Message Boards

Messages By: wermarcus2

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
September 22, 2008, 8:06 am CDT

My husband would love to get the chance to meet his son

My husband's high school girlfriend got pregnant, before he was leaving to join the Army. She didn't tell him about it until he was home on leave, and his son was already put up for adoption, with Catholic Family Services. He had NO say in the adoption, and would have liked the chance to raise the baby himself.

This has always bothered my husband, he has tried to look his son up but was always told by Catholic Family Services, he doesn't have any rights to the child. Recently, I convinced my husband to call CFS again to see if laws have changed, and they said with the consent of the birth mother they could start a search for him. He has been in touch with the birth mother, she has agreed to give permission, but we are still waiting for the document, trying to be patient waiting for it.

My husband left the Army in 1986, and decided to re-enlist in 2006, and is now stationed in Europe. He was just told he will be deployed soon, and wants this meeting to happen before he deploys for peace of mind. It is very difficult to work on this being in another country, we can only pray that it will happen soon.

This young man is now 25 years old, we know he was born mid January 1983, in New Haven, CT. We don't know if he has any interest in meeting his biological Dad, but sure hope that he does.

As much as I've heard that these meetings can turn ugly, I would have to think it's still better than never getting the chance to meet your son/daughter.

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
September 27, 2008, 11:04 am CDT

09/24 The Locator: Reunion Aftermath

Quote From: toniwahl

Just wondered if you have tried to find him via the branch of service he was in or maybe his relatives? 
Have you tried the Red Cross?

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board