Messages By: filindown

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
anxious
December 9, 2005, 7:25 pm CST

confused too

Quote From: lazara

florida is noce, as we speak it is 79  degrees. i need a partner or motivation. the pool is closed due to the hurricane wilma. i am a bit depressed but i eat well but losing nothing. i have a doctors appt soon and will ask for full blood work. menopause also may be  an issue. i hope to hear from you  soon. let do this.
I have a son who is undiagnosed officially but they assume its adhd or high functioning autism,  for my oldest son, we were told he had a form of cerebral palsy.  two complete different needs and i am suppose to try and stay fit with no financial aid till very recently and not from my newly exhusband.  I would love to get in a gym or by healthy foods but it means eating healthy for about two weeks and starve the rest of the month and if i join the gym it means starve 3 weeks a month?  How should i decide what to do, my kids are both very sick and need meds up the wazoo and i need to lose weight cheap to be there for them as long as possible????????

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
worried
December 10, 2005, 2:15 am CST

amazing

hola, it is not easy  for us  is it? high functioning  autism is  work within itself. i find that if  i take a day for me and go for a change of scenery and disconnect from scenery for a bit , it help to put things into prospective, a journal but as i always say the first is always the worst. you r in my prayers. you are not alone. me age 41 and diabetic i do not find this easy at all. tomm i will begin the book once again. please hang in there. what kins of meds are the kids on? i find that  when I have to give my son his meds, that alone depresses me. well sis let's find strength to start somewhere. talk 2 u soon.

one of my sons alone takes  ritalin / risperdal / vitamin c / iron supplement / D.D.A.V.P / Singulair / ventolin / Flovent  and needs to drink a few cans a day of pediasure  along with taking Benadryl if the class needs to play outside for gym class or if we visit any family members 

My other son is asthmatic therefore he takes ventolin and flovent quite often and needs benadryl also.  I hate what the meds have done to my youngest but the school insist he changes when he doesn't take them.  Therefore me tryin even to go for a walk or going to Moncton shopping I get disturbed so many times by the school or by doctors that i just feel like staying home.   For me these meds have change our lives not so much for the good either.  The more I here of what kind of long term effects certain meds have and how if you take too much they stop working so you need to increase the doses.   My son just last year they upped the dose to 1 and 1/2 then the 2 and now it is up to 3 ritalins a day.  I am afraid if it keeps going that's all he'll be a boy on ritalin who is depressed very emotional and very angry. 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
hopeful
December 10, 2005, 8:25 pm CST

winter is so encouraging

well this morning we woke up to such a nice coat of white snow and I was looking out the window before going to bed I noticed it was beginning to snow again.  I feel like the winter months are the best you can go for walks which is great for losing weight, however harder to do in blizzards and ice storms, and temperatures that warn you not to go outside unless absolutely necessary.  I have noticed over the years that I will lose more weight in the winter than in the summer.  I feel so depressed in the summer that I would rather stay in laying on the couch or go to the beach and lay on a towel watch my sons have fun in the water. 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
frustrated
December 10, 2005, 8:40 pm CST

totally understand

Quote From: bucgirl

I am new to the boards and want to say hello.  I have had a weight problem for over 10 yrs. now.  I have done Atkins and South Beach and WW (which worked the first time). 

I am 33 and mother of three and happily married.  My hubby says I look great to him but is worried about my health.  My parents the same but they nag me to no end.  I always there was no point in watching my weight because they were doing it for me. 

I hate shopping for clothes and looking at myself in the mirror, it's gross to me.  I am so out of shape and always depressed about it yet I do nothing about it.  I can't afford anything a girlfriend of mine does Curves the gym and the diet and she is doing great but I can't afford it. 

Maybe I make excuses I don't know but I need and want to lose weight.  What's working for all of you? 

I am 28 and  I have an 11 year old and an 8 year old, I have recently separated and now I have to go shop for clothes myself.  I used to send him pick me up something, if it didn't fit he would return it just so I would not get depressed in the store because nothing fit.  I have gym around the corner it's a branch of Curves I believe, but I  too feel it is too expensive for a 30 minute workout.  What's worse is everytime I see I have lost 5lbs I can not seem to stop eating. 

The last time I was less than 150lbs I was 8 months pregnant with my first son 

The last time I weighed less than 185lbs I was delivering my second son 

8 years later I weigh more than when I was pregnant and I feel like I am going to explode any minute 

I would love to know why is it when I see a difference in my weight I can not stop eating 

Nancy 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
ecstatic
December 11, 2005, 6:51 pm CST

thanks for the tips

CHIN UP GIRL, I KNOW IT IS NOT EASY. I CAN TELL YOU  IT GETS A BIT BETTER. I SAW DR. LAWLESS ON THE SHOW I AM HOPEFUL HE CALLS ME. I HAVE HEARD HIM HELP SOME KIDS WITH  ADD AND SO FORTH. PAT YOURSELF ON THE BACK FOR BEING THERE FOR THESE KIDS. MANY PARENTS TODAY JUST UP AND GO. I HAVE LEARNED THAT  THE DIET IS A BIG ASPECT OF THE ADHD AND THE ASTHMA. I AM A MEDICAL ASSIST AND THROUGHOUT THE YEARS HAVE LEARNED THIS. BUT TODAY THERE  IS SO MUCH OUT THERE. TRY chadd.ORG AND nichy.ORG , SEE IF ANYTHING THERE CAN HELP. TAKE A DEEP BREATH. HOPE 2 HEAR FROM YOU SOON.

