Message Boards

Messages By: madi2ava

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
October 7, 2005, 12:20 pm CDT

crying, crying, crying

I have a 6 mo. old daughter who is soooo attached to me.  She won't let my mother, father, sister, and sometimes even my husband hold her.  She will just cry and scream at the top of her lungs until she is  almost choking.  I know the crying has nothing to do with her being in any pain or any other reason because as soon as I pick her up or take her from someone else she is all smiles!  I have a 3 1/2 yr. old as well who was attached to me as a baby but not nearly to the extent this one is.  I'm starting to get really run down and drained because I feel like I'm her only caregiver and can never get a break because she won't let anyone else take care of her.  Any advice for weaning her off of me so other people can help with her?

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
October 7, 2005, 12:34 pm CDT

mamma's girl

I need some help!...My 6 mo. old daughter is sooo attached to me that she won't let anyone, sometimes not even my husband, hold her or care for her.  She will just scream and cry until I come and get her and then she's all smiles again.  I know it's normal for babies to be attached to their mommy but this is getting insane!  I  am totally drained and tired all the time because even though I have lots of family and my husband to help I feel  like I'm the only one who she will let care for her.  I just never get to take a break.  I 've tried to just let her cry but she will not stop and cries so hard she starts coughing and choking.  Plus, I feel bad for whoever is trying to hold her because she is just crying and crying so I eventually take her from them.  My older daughter was attached to me as a baby but not nearly like this one is.  It's really sucking the life out of me.  

Any advice on how to wean her off of me a little so I can get a much needed break? 

Thanks, Natalie 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board