Messages By: kattiek

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
November 4, 2005, 4:05 am CST

Obesity

Quote From: littlepist

Gosh I sure do understand how you feel.  I was there!!!  I was over 250 and in the hospital flat on my back when I first heard Dr. Phil say "diets don't work".    That was 2 years and 97 pounds ago.  Sure some people lose more than that but I lost most of that fairly fast ONCE I STOPPED DIETING AND STARTED THE 7 KEYS.    I do believe I actually scared myself to find out his plan worked.   I did however slack up on things to see if I could maintain the loss.     Also to see if I could do some toning/ firming up since the drastic loss cause things to droop.   I've maintained that loss and now am moving on to lose the other 50 or so I want to so that I will be at what I call my goal.   

I've proved to myself that this is truely a lifestyle change and that I am in control, food no longer controls me.  I've reduced or eliminated my meds.  Have surprised even my MD.   My knees no longer cry out to be replaced,  my asthma is under control with many less meds and overall I feel great.  I've even bought a bike and learned to ride again after probably 30 years.    

Feel free to email me if you would like a support/email buddy.    

Pistolgranny@Yahoo.com 

Char 

I can certainly identify with everything you have said.  I think you just told my story.  I weigh 260 lbs and so miserable.  I'm depressed all the time.  I try real hard to be happy around people, but when I am by myself, I have no motivation.  I had the stomach staple surgery in 1985 and was in the hospital for two months, in intensive care for 3 weeks of those two months.  I almost died.  I was very angry because the surgery didn't work for me.  My aunt had the same surgery and lost over 100 lbs and a cousin with excellent success.  Pistolgranny, I am proud of you.   You keep up the good work and congratulations on your weight loss.  I would like to have a support/email buddy.  I am 52 years old and single/divorced.  I don't date because of my weight.  I'm to ashamed.  I don't want to be ashamed of myself.  I would love to feel good about ME!   

e-mail: okayk53@myway.com 

KattieK 

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
happy
November 5, 2005, 1:24 am CST

Hi Deb

Quote From: momocto

Hi Deb!

Boy, this is going to take some getting used to! 

If you are new to the board I offer you a hearty welcome and tell you that you have come to the best place for support you can find.  We understand what you've been through and how it feels probably better than anyone else, so stay a while and you'll see quickly how much care, love, and kindness can be found here.

My name is Millie and I have been on this board since the beginning of the weight loss challenge in Sept. '03.  I lost A LOT of weight and then gained A LOT back, but my friends here have seen me through and been faithful.  I'm currently maintaining a 53 pound loss, for which I'm very grateful.

It's good to be back.

Love,  Millie

My name is Kay and I just signed up yesterday and I'm very happy to find this message board.  It looks like a really nice place to be.  You all sound positive and supportive.  I knew there were other people out there that had some of the same feelings I do, but didn't know how to find them.  I think I just did!  I am 52 years old and weigh 260 lbs.  I am changing jobs on November 14th and it will also change my lifestyle.  I am a dispatcher for the police department and have been for almost 6 years.  It is a very rewarding, challenging, stressfull and no life, kind of job.  I work shift work and we rotate every 3 months.  I have put on and taken off 40 - 60 lbs since I started, several times.  Fast food, shift work and caffeine are not the healthiest things in the world for you.  When I started working her, I did not take any medications.  Now I take six.  I was taking eleven different meds before my surgery this past June for an incarcerated hernia.  I have put on about 20 lbs since my surgery in June.  NOT GOOD!  I do have hope that things will change when I get back to a semi normal life.  I had stomach staple surgery in August of 1985 and I almost died.  I was in the hospital for 2 months and in intensive care for 3 weeks of those 2 months.  I am grateful to be alive.  I would like to stay that way, but this weight is going to kill me if I don't take care of it NOW....I am grateful to find you all and hope to hear from you soon.   

okayk53@myway.com 

Kay 

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
November 5, 2005, 1:29 am CST

Wow

Quote From: pearl3knit

Hi everyone!  I just wanted to get my new picture up.  I just got them done today.  This is how I look now and I think you can tell I've lost some weight.  My hair isn't curly anymore either.  I hope you like it.  The board automatically resized it for me so it's wider than it should be.  But it's very close to what it should look like.  Have a good night, Dee!

