Messages By: retta333

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
quiet
October 11, 2005, 11:41 am CDT

I lost weight in rural Canada - no gym!

Quote From: rarybaby

I've been overweight since my childhood, now i've got three kids my stomach looks like i'm still 6 months pregnant. I'm 30 and can't fit into sexy clothes I always have to buy baggy clothes so that I can hide my bulging stomach. In my province we don't have gyms nearby worst I can't afford to attend the ones in another town as it is far from where I live. I really have lost hope of ever seeing myself in a tight t-shirt. I've even thought about having a tummy tuck but I can't afford it too so TRUELY i'm lost. This makes me unhappy. I have no idea who to turn to at this point.

Hi there.  I just wanted to let you know that you don't need a gym, or money or special clothes or ANYTHING to lose weight and exercise.  I did it when I lived on a farm 28 miles from town!!   

When I decided that I was going to DO it - not just talk about it anymore : 

I WALKED every day.  I started with walking 10 minutes (5 minutes from the house, down the gravel road, turn around and 5 minutes back).  In the end I walked an hour a day and loved it.  I walked in the snow even.  It felt good to know that all I needed to change myself was ME!    If I can do it, YOU can do it - without a gym, friends, exercise tapes, money - you just need YOU!! 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
October 11, 2005, 11:47 am CDT

Me too.

Quote From: nursenpink

Has anyone ever eat just for the taste? I have ordered diet pills from on line and will not take them because I want to taste the food. Whats wrong with that picture. I know it is a sick thought. Sometimes I feel that food has taken over my mind. I have very little will power. I'm just wondering if anyone else feels the way that I do.

Yes, other people eat for the taste of the food!!!! 

For me, hunger has nothing to do with it.  I find the taste and texture of food to be the draw for me, whether I'm hungry or not.   My only motivation is that the TASTE of that second piece of pie is less appealing than how I will look and feel if I don't eat it. 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board