Message Boards

Messages By: swedesmama

User Mood
Bored

Message Emote
chillin'
February 20, 2006, 8:29 am CST

Sports and Kids

Our four boys have all been very involved in sports during their youth. Two of our boys started in the youth wrestling program at five and they are still playing football at the college level. I recommend getting your child involved in activities to help teach discipline, respect for adults other than their parents, time management and most important during the middle school and high school years to keep them busy and out of trouble. Being involved in athletics has also taught my boys how to take care of their bodies and keep them health. I also support getting your child in some part of music and/or the arts. Starting in the fall, all children enrolled in our high school will be required to enroll in a class per year that falls into the category of the arts. Test scores show that when children are involved in music, their grades are higher than those children who do not have music in their life. A well rounded education is important for our children to make an excellent decision about the rest of their life.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board