Message Boards

Messages By: logans_mom

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
October 11, 2005, 11:21 am CDT

daycare yes or no??

I am thinking about taking my 20 month old boy to daycare for 2 days a week, a few hours in the morning. He is very shy around other children and i am wondering if this will help! Does anyone have an opinion on this? Do you think he is to little to go to daycare? 

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
October 11, 2005, 11:35 am CDT

Body Image & Sex Appeal

Quote From: latingirl

Sorry Guy but you need to let go of what ever image you think you want.  If you love this girl as much as you say you  do, then why on Earth would some girl at store catch your eye that much that you would insult your girl and tell her to gain weight.  She NEEDS to be happy with herself and it's overly selfish of you to expect her to step below her own standards to satisfy your personal attraction.  No way should you make her feel like she is not good enough, and that is what you are doing.  You will drive her away with this attitude.  She wants someone that will love her for her and not care what her weight is!  I am sure you are not perfect, as none of us are.  So please for the sake of her feelings and self worth, STOP with the nonsense. Or let her GO and you can go find what you need and then realize, looks and weight don't make one happy.
yeah I would dump his butt

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
frustrated
October 16, 2005, 8:26 pm CDT

bitting and hitting

I have a 20 month old boy who has decided to hit..kick.. and bite me.He will just walk up out of the blue and smack me. Or lay next to me and start kicking me. Sometimes he will come over and act like he wants a hug and then bite me, laugh and run away.  He never does any of this with other children. Only adults. How on earth can i make him stop? i have tried everything. is this just a stage they go through?  Please help!! 

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
hopeful
October 16, 2005, 8:41 pm CDT

Your Parenting Style

Quote From: phil_me

I know my husband and I are good parents to our 13 and 10-yr old boys and 7 yr old princess simply because we love them so much it hurts and continually question ourselves to search for and hopefully correct the flaws we see.  And there are some aspects to our parenting that I wouldn't change for the world, like: not being afraid to apologize when we screw up (a hard thing for kids is realizing mom & dad ain't perfect anymore) and not being afraid to show simple affection and say "I love you" too much.  But here's what does worry me:  my husband's style can be and has been classified as authoritarian - i.e. he's a drill seargant.  Hence, I am very easily persuaded to be the permissive parent, I guess to try and compensate for where I feel my husband is failing or lacking.  However, I know this is most definitely what NOT to do, so I'm trying to be on top of that.  The goals I've set and am working on involve doing everything I can to ensure non-stop communication to avoid our children being disciplined twice, for example and making the consequences for their behavior, positive or negative constant.  The hardest, in my opinion is consistently rewarding the positive because, especially with three kids it's so easy to get into the rut of "Don't", "No" and "Why did you...?".  My poor darlings have missed more weekly allowances than I can count!  I'm glad their not me.  If I'd not been paid once for my job, I'd have given notice... 
 Even though i only have 1 child ( a toddler) I also know how hard this is!  we are a military family and just like you i find that my husband is alot more strict that I am. I think that is the military in him! I truley hope that he will either grow out of this or maybe i can change it.. ( haha...good luck!!) I also believe in rewarding the positive! And it is so hard to continue doing that. Why is it that it always seems easer to go back to only seeing the negative?  I think every family has a softer parent! and maybe it is susposed to be that way! I love the last part of your post!! everyone should read that and think about it!!  Good luck with your parenting!! Its not always easy!!

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
giddy
October 22, 2005, 8:17 pm CDT

Stay At Home Moms

Quote From: billkai

I'm a stay at home mom and would like to make a little money at home.  Is there a website that is not a scam for stay at home moms?  There are so many sites out there that are scams.  I need to make a little money to help out with the household.  If you can help me I would really appreciate it.   

Gunnison stay at home mom. 

Have you ever thought of selling something that does partys? I sell partylite and love it! it gets me out of the house 1 or 2 nights a week for a few hours and i make great money! you can totally choose your own schedule and do shows when you want to! plus you get lots of great candles!!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board