Dee, 

I don't know what your old picture looked like, but you are a very pretty woman.  My name is Kay and I am new to the board.  I am looking forward to meeting and making new friends.  Have a great weekend, Kay 

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
November 5, 2005, 2:09 am CST

Hi Woodman

Quote From: woodman67

It is nice to share with people that understand. I appreciate everyone who responded. It makes me feel like you all just understand--and thats nice. The news of the day is that I took a really big step in my weight-loss journey. It turns out that my trainer had the idea of calling a couple of the local papers and see if they would be interested in my journey. I admit that at first I didn't think it was such a good idea. I mean who wants to hear someone who is overweight talk about how they want to lose weight. After I did lose some weight I started thinking about being accountable and admitting were I am at. You want to talk about getting real - I couldn't believe that he actually got an interest from our local paper The Plymouth Observer. It must be because of all the weight loss shows on TV. 

The photographer and one of the writers came out. I was kind of nervous at first and then I just started talking about everything. I guess they are interested on following my weight loss journey. On one side it is such an opportunity to help myself and others reach there goals. On the other hand I had to reveal everything like my weight and what I used to eat. It was like one big therapy session I have no Idea how it will turn out. They stayed for an hour and I have no Idea what they are going to use and how they will tell my story. They took my picture with a 45lb weight in my hands to show how much I had lost so far. All I can say is it was crazy! 

You can sure say the cat its out of the bag. This just proves that there are emotional changes going on as well as physical. There is no way 12 weeks ago I would have told anyone what I weigh. Now everyone will know. There is no turning back I will reach my goals.-wood 

Wow, that's pretty cool.  I am new to the board and I just read your story.  I don't think I could have been as brave as you are. I admire you.  You are great and I'm rooting for you.  I live in a small town and my picture has been in the paper a couple of times, but thank God it was only my face. And I didn't have to tell them how much I weighed either.  I broke off a relationship a few years back and he still lives in this town.  I must say, he is the real reason that I don't think I could do the "newspaper" thing.   However, I think if my self esteem was better then it is, I would love to go for it!  What an incentive!  Keep up the good work....Kay

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
November 5, 2005, 2:48 am CST

200 Pounds or More to Lose

Quote From: cheriemont

Just a quick note to say hi and let you know we arrived fine and had a good trip (long, but good==1400+ miles). Our son and his girlfriend should arrive tomorrow night to help us unload the cars and trailer and we should get keys to our new place tomorrow afternoon. We're busy shopping for furniture and sort of finding our way around town--it's really quite spread out but I'm beginning to know my way around now. 

Linda: We've heard some people say their memory foam beds had a smell to them. Did you notice it? Is it just because they are new? Does the smell, if it has one, go away? If so, how long did it take? We are getting a memory foam bed, but will probably go with one of the less expensive ones. It has the same guarantee as the tempur pedic but the cost saves us over $1000, which is a lot to discount on the price of the bed. we also shopped for furniture for the rest of our house, but we'll probably hold off until our Montana house sells before buying much more.  

I hope you all have a terrific day and weekend. I may not be on again until my own computer is online again which might happen early next week. Talk to you all soon. 

Cherie 

p.s. the fresh fruits and veggies available here are fantastic!! I'm really going to enjoy eating healthy and can't wait to get into my own house so i can plan those healthy meals and use lots of the local fresh produce! 

