Messages By: sharee1

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
January 3, 2006, 7:24 pm CST

Over50--or even over 60

Quote From: velvetbuny

I wish I had the answers for all of us over 50, it's not that easy to get back on the scene as the young ones say. We've been there, done that, and bought the T-Shirt only wishing we hadn't in the first place. Our age group isn't into bars, or singles clubs and meaningful friends who think our neighbor is just as available and might be a good catch.  Yeah right! Believe me he isn't. I want excitment, romance, someone who is compassionate, loves to have fun, not someones idea of sitting around with a beer and smokes reading the newspaper and expecting me to happy that at least he's home doing it. Just because we're over 50 doesn't mean we forgot what it's like to be in LOVE!  We also are not home in rocking chairs and unable to move about. So don't knock it till you've tried it, there's experience that comes with age that you won't find with Miss Perfect. So take a chance and look past all that, we're just as vulnerable as you are. We want more than just a one night stand. Are you sure you can handle it?
I agree that the older one is, the more difficult it is to find "the one."  I am in my early 60s, retired, but very active.  I am a college graduate, intelligent, with a wide variety of interests.  I belong to several organizations and am active in my religion.  I do not drink or smoke, so will not go to bars, as the kind of man I'm looking for also does not drink or smoke so I'm not likely to meet him there. I am a little "abundant" (that sounds so much better than "overweight"), but have started swimming every day and work out with a trainer twice a week, so I am dealing with that aspect.  I belong to an online dating service specific to my religion, but have not met anyone there yet.  Dr. Phil, why not give us older singles some ideas?  Dating is not the same for us as it is for the younger crowd.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
February 24, 2007, 8:13 am CST

Hard to believe Man Camp participants

As a person who has never used bad language (except for the occasional "damn") in my life, I was shocked to hear the kind of language the Man Camp participants have used towards each other.  To my thinking, decent people use decent language.  None of these couples would ever be found among my circle of friends.  They seem quite trashy to me.  Am I just being prudish, or do a lot of people outside of films, where bad language seems to be a requisite, use such language?  Why would women stay with men who call them such names, and vice versa?

Sharee

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
March 1, 2008, 12:55 pm CST

Sex is Sacred

Teens need to be taught abstinece, but they also need to know why.  Just telling them that as teens they aren't "ready" for it is not enough.  Sexual intercourse is the highest expression of love between a man and a woman, so belongs within the bounds of a committed relationship--marriage.  It is through sex that we become closest to God by becoming co-creators (either literally or figuaratively) with God. Casual sex is selfish, denies the sacred nature of the act and makes us little better than rutting animals.  We need to teach our children morals, not just sex eduaction.

Sharee

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
March 8, 2008, 11:25 am CST

The public is to blame

If people weren't  so eager to read every word about and look at every picture of celebrities, the paparazzi would not be in business.  I can't understand why people care what celebrities do.  They're just people--although many of them with extremely low morals.  Do you care what Jane Doe down the street does?  Of course not.  So why care what some movie star/athlete/entertainer does?  Although one can't help be aware of goings on regarding some celebrities, such as Britney Spears and Branjolina, does what they do really matter?  No.  It's nice when some of them do worthwhile things for charitable causes, but a lot of them aren't too bright anyway, so their opinions on politics or life in general just should not influence people the way they seem to.  Does the fact that your favorite actor has come out in support of a particular presidential candidate mean that's the one you should vote for?  Don't be silly--you need to make up your own mind based on how you feel about the issues involved.  If we treated celebrities no differently from the way we treat anyone else, the tabloids would not be willing to pay the paparazzi mega-bucks for invading the privacy of famous people, because no one would be reading the tabloids.  Let's face it, no one in their right mind reads the tabloids, do they?  Only people without lives of their own who want to spice up their loneliness.  If we the public weren't so eager to read all the seamy details about famous people, we'd be much better off and these people could then maybe have a little privacy.

Sharee

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
April 26, 2008, 11:37 am CDT

What's the problem?

Men date women who are younger.  So what's the problem with the other way around?  On a dating website I'm on, I see men in their 60s looking for men in their 30s and 40s.  Now I think that's a little extreme and I would not want to date men 20-30 yers younger than I am.  But a lot of men my age are just too "old."  I am 66 and would prefer dating a man 5-10 years younger rather than 5-10 years older.  But age is really a matter of attitude, not calendar years, anyway.  Once people are mature adults, I don't think it makes much of a differencce, if the common life goals and interests are there.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
April 29, 2008, 3:25 pm CDT

Changing Gender

I know there have been cases of children being born with both male and female sex organs and sometimes when they are a little older, one sex may pull them more than the one they have been raised as. In such cases, perhaps a sex change is warranted.  However, Michael did not indicate that such had been the case with him. A cousin of mine, who is just a few months older than I am, had a sex change.  He had been married and had a son.  He was not a cousin I was close to, so I didn't see him/her afterhe went through the change until about 20 years ago at my grandmother's funeral, when he would have been in his mid-forties, and this was quit a number of years after he had gone through the sex change.  He had been a large man and as a woman, he/she looked like an aging football player in drag.  I do not know why my cousin chose to make this extreme physical change.  Maybe after the change he felt like a woman inside, but he didn't look like one--in fact, he looked rather ridiculous.  I guess I should be calling him a she, but that's difficult.  I feel for Michael's daughters who have lost a father.

Sharee

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board