Message Boards

Messages By: elliot

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
worried
November 29, 2005, 7:14 am CST

trouble talking

i am with a lady i have been dating for about 9 months she is the best thing to happen in my life and i am afraid i will drive her away.we went on a trip overseas and she was flirting with a bartender so i told her that night i thought she was flirting to much with another person.she got scared and left for the night i walked the streets all night looking for her, the next morning she came back and said she had gone to another bar and drank all night and thats where she was. 

i have had bad luck in past relationships and want this to work she has had similar luck in the past. 

we need to be more open but not sure what i should start with on my part to make her feel more secure with me. i mentioned marriage once and she got real scared so i havent mentioned it again. i also mentioned couples counsiling and didnt get an answer weither way. 

anybodys thoughts would be appreciated greatly they say third time is the charm and this is the third seriuos relationship for both of us 

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
November 29, 2005, 1:39 pm CST

been there

Quote From: sweetpea05

I am really unsure of what should happen here, my boyfriend and i broke up a couple weeks ago and now have decided to give it another shot we care about and love each other so much. Its just that we are now having trouble talking and its awkward. Any suggestions?

hi there im going through a similar thing sweetpea. i recently unfairly accused a special lady in my life of cheating on me without even asking her about it first. that was the biggest mistake ive ever made.youre right talking is awkward .we tend to speak to each other with the tv and computer going so we dont make eye contact. hope youre guy smartens up like i did and make things better for both of you.  

elliot 

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
November 30, 2005, 2:57 pm CST

do i say anything or not

Quote From: hun911

I have been in an off and on relationship for about 4 years.  I have meany trust issues with men and insecurities with them as well.  I have recently begun seeking professional help with them but every now and again they seem to pop up.  Well recently my ex and I have decided to slowly move in a direction of us getting back together.  We have a very fragile relationship.  We have decided to be exclusive, but also do this very slowly to make sure that we can work.  Recently, I had a friend of mine tell me that she saw a girl that he used to go to college with.  They were talking and the topic of us came up and she was VERY surprised to hear that we were working things out.  She said that a couple of girlfriends saw him a few weeks ago, and he seemed single.  She asked if he hooked up with anyone but this girl said no.  I just don't understand why this girl would be so shocked that we were working things out.  It made me think that maybe there was something to hide.  The dilemna is that a couple of weeks ago we were NOT together.  We were barely speaking and things were so up in the air.  What this girl said is not enough information to accuse him of anything but enough to get my mind thinking.  Technically if anythign happened when we were together, I could not be mad, because we were nothing.  I just don't know if I should say anything to him or just realize that we were not in a relationship.  I don't want to rock the boat, over something that was either a misunderstanding or that just means that he was single at that time.  So do I even mention anythign to him about this conversation my friend had, or do I just live with what is happening right now????  Please help!

well it would be better for you and him if you politely asked and hopefully he will be open  if he really wants things to work with you guys as a couple. i know to well getting hurt makes you put up walls but sometimes we have to take a chance and give it a try. 

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
hopeful
September 9, 2006, 6:52 am CDT

great topic!!!!

Quote From: kwindshawn

new topic-hmmm.  Dating after 40? Nonexistent.  Anyone else having any luck?

i was happy to see this topic i am over 40 and have been dating a wonderful lady for a couple of years .but she wont commit to anything  i get excuses constantly. we had a chance to go on the dr.phil show and she wouldnt talk to the producer so that ended that. she has had bad luck in the past and wont move on as she is scared what do i do next?i have alot of time in this relationship and want this lady to be my wife and let me take care of her. she tells me i love her like shes never been loved before, thats where i am at my whits end any ideas?

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board