Message Boards

Messages By: hottie3148

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
April 21, 2006, 3:58 pm CDT

I agree with Matt

I'm a single mother of a child, and I believe that the biological father should have the choice of whether he wants to be an active father to the child or not ... if the child is born as a result of a dating relationship.  

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
April 21, 2006, 4:52 pm CDT

Interesting Perspective

Quote From: christeena

I think that when anyone has sex, whether the woman says she can't get pregnant or not, there is always going to be a chance for pregnancy.  There have been all kinds of women who thought they couldn't have a baby and have had them.  So when this man heard this woman say that she couldn't get pregnant, he should of known that there is always that chance.  He shouldn't have taken the chance on being unprotected.  I believe he should have to take responsibility for the actions whether he chose it or not.  The child didn't choose to be born.
You are right, the baby didn't choose to be born; just like the biological father didn't choose to be a father ... the mother CHOSE to have the baby, and she CHOSE to put the father into this position, and who suffers?  The child, the father, and so many others ... it's a chain reaction.  If the mother made the choice to terminate the pregnancy, then this won't be where it is today.  Why didn't the mother give the child up for adoption to a 2 parent family that would love and adore the child??

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
worried
October 7, 2006, 11:25 am CDT

Help the kids before it's too late

Quote From: cindyeb

Dr.Phil,

I know this show hasn't even been aired yet, so I might see a resolution to some of my concerns on Monday, but I think our concerns should definitely be on these poor boys. As a CASA Volunteer (Court Appointed Special Advocate, a voice for children in the courts), these boys need a CASA volunteer in their area and/or an ad litem, to help these boys get into a healthy environment. This mother is a liar and can't be trusted and know how to play to the camera. The father will never forgive her and will continue to make her life miserable. To hear a young boy even discuss the word "suicide" is unforgiving. They should be more worried about football games,cartoons, and taking care of zits!

Dr. Phil, I know you will take care of this situation, and I look forward to see the final show. I'm worried, but hopeful. The parents are more immature than these wonderful boys. I loved how they felt a sense of relief after your chat with them. How wonderful for them to finally feel a sense of relief knowing none of this is their fault. I hope they will be OK.

Dr. Phil,

I've watched the first and third episode on this one.  I had really hoped that they would be able to work things out after the first show given that Jessica finally admitted that she was indeed cheating.  But after watching the third show, I don't know if I hold out much  hope about this relationship working out.  Jessica appears to have already emotionally left the relationship, so to save it for the sake of the kids at this point, I don't think is a good idea.  I feel that the only reason that her husband (I think his name is Todd?) is trying to "control" her is because he feels so hopeless in the sitation that he is now in - not that this in any way can solve the problem.  The boys are still young, and can still rebound from the homelife that they have been living in, but I do hope that they receive counselling to help them to deal with all of the things that they have witnessed.  I'd hate to see them become adults and continuing on the situations that they have grown up with into their own adult relationships.  I think that by talking to you in the one episode that they (the boys) finally felt that their voice was being heard, which is a shame.  They need a lot more of "having their voice being heard".

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board