Message Boards

Messages By: bookworm71

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
confused
December 31, 2005, 12:48 pm CST

What am I doing wrong?

I've been divorced for almost 9 years now and haven't had but one serious relationship since then....and it ended over 4 years ago!  I was overweight and thought that was the issue so I have dropped 50 pounds (still have about 35 to go).  I thought maybe going back to school would help my self-esteem so I'm now just a couple of months away from finishing my Master's degree.  I own a home and a car and have a great job.  But this doesn't seem to be enough to attract a man for anything.  I have changed my outlook on life and know now that I absolutely DO NOT have to have a man to be happy.  It would just be nice to have that companionship.  But men seem to totally ignore me.  The other night I went out to eat with a group of colleagues and the waiter completely ignored me and took everyone else's order and walked away!!  This is getting to the point of being ridiculous.  I am not invisible!!  What do I have to do to get someone to notice me?  No, I'm not a gorgeous blonde with curves in all the right places but I do have other things going for me.  Are there not any men out there that care about that?  If there are, where are they????

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
happy
December 31, 2005, 4:09 pm CST

Great Lesson!!

Quote From: filindown

I let my sons (11 & 8) know this afternoon, that whatever was left on the floor when I went to tuck him tonight and everynight to follow, I would pick up and put in a garbage bag and send it to our Moncton Headstart.  Tonight they went to bed as usual, when I went to tuck them in every single toy, game, movie, everything was picked up and put away.  Hopeful it will continue.
When my sister and I were growing up (we're now in our thirties), our Dad would throw our shoes in the garbage can if we left them in the middle of the floor after we went to bed when we had been told to pick them up.  I'm sure if eBay had been around, he probably would've considered it!!  I remember only a couple of times of having to dig my shoes out of the trash before I learned my lesson.  I think your sons will learn their lesson too.  Just be certain you follow through if they don't hold up to their end so they know you're serious.  Bravo on taking a stand and letting your kids know that you're in charge.  So many parents are afraid to do that today.  Your sons will be better adults for your work with them now.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board