even if the do not like their actions. 

Theresa hopefully your future daughter and/or son-in laws will be more caring for you and forgiving than you are toward you husbands mother.  Watch out for that aunt that thought she was doing you a favor. 

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
November 2, 2005, 8:38 am CST

Falsely Accused

It is amazing that the father seems to be going "Scot free" and that it is okay and we forgive and seem to forget his behavior that cause this "gossip" which was factual gossip.  The mother is crushed and because she spoke of this caused the problem, don't think that is the case!!! 

If the couple is so virtuous why is gossip worse that adultery? 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board