Message Boards

Messages By: rwc2002

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
October 29, 2005, 11:50 pm CDT

My Adoption Story

I met my husband at age 24 and he was 59. Our age difference didn't matter because I knew right off that he would be the man I spent the rest of my life with. The only thing that did bother me was that I "desperately" wanted a baby, and he had already raised his 5 kids. Well, I ended up having to have a hysterectomy at age 26 and was just mortified!!! My husband assured me that we could adopt and I would love it just as much as If I had carried it myself. He adopted his first child at 3 years old. 

Well, I got a phone call one night from my brother and his wife, who already had 5 children of their own and she was pregnant again. They knew how devastated I was that I would never be able to have a baby and offered us the chance to adopt theirs!!!! I just about fell out of my chair!!!! 

To make a long story short, I was there for all of the Dr. appts., and delivery and at age 27 was finally a Mommy! 

It was probably the absolute most stressful thing in the whole world to have to go through, especially knowing that it ripped their hearts out to hand us this precious baby BOY, but they stuck it out and we all get along just fine. It was actually kind of awkward in the beginning because we still saw each other every week, but Cameron is now 3 years old and has all the love in the world from all 4 of us!!! My mom actually told me a few days ago that if someone was around us that didn't know the situation, they would never know that I didn't give birth to him. Actually, my husband was right too, I couldn't possibly love him anymore than I do right now even if I had him myself. 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
surprised
October 30, 2005, 12:08 am CDT

Funny kids

I asked my 3 year old son to lay on the couch with me for a few minutes before he went to bed. He crawled up there with me and laid his head on my chest. He asked "What's that?" I explained to him that it was my heart beating, but I also reminded him that that's where Jesus is too. He said, "But I can't see Him", I told him that he couldn't see Him but as long as he believed in Him and counted on Him that He would always be right there. Well, he was satisfied and laid his little head back down on my chest. I was just savoring the moment when he jumped up off of the couch and yelled, "MOMMY, HE WANTS OUT!!!!". 

I just about fell off the couch from laughing so hard!!! 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
October 30, 2005, 12:21 am CDT

Poem

Quote From: cutekoala

I am proud to be adopted.  I have 3 older brothers who my adoptive parents had naturally.  I found my birth parents and my brother who was also adopted.  I have a half sister and brother.   

I have a poem which I wish to share with all. Adoptees, Birth parents, Adoptive parents. 

Legacy of an adopted Child 

Once there were two women 

Who never knew each other 

One you do not remember 

The other you call Mother 

Two different lives 

Shaped to make yours one 

One became your guiding star 

The other became your sun 

The first gave you life  

And the second taught you to live in it 

The first gave you a need for love 

And the second was there to give it 

One gave you a nationality 

The other gave you a name 

One gave you a seed of talent 

The other gave you an aim 

One gave you emotions 

The other calmed your fears 

One saw your first sweet smile 

The other dried your tears 

One gave you up 

It was all she could do 

The other prayed for a child 

And God led her straight to you 

And now you ask me 

Through your tears 

The age old questions 

Through the years 

Heredity or environment 

Which are you a product of? 

Neither my darling, neither 

Just two different kinds of love 

I love this poem and enjoy sharing it with people who can relate. 

I love that poem too!! 

I wrote this poem to my brother and SIL on my son's "FIRST" birthday.....They are his BirthParent's. 

Once in a lifetime a special person comes along and makes someone's dreams come true. 

One year ago today, my dreams came true through you. 

I wanted only one thing in life, but it was never meant to be, 

A baby to call my very own who needed only me. 

I remember the day I got the call, I couldn't believe my ears, 

I was going to be a Mommy after waiting all these years. 

I know it broke your heart, but I hope one day you'll see, 

YOU made this tiny angel, and I promise to give him his wings. 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
October 30, 2005, 12:39 am CDT

Daycare drama!!

I have a 3 year old son and I started him in daycare about 2 weeks ago, mainly for him to be around and interact with other kids. IT WAS A NIGHTMARE!!!! The whole time he would be there he would cry uncontrollably to the point of almost being sick. The day care providers were not the biggest help because they would just leave him to cry until I came back to get him. I know they can't pay special treatment to one certain child if they're ALL screaming and crying, but he was the only one running around, trying to break out of the EXIT door just going nuts!!! I said something to them about it and the response I got was, "Eventually he'll realize that you always come back, and he'll be fine." 

Well, I had made up my mind that I wasn't taking him back and called the Administrator to notify her of this. Little did I know, she was watching when noone thought she was and the DC teachers were repremanded. 

Now my question is, how do I get him to go to another day care without him totally freaking out on me!! PLEASE HELP!!! 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
October 30, 2005, 12:48 am CDT

FOODLESS!!!

How my 3 year old has so much energy is beyond me!! He will LITERALLY  go for a week or two and not eat a full meal within that time period! I was really worried because he's 3 years old and a 2T barely fits him. His pediatrician said he's growing and gaining weight as he should, not to worry HE WON'T STARVE. 

Although, my husband said, "If he ate every time you wanted him to eat he'd look like a balloon with arms and legs! LOL 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
October 30, 2005, 12:53 am CDT

SPANKNING

Quote From: lsterling

A boss isn't responsible for the raising of the employee and a parent is responsible for the raising of a child. 
 AMEN!!!!

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
October 30, 2005, 1:06 am CDT

SPANKING

I started putting my son in time-out at one year old and it was extremely effective. But now that he is almost 3 it tends to take a little more sometimes to make him realize that he's NOT the boss and he does have to listen to us instead of throwing a holy-terror fit!!! 

I REFUSE to do ANY discipline "when he's pushed me to my limit "until I have time to calm down, but he does get a swat on the butt from time to time. I think the effectiveness would wear off real quick if you used it as your ONLY source of punishment, but I definitly don't think it will turn them into serial killers or institutionalized scarred-for-life people. 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
November 8, 2005, 10:39 pm CST

baby colic

Quote From: lpewagoner

I AM A GRANDMOTHER OF A NEW INFANT 1 MO OLD. MY DAUGHTER(MOTHER) IS HAVING A LOT OF TROUBLE DEALING WITH THE BABY COLIC, AND LACK OF SLEEP. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTONS? 
My nephew had colic for 3 months, trust me we all helped out in shifts!!! Anyway, the best thing we found that worked is to wrap a heating pad in a towel and lay it across their belly, then wrap them very snug in a blanket. PLEASE BE VERY CAUTIOUS WITH THE HEATING PAD!! It seemed like the warmer he was the better he felt......this may not work for everybody, but it definitly gave US some relief!!!!!

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
December 1, 2005, 10:55 pm CST

How Childhood Abuse Still Affects Me

Quote From: contrary

I found a large bag of sadness
While packing for my trip into today
With another larger bag of stress
Weighting down my shoulders heavily
I didn't want to forget my pains