Messages By: mahalo

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
November 12, 2005, 2:32 pm CST

Sleep routine

Quote From: jkmeyer98

Our daughter was climbing out of her crib, so we put her in a toddler bed shortly after she turned 2.  Since then, when we first put her to bed she gets up a few times for this or that, until we end up locking her in her room, which she doesn't like and neither do we.  Now she's progressed to waking up two or three times a night and wants to get in bed with us, which we don't want.  We are all sleep deprived and on the verge of getting sick.  Please offer me some advice so I don't have to use locking her in her room as a last resort.  It's something we don't want to do, but we have no idea what to do to get a good nights' sleep for everyone!   HELP!

My 2 year old was also getting out of bed several times (at nap time and night time).She had so many excuses it was rediculous. I was even to the point where I was ready to put her in the car , go for a ride until she fell asleep then take her in a put her in bed. I had second thoughts when gas prices went through the roof. A friend ask me if I had a bed time routine. I did have wind down time. Where for 1/2 an hour we would sit and watch a short winnie the pooh movie together. But, that didn't seem to be enough. My friend suggested a lullaby tape or cd to play for her. There are no words just soft music. It took a few nights of reminding her to go back to bed or tucking her in again to help her adjust to a new routine. i still have the wind down time before bed so that her mind and body are willing to accept it is time for bed.  I am relieved to say it works. The cd is about an hour long. I let the whole thing play even if she has fallen asleep. This helps herto have time to fall into a deeper sleep peacefully since she also suffered from night terrors and night mares. Good Luck hope this works for you.   

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board