Messages By: sandiet2

User Mood
Depressed

Message Emote
worried
June 3, 2006, 6:41 pm CDT

Any one else??? re effexor

Hi   

i am new here but was reading some the messages in the depression and was wondering if there are people that are on effexor today who are having withdrawl problems, and if u are feeling more disconnected from the world and ur family then u would if u were without the medication???  

Strange, i told my dr. almost from the beginning that i did not like this drug.  He asked if i would just give it time. So, I did, after all he is the Dr.  I still do not like it and when i was on the full dosage i had suicidal thoughts so i cut the dosage back.  Now I am just a flat line of fun. But the thing that has me even more worried or concerned is that when i miss a day or two i feel so awful.    

I looked up the effexor petition but there is no date on it so i thought i would check with the people here.  

sandiet2  

User Mood
Depressed

Message Emote
upset
September 24, 2006, 9:46 pm CDT

now what

Quote From: sandiet2

Hi   

i am new here but was reading some the messages in the depression and was wondering if there are people that are on effexor today who are having withdrawl problems, and if u are feeling more disconnected from the world and ur family then u would if u were without the medication???  

Strange, i told my dr. almost from the beginning that i did not like this drug.  He asked if i would just give it time. So, I did, after all he is the Dr.  I still do not like it and when i was on the full dosage i had suicidal thoughts so i cut the dosage back.  Now I am just a flat line of fun. But the thing that has me even more worried or concerned is that when i miss a day or two i feel so awful.    

I looked up the effexor petition but there is no date on it so i thought i would check with the people here.  

sandiet2  

Go figure, i finally made the decision to go off  my meds, did so, joined a gym started eating right and the only person in my house that is even remotely happy about it is myself. 

Before, we panic I went off my meds slowly and discussed it with Dr.  I'm not sorry that I did because I do feel better.  The puffy body is gone.  Going to the gym and eating better has helped greatly.

On the other hand my family seems to be very upset that I no longer take medication.  I am no longer in the world of "Don't care do what you want" and I truly believe that is a big part of the problem.  I know that this is not an easy thing for anyone to go through.  The changes on medication and then not taking it.

I was on medication for over 12 years and I just didn't like what it was doing, I wasn't happy.  But I was also in a state of numbness where nothing mattered and I think my family liked me there.  On the medication I couldn't feel sadness, rejection and if I was I didn't care, and right now feeling like that sure sounds good compared to how I feel now.

I'm not depressed, I'm more hurt.  The reaction from my house hold has been very disappointing and I don't know what to do.

Sandie

User Mood
Depressed

Message Emote
blank
October 2, 2006, 9:55 am CDT

Husbands that....

Here's one for you, what do you do with a man you have spent the last 22 years of your life with, gave him your heart and soul to and he turns around and says that your chronic depression is all in your head?

This is a believe I knew that he had when we first found out but over the years i thought he had finally come around to believing that it was real.

Watching I think it was 60 mins.  about the electrode surgery that they do now on area 25 of the brain my heart went out to those who tried the surgery.  For those that it helped congrats for those of us that fear that kind of dramatic thing i hurt.  But, a comment was made and it became clear that my husband still thinks that it is all in my head and doesn't exist.

Now what do i do???

User Mood
Depressed

Message Emote
blank
October 2, 2006, 10:05 am CDT

What ever u do >>>

Quote From: outofreach

first i want to thank you all for being so kind and nice to me and helping me help my wife well i went to see her but she refused to see me i did talk to her doctor he said that she still hasnt eaten r talked to anybody he thinks that she has shut down from the endside and it might take a while for her to come back they have sent a theripist in to see her but she hasnt talked to her well she did tell her that she thinks that she is crazy and that everyone is better off with out her but her therpist couldnt get her to say anything else she just lays in the bed stairing at the wall i want to help her but i dont no how she means the world to me and i no she must thimk that her world is falling apart but it isnt she has four children who love her more then life it self and she has me who will do anything for her i just feel helpless i have never had to deal with depressin and i dont no what to say r do to help her all i can do is be there for her she doesnt want to see anybody not me her family her kids nobody but the doctor said that we should still go see her anyway because she needs to no that no matter how hard she trys to push us out of her life we will always and i mean always be there for her well i gotta go feed the kids thanks again Mr. outofreach

Don't give up.  It is going to be an uphill battle for you and your wife.  But especially for her.  Unfortunately, you are going to have to wait until she decides what she wants.  Don't let her push you or the children out the Dr. is right.  Some how some way the love that she felt for all of you will come back.  I know because I fought to come back first for my children, then my husband (and he thinks its all in my head) and now I m doing it for me.  I know that Dr. Phil is going to say i did it backwards and should of done it for me first but i say do what ever works.

hang in there, remember this God never gives us more then we can handle.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board