Message Boards

Messages By: ljfm62

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
October 11, 2005, 7:56 am CDT

when is enough enough

I have been with the same man for 8 years we are not married but own a home together.  We have been in turmoil for the past 2 years due to infidelity reasons on both sides. We have recently decided to go our own ways and end our relationship.  We care and love one another deeply and know we have made some horrible hurtful mistakes that has caused us to be where we are currently at.  We are now talking of giving it another try, but im worried that if i do and things dont change i am only setting myself up for heartache and disappointment. We are not young kids we are adults in our 40's.  Is it true once a cheat always a cheat?  Once the trust and respect is tarnished is it possible to get it back?  Are we both just fooling ourselves because we are afraid to let go?  I have put a downpayment on another home but i dont want to be hasty in my decision if there is any possiblilty that we can be back the love and respect we once shared.   I would appreciate any advice.   Help Dr Phil

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
October 14, 2005, 1:02 pm CDT

10/14 ‘Kick ‘em to the Curb!’

Quote From: nikita1313

No, it's not true.  With most people that IS the case.  But I have to tell you, I cheated in 1992/1993 with a few people and had a sudden epiphany.  From that point on I was faithful and never even had a thought of being unfaithful to my partner.  She was able to forgive me and eventually I regained her trust.  We were together for almost 18 years and the SHE cheated on me and left.  How 'bout them apples?  And before you say I got my 'just desserts' ...don't judge...because you have no idea what I did and the role I eventually played in the relationship.
Judge ... No i could not sit here and judge you for something i have done myself. As the old saying goes people that live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones.  I hope that we both have that epiphany and can stop the rollercoaster of madness.  Thanks for taking the time to write.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board