Message Boards

Messages By: andie40

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
happy
February 28, 2006, 7:51 pm CST

02/28 On the Outs With In-Laws

If I can only be half as good a mother in law as my mother was, I will feel like I was a success.  My mother was almost a saint.  She was unhappy with me when I wanted to get married when I was only 18, and hubby was barely 19, but she always supported us (not monetarily).  She was wonderful with my brother and sister's spouses, as well.  We have all been married 39-46 yrs now.  Each of our mates was treated as if they were born into the family.  Her opinions were never offered unless they were asked for, and her praise flowed freely.  She died two years ago at the age of 94, and is missed by all three of her offspring, and all three of their mates, as well as all of her grandchildren.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
happy
May 26, 2007, 6:03 pm CDT

Loved the boys

I enjoyed watching the three shows.  It took me back to the days when my daughters were in San Diego Junior Theatre.  They loved the experience, but we never took it so seriously that we thought they would become "stars".  It did help the shy one to become more self confident, and as well as being in plays, they got to work with the stage group.  All in all, it was a very positive experience for them.  One got to do a summer long travelling show (not living away from home).

I think one of the last things I would have hoped for was for them to be involved with Hollywood.

I hope each of the children who appeared on the show got to have fun, although, it didn't always look like it.

I thought the boys were the most talented, and had the most well rounded education in performing.  They also looked like they were having the most fun.  I would really love to keep up with what they are doing.  Sasha looked like such a cute little imp!  I could see him in many kids movies, like the ones on Disney channel or Nickelodeon.

Best wishes to the other featured children, also.  May they all have happy lives, doing what they do best.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
May 27, 2007, 6:16 pm CDT

Protect the children in this, too

We hear many times of these deranged parents killing the kids, because they can't keep hold of the mother  (It usually is the man that does it).

When my daughter was a teen, she had an obsessive boyfriend, who was controlling just like this husband.  He threatened to kill her, her family and the dog when she broke up with him.  For months afterward, he would have friends call her, and neighbors that he knew, to spy on her.  The only way she could get away from him was to go into the Army, and after she got out (many years ago), she lived on the east coast (we are on the west coast).  He was still trying to contact her.

Years later, he came to my husband's place of business, and asked for forgiveness.  He had married someone else, and said he realized what a jerk he was, and asked for our forgiveness.  He invited us to his home, about 8 miles from where we live/lived, to see his wife, and two daughters, and that he really had moved on.

Then we kept getting emails from him, telling us that we were like the ideal parents to him, and he wanted to stay in our lives.  It has been a year now, since his last contact, and he has finally given up on us.

That was our only experience with an obsessive person, but it wasn't a pleasant one. 

I hope Jennifer and the kids will be kept safe.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
May 28, 2007, 9:10 pm CDT

So many children with Autism

My sister has a son who is highly functioning autistic,  more like Aspergers'.  I know it was hard for her and her husband to raise him.  He is now 35 yrs old.  He lives in a group home now, and he does know how to take public transportation, so he can get to his job.

If Melissa was only 17 when he was born, most 17 year olds are pretty self absorbed, and resent not being able to be doing the "teen things".

In the last ten years, the incidence of babies being born with autism has spiked to where now one in 150 babies are diagnosed with it.  That is really an alarming statistic.  What is causing it?

I hope this family can work things out. 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
May 29, 2007, 5:07 pm CDT

guys hugging ....

I am definately not one to know, as a married person for 48 years, but I don't think their closeness has to indicate  homosexuality.  Myra looks like she comes from European or Latin heritage, and I think it is more common for them to be demonstrative like that.  Just my humble opinion.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
anxious
September 10, 2007, 5:28 pm CDT

We are all at risk

When we are in our cars, we are all at risk of people that are not paying attentioon to their driving.  The first incident I personally saw, was a man driving ahead of me.  He made an instant U turn, going up into someone's yard, and almost rolling his SUV.  As I passed, I could see the cell phone pressed to his ear.
When stopped at lights at intersections, and there are a line of cars passing, it is most usual to see that half of the drivers are on cell phones.

Teens are not such great drivers, anyway, and it is irresponsible for them to be on cell phones when they drive.  There is a three mile, winding road up to our small community in southern CA, and in the years we have lived up here, there have been at least 20 teens (an one who was 20 yrs. old) who have died on that stretch of road.

We never know when it will be us, or one of our loved ones who will be the next victim. 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
October 27, 2007, 3:28 pm CDT

Shame on teachers

I live in San Diego County, and there  have been  quite a few cases here.  At Helix  High School in La Mesa, there have been  two in  the last year .  One was a man teacher, and the latest was a woman.  I am not sure that case has even gone to trial yet.  When the news broke in the newspaper, they said that many of the students knew what was going on.

It is too bad that these teachers can't hold themselves to higher standards.  There may be many precosious and love starved teenagers in high school these days, but for a teacher to risk his/her profession, and the rest of their lives with the title of sex offender, they just be crazy to go for it.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board