Thanks for the tips on those websites, I am going to look them up as soon as Survivor ends. 

I do feel somewhat alone as though some of my decisions may be wrong, like maybe I should take him off the meds but at the same time I am afraid that if I do he will suffer even more, he's labelled already at school because the doctors refused to listen to me when he was 3, so it is confusing.  However I will look up these sites a.s.a.p.   I am uncertain who that doctors is you mentioned I don't remember seeing him on the show, but if he is with Dr. Phil I am sure he is one of the best.  Thanks again ,  Nancy 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
December 11, 2005, 9:05 pm CST

single mom

I have been  a single mom "officially" for twelve months now.  Recently separated from my husband of 8 years, 9 counting this year.  I am raising two special needs boys on my own and the hardest thing I find is I can not even give them the simplest wishes they ask for.  My oldest is 11 years old and his only xmas gift he asked for was a psp and I can not even afford the games he would need for that machine.  My youngest is 8 years old and his only wish was those Lego's Pirate ships and I can not even afford that.  They are just material things but I wish I could at least give them something they asked for, for once.  Playing hockey is a big thing around here and theirs no way my sons will probably ever play.  This separation has cost them alot, their home, their father (who's changed alot for the worst these past 20 months), our vehicle, and some friends because we had to move.  I feel like such a failure when it comes to them, that I would take my cheating, drug "rehab" using, unappreciative ex husband back  just to see them somewhat happier than they have been these past 20 months.  I know it sounds crazy but I can not think of anything else to do.  Single moms do have it hard, because if the fathers hide to not pay child support or make sure to have no jobs, you need to make it on your own.  Daycare, drives, meds, everything is on your shoulders,  and when meds are necessary meals suffer more.  So my prayers are to every single mom out there. 

Nancy 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
December 14, 2005, 3:53 pm CST

good for you

Quote From: cm3048

There are days when  think of myself as not good, because I get upset with my weight.  I try very to lose weight trying different types of diets. I can open up my own diet store(haha). I try to please too many people in my life and forget about my life and expectations.  There are days I just drive and become so angry I start eating foods I know I shouldn't be eating.  I can help others with their problems, telling them to read Dr. Pihl books, whatever it is being there for them no matter what. I will cheer them on, being that friend to end.  I put on such a good face, that everyone thinks I'm so strong, if they only knew the truth. In 2006, I am going to step out with a new attitude 

i know exactly how you feel.  I am 28, single mom of 2, and I am so disgusted with myself but if anyone else needs encouragement or someone to go to diet places or diet groups I'll go with them they will lose weight and I will end up just as fat and disgusted with myself.  Some days I am so in denial that I think it's all in my head then I turn and look in the miror and I get that reality check so quick.  Today I decided instead of waiting until January to begin my resolution I would start today and maybe get in such a rythm that by January I will be comfortable enough to get stricter with myself and proud that maybe I have shed a pound or two.  Hope 2006 goes as well as you hope I am crossing my fingers for both of us.  Friday I am going to pick up Dr. Phil's book for my xmas gift from my boys.  This way I purchased something for myself but will be from the boys so I won't feel so guilty bying something for myself. 

Nancy in Canada 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
happy
December 18, 2005, 12:45 pm CST

i did it

Well I did it I lost 5lbs this week and really 5lbs.  I took all my clothes off and got on a scale and I lost a total of 5lbs.  all I changed this week was instead of coming to curl up on the couch wait to go to work I took a walk, instead of drinking pop with my meals I drank water, instead of making quick and cheap foods that are mostly carbs and fat I made potatoes, meat, veggies, and fruit for deserts.  I feel so good to see I actually lost weight and can not say it is because I am wearing something different than the other day.  Now I plan to keep eating, walking and even add some exercises that my physio will approve for my back.  Oh yeah oh yeah yoo hoo hoo  I can not wait to see if I can lose the 100lbs I need to lose by next year.  Very happy and hopeful    Nancy

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
happy
December 18, 2005, 2:33 pm CST

Thank you

Quote From: prettybird

Why to go girl!  I am truly happy for you.  Keep up the good work.
Thank you, it is encouraging to see the scale go down instead of going up, it seems my mood is improving instead of staying so gloomy.  I hope it goes down every week

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
December 18, 2005, 3:01 pm CST

confused feelings

My emote is blank cause I am blank.  I have been single for 12 months officially, not divorced yet but getting there.  I am trying this online dating but not trusting the info given.  Some of the photos on the sites seem too posed and fake. I don't post my picture because I want somebody to be interested in me first.  I know people look at the pictures first to decide if they want to read on or not, even I did it, well the pictures and the ages.  The location does not bother me, but I do need to find someone who will like kids cause I have two, which brings up another issue, how do you mention you have kids without scaring them away?

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board