Messages By: mom2rachel

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
October 7, 2005, 5:57 pm CDT

10/07 The Latest Debates

Quote From: sdoty0108

Breastfeeding in public should not even be a topic its the most natural (and the healthiest) way to feed a child. Even before I had kids I was offened by moms bottle feeding their babies with formula thats just lazy. If the mom could not breast feed for having a disease or would not produce milk or had adopted those are the ONLY situations where a mom should formula feed. No other species on Earth formula feeds thier children.  

I hope you are one day judged as harchshly as you judge others.  I didn't breastfeed because I had such horrible post partum depression that I would craw l the walls .  I needed to take an antidepressant in order to be a good wife and mother.  Depression is not a disease, so i guess I am lazy.  I hope you realize how lucky you are to have had such ease with nursing, but  I think you are a horrible person.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
October 7, 2005, 6:05 pm CDT

taking a break

My husband and I have been trying to conceive our second child.  We were blessed with Rachel after making no effort whatsoever to conceive her.  She is now 21 months old.  Since August I have suffered two miscarriages.  We have decided to take a break till June.  I want to lose some weight and give my body a break.  Has anyone gone through anything like this?  I guess I took it for granted how easy it was to have Rachel, I figured this would be the same. 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
February 28, 2006, 6:55 pm CST

so lying!

Did anyone else notice how obviously Janice was lying?  When Dr. Phil would ask her a question  she would ask him to justify it.  i.e.  Dr. P : Did you say the following things?  J : Do I look like someone who would say that?      as if she were stalling for time to think up an answer. 

At first she said she only said half of the things A-L quoted, then at the end she said 95% of the statements were false.  Hello?!  simple math Janice. 

It drives me crazy when people say "No, I never said that." to one question and then "I have no recollection of that, it is possible, but I doubt I said it." to the next.   What kind of answer is that? 

Dr. P has way more control  than I do, I would have called her out on that.  But then doing so would not have been productive.     

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
happy
December 13, 2006, 11:42 am CST

wnted to be kate moss

In high school I saw a picture of Kate Moss in People magazine.  She was holding a bottle of Jack Daniels and a pack of Marlboro Lights.  The caption read something like "Kate Moss holds all the consumes to stay that size".  I thought she was perfect, so guess what?  I started smoking and stopped eating.  I blame no one for this; not her, the magazine, the journalist, my parents.  It just happened.   As a result I RUINED my metabolism for life.  I graduated frfom high school at 98 pounds.  I am 5'3".  My sophmore year of college, I started eating "normally" again.  I gained 70 pounds over 9 months.  Since then, it is a constant struggle to be of average size.  This is a dirty little secret of anorexia, how you can never eat "normally again without blowing up like a balloon.   I have done weight watchers for 6 years now, taking a break for my pregnancy.  I just wanted to say that while I don't agree with people blaming fashion, Hollywood, and the media for eating disorders; it is an absolute truth that the 3mention have ENORMOUS influence on how women and girls view themselves.

p.s. a little of topic but...ever notice how magazines (I speak of Good Housekeeping, Parents, and others) Always have diet and exercise tips as well as fattening recipes in the same issue?

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
January 16, 2007, 8:28 pm CST

for Debra if you are reading these

I hope Debra is reading these posts. Although we have never met,  I want to tell you how very proud I am of you.  It took such courage to get up there and say what you did.  I am sure it was hard to see those pictures of yourself when you were sick.  I am a recovered anorexic and bulimic.  I would look at pictures when i was at my skinniest and they wouldn't gross me out at all, i would long to look that way again.  but from one anorexic to another, you look wonderful!  You still look skinny!  Hello?! A size 0?  you said it yourself that being a size 0 was ok with you.  Anyway, you are doing a great job, you have come such a long way and you should be very, very proud of yourself.  If I can offer you one piece of advice as a married woman:  Cut your guy some slack, it is not his job to make you feel pretty...it is simply not possible for him to, so dont ask him to.  You and I both know that WE have to BELIEVE we are pretty in order for it to be true, and Debra from what I saw today you are a beautiful person inside and out!  I have confidence that Daniel will be a very good husband AND that you will be a good wife to him.  Good luck to you and please take care of yourself!

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
May 4, 2007, 7:07 pm CDT

what (among other things) is wrong with america

Why are we spending money to help those who do not help themselves???  75 years ago if you didn't work, you didn't eat.  now you can eat so much that you no longer "can" work so more food is then provided.  there are precious few Americans who don't struggle with weight.  I have and still do.  I do not understand how Lorna can sit and complain about and criticize her family for not helping her boyfirend more...what the heck is she doing to HELP herself???  And let's not act like she isn't gaining something from the "Blaire abuses me" garbage.  She LOVES being the victim.  Face it, this woman has no job, no social life, she has nothing by which to identify herself other than her size.  She sits at home all day (who pays the rent?  seriously, I want to know!) playing the victim and crying about her self imposed lot in life.  I have absolutley zero respect for this woman.  As previously stated I struggle with me weight...you want to know why?  Because I love to eat.  At least I am a big enough (pun intended) person to admit that.  Why is she lying about it?  Does she honestly think anyone in America is buying that?  I am a little disappointed that Dr. Phil was so willing and generous with resources with a woman who will not tell the truth about the basic truths regarding her situation.  He always says you can't change what you don't acknowledge...but she acknowledged nothing.

real quickly...sunni, you rule.  get rid of that  little boy.  you have a beautiful face and amazing style and your weight has not affected your ability to live your life.  christian is a little man in many ways.  good luck to you

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board