Welcome to Arizona....wow, I was excited to read this and find you have moved to Arizona.  Where in Arizona?  I live in Payson, approximately 90 miles Northeast of Phoenix.  I am new to the board and excited to be meeting new friends.  To find one this close is really exciting.  Have a great weekend.  You picked a good time to move to Arizona.  Not sure when you moved, but in November it is nice.  Have a great weekend.....Kay 

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
November 5, 2005, 6:45 am CST

200 Pounds or More to Lose

Quote From: woodman67

I'm new too- Welcome. Thank You for your kind words. The newspaper thing is really scary but I'm am just focusing on the fact that it will help me so much. It really is an opportunity.  I know that there will be people out there that will just think I'm a fat pig but I have cared about what other people think for too long. I mean look at were that got me. I'm working on me now and your either in one of two categories. Your with me or your against me. If your against me you got to go. I don't need the negative energy. I am tough enough on myself as it is and I don't need anybody else to join in.  

ANYWAYS- It is just nice to have some control now days. I forgot what it feels like and it feels great. Yesterday I moved a bunch of furniture and it just felt good to be able to do it and not be all out of breath. I just have to remember that this is my journey. The changes I see now others may never notice. I know whats going on and its good. I'm glad I fired my old life manager and hired a new one because it feels good to have a little success.  

I am having a 30th Birthday get together tonight. I know I'm not going to be perfect. The important thing is I am planning on managing the night and I will not allow myself to go of the deep end. Wish me luck! LOL -wood 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY...with the positive attitude you have, you will do wonderful at your get together tonight.  You have a wonderful time and thanks for the uplifting message....Kay  

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
November 12, 2005, 12:08 am CST

Hi Lisa

Quote From: lisamb71

For me the weight came off really fast (within 2 months).  I heard once that a woman trying to lose weight should eat less that 35 grams of fat a day...true or not, dont know but it worked for me.  What I did was I ate one low fat meal which was Subway or Lean Cuisine for me and then whatever I wanted for the other meal within reason.  But I always made sure I had water.  I joined Curves which is wonderful but its hard when you have no one to go with.  I quit that after a month..bad mistake. lol  But I did stick to my diet.  I am hypothyroid so I have to work harder.  You will be very surprised how much walking helps you even 30 minutes a day. Now I make sure I walk everyday and I weigh myself everyday (this isnt for everyone).  I also keep a journal of my food intake, exercise and even my thoughts for the day.  Frankly, its all about the mind power, dont quit or give up.  If you fall off the boat just get right back on.  And you are never alone in this, thousands of other people are going through this also and thousands others have been successful so I can do it too!  Keep  me posted on your progress...it helps me. lol 

Lisa 

I've been reading some of the message board and I like your inspiration and honesty.  I too had joined curves and went faithfully for several months.  I quit too and that was a mistake.  I hit that ugly word (plateau) and I fall off the horse.  I am very new to the message board and have really enjoyed the sharing of what people are doing, feeling and saying.  It really helps.  It's nice to share with someone.  I know I am not alone, but I have never been able to talk and share feelings like this.  This is great.  I really like the topic "What's your payoff for being overweight".  For me, there is no pay off.  Can't think of one.  So why do I want to stay like this.  Please help me...I need an attitude adjustment, or something.  

Kay  

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
happy
November 12, 2005, 2:07 am CST

Still hanging in there..

Hello everyone....I just wanted to say hi and hope everyone is doing okay.  This is my last graveyard shift and I have 5 hours to go.  I start my new job on Monday.  I am use to sitting in a room with my co-workers and don't have to greet the outside world in this job.  My new job will put me in front of the public.  I'm going to do it though and wear a big smile.  I am looking forward to my new job and, what I might call, starting a new me.   

Woodman, how was your birthday?  Just wanted you to know that I had this wild thought of calling the newspaper and asking if they would like to do an article on my success from the beginning to the end.  The more I think about it, the I think I need to face this fear or challenge, if you will.  Hope you are doing well.  

Everyone have a great weekend.......Kay  

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
November 12, 2005, 2:19 am CST

Not Started

I live in Payson and I am new to the message board.  I have been surfing through the message boards and found this one.  I have not started the weight loss program yet.  I need someone to hit me up beside the head with a 2x4 to get me started.  Help, I sure could use a buddy (s) to walk through this with me.  I have 100 lbs to lose.  I am very short winded and I know I have to start with baby steps and just put one foot in front of the other.   

Kay  

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board