Message Boards

Messages By: youthwkr29

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
December 15, 2007, 9:13 am CST

12/19 Parents’ Ultimate Test: Dealing with Autism

I work with children who have Autism Spectrum Disorder. I'm really hoping that Dr.Phil isnt going to make it look like all kids who have Autism are violent. Each child is totally different. Some may have harder challenges and some may act like any other kid in school. I have worked with kids who are violent, as well as kids who have no violent tendencies at all.

The number of cases of children who have Autism is rising. We need more supports and more education to help these kids become the best they can. I work in Canada for a gov't based organization. We spend our whole year looking for donations to give these kids a better way of life.(summer camps, horse back riding, and all the therapies these kids need). Its sad when you know theres a child who desperatley needs the help and the therapy, but cannot afford or cannot get the funding.

Next time you see a child and hes spinning or screaming loud and it seems like hes too old for that behaviour...say a little prayer for these kids...They need all the love and support we can give them.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board