Message Boards

Messages By: izabella74

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
July 23, 2005, 9:02 am CDT

31 and curious...

To start, I'm 31...never married and no children.  I was adopted in La. out of Lafayette when I was 12 days old.  My parents couldn't have any, and luckily received a call weeks before my dad hit the cut off on the age limit.  Growing up things were great, they kept me busy and involved in everything my mom could possibly fit in my schedule.  I grew up an only child, but was always surrounded with family and friends.  My parents have always told me from before I could remember that I was an adopted child, but a very special one.  They have always told me that if I ever wanted to pursue seeking out my biological parents, that would not hurt them at all.  My mom is very confident in the fact that she raised me and that THEY are MY parents-she just gave birth.  In fact my mom told me years ago she thinks she received papers from the government, that were suppose to go to the adoption agency.  It contained the last name of my birth mom...  I have much curiousity in the fact that 2 people on this earth created me and I have no idea what they look like.  Now that I'm older, I see the medical issues that my parents deal with (including alzheimer's and heart disease) and I'm worried that I may need to know something in my family history that I can prevent.  I guess my question is to see if anyone else has been in this situation or has been successful in searching??
-izabella74

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
July 27, 2005, 8:08 am CDT

area??

Quote From: tcesmama

My husband was adopted at birth. He went home from the hospital with his adopted parents. He had very loving parents. They are dead now. He would like to know the medical history of his birth parents. However, he has no idea how to get it.
So what area are you guys in? I'm there w/ him....I'm also a bit worried about the meeting or how they would feel about me seeking the out..

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board