Message Boards

Messages By: grace1159

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
blank
July 1, 2006, 9:13 pm CDT

Liars Have no excuse

I met a woman in our town and saw how she "seemed " to be needy. I noticed also that no one seemed to be helping her. I found out the hard way why! She is a chronic,  compulsive liar. I have tried to be a friend to her over and over. I would catch her in lies and tell her to stop lying to me. She never said an "I'm sorry" or anything. Just acted as if it never happened. She has told me some outlandish tales, from everyway you can imagine.  I found out that the only thing I knew about her was her first name. I don't trust anything else she ever told me. I was so angry yet felt betrayed that someone would take advantage of me like that and lie  to get what she wanted. She even had herself admitted to a psychiatric hospital to get a diagnosis so she could get a rent free apartment here in town, reserved for the functional mentally ill ! I blocked my phone from her but she has called from other places trying to get to me. I refuse to even acknowledge her at this point. I know that she will never have a friend if she can't quit lying and her past will catch up to her, which may be a jail sentence. pathological liars are very wise in the ways to cheat, lie, steal and fraudulently get things. Even if it belongs to someone else, this woman sees something she wants and  sets out to take it.  Well, she won't take me anymore. For her own sake, she needs to leave me alone. I am through with her lies and her!  

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
blank
August 1, 2006, 5:12 pm CDT

Families living with BiPolar DisorderII patients

I was diagnosed about 20 years ago with BiPolar Disorder II. The problem was that my family refused to believe the doctors, stating that it was "my bad marriage and that's all" that was the problem. I know they felt ashamed. So, It took me years to finally accept that i had an illness. Until I accepted it, I had to live in a nightmare, ashamed of it or anyone finding out. I worked for a long time but have been hospitalized at least 7 different times. Eventually, I was too out of control, rapid cycling, to even hold a job. I have taken a number of different medications until my Dr. and I found what seems to be the right combination. my point here is, if  you doubt the diagnosis, get another opinion...then learn that you have to trust your doctor to help you . Denial  from families who have a member of the family with BiPolar I or II only makes it worse. I advise all family members to get involved. Go to a group meeting with the person who has the illness. Go to the Dr. with them. Ask how you as a family member can help. this shows that we do have family members who care and that we can trust them to help us also. My Daddy cried after one meeting and said "that's what you have?" I told him, "yes, daddy, I do" This took a lot of guts for me to tell him the truth after hiding it so long.. His view of me was different from that day forward. He knew it wasn't just an abusive marriage. So, thank you to all of the family members who try to understand and not judge us too fast, we need you. We need to know we are loved, no matter what. It will make life much better if the family pulls together and supports each other.

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
blank
August 1, 2006, 5:18 pm CDT

Families living with the BiPolar illness

Quote From: grace1159

I was diagnosed about 20 years ago with BiPolar Disorder II. The problem was that my family refused to believe the doctors, stating that it was "my bad marriage and that's all" that was the problem. I know they felt ashamed. So, It took me years to finally accept that i had an illness. Until I accepted it, I had to live in a nightmare, ashamed of it or anyone finding out. I worked for a long time but have been hospitalized at least 7 different times. Eventually, I was too out of control, rapid cycling, to even hold a job. I have taken a number of different medications until my Dr. and I found what seems to be the right combination. my point here is, if  you doubt the diagnosis, get another opinion...then learn that you have to trust your doctor to help you . Denial  from families who have a member of the family with BiPolar I or II only makes it worse. I advise all family members to get involved. Go to a group meeting with the person who has the illness. Go to the Dr. with them. Ask how you as a family member can help. this shows that we do have family members who care and that we can trust them to help us also. My Daddy cried after one meeting and said "that's what you have?" I told him, "yes, daddy, I do" This took a lot of guts for me to tell him the truth after hiding it so long.. His view of me was different from that day forward. He knew it wasn't just an abusive marriage. So, thank you to all of the family members who try to understand and not judge us too fast, we need you. We need to know we are loved, no matter what. It will make life much better if the family pulls together and supports each other.
I want to add that families living with a family member who has BiPolar disorder need help too. They go through a lot of emotions and sometimes fet worn out. i know...I wore my family members out. I also was married 3 times. Don't look down on yourself for needing help. You need time-outs and a break from some of the uncontrollable times. take care of yourself so you can help us take care of ourselves.

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
chillin'
February 24, 2007, 7:04 am CST

Not for everybody

Instant fame and  all of the expectations that come with it are not good for a lot of people. I think they have to be conditioned on what to expect so that they don't turn to drugs and alcohol and just plain acting out behavior. Instant fame makes you feel like you belong to everyone else and it takes a strong and/or mature person to keep from going off the deep end and not lose who they are. Like I said, it's not for everybody. I do love the Taylor Hicks we see  and hope he stays on the right path. Too many people are out there looking at these potential or newly famed stars and want a "piece of the action", usually money motivated. The entertainment industry will chew you up and spit you out if you let them. And tabloids just look for the "dirt" in their lives. If they don't find any...they usually make it up. Anyway, they don't care for these people as human beings but as 'cash cows'.                                                            Cindy

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
blank
December 29, 2007, 11:25 am CST

Teens Are Not Immortal

Yers, teens think they can do anything "for fun" and not get hurt. They do not seem to have the remotest possibility or idea of death at their age. Tragically, that's what a friend of mine thought in high school. He was riding in the back of a truck, playing around with the other guys and accidentally fell to the ground. He awoke from the short loss of consciousness only to make it to his home then collapsed on the floor DEAD. Nobody knows what  'esactly happened but the result was the same...numerous family, friends and the whole school in total shock that he died at just 15. Do these kids really know what they leave behind? Years of grief for the loved ones.  Agony. Questions as to "why",? Hindsight is 20/20 as they say but those who die or are  severely maimed do not have the luxury of being able to use this option to go back and correct this.

How about a mandatory trip to a morgue  with a follow up to a funeral home to see up close and personal what they face. It's called """reality"""! I would approve of this before any got licenses to drive or reached high school as a required 'wake up call. It could save lives! Thanks for letting me share. I experienced this 33 years ago and it is still so clear, how distraught the family was and how empty such a useless death could have been prevented.                       Sincerely, Cynthia Laughlin

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
blank
October 17, 2008, 8:42 pm CDT

Who Is Benjaman

I think this man's name is not Benjaman but it does have some significance. maybe a relative he was very close to.  I also think that his age is not 60 but a little younger. He must have the date of his birth from another locked away memory.  Have the records of the DMV in southern states/southeastern states  been scanned from drivers license pictures or I.D. cards issued? The accent is really not discernable as it may have changed with the emotional trauma..something  related to psychiatric disorder. has he been allowed to search and look at mug shot books from the area in Ga. where he was found?

Hope something turns up soon for him and that he will be strong enough to handle the truth. I will be keeping up with this story . thank you Dr. Phil and staff for trying to help .

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board