Messages By: dominolove

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
April 26, 2006, 12:01 pm CDT

What The Heck?!!

Quote From: purplepain

I must disagree. We live in a society where it is ok, even prefered for men to behave in a shallow manner. And many women help them along this shallow path.

A womans value is largely determined by how she looks. Most men if asked honestly will admit that they first and foremost want a good looking wife.

On the news or on other shows if a woman dies or is missing the story gets more attention is she was good looking. You hear people say, "Oh what a shame, she was so beautiful." ALL THE TIME. As if that is the reason we should be sad that she died...that the world lost one of it's pretty decorations.

Ok everyone, prepare yourselves,  

This whole thread - and the seemingly constant drone of shows like this that keep coming out - are leaving me increasingly frustrated. I am in my early 20's recently married and was with my husband for a few years before we got married - I have suffered with body image problems and eating disorders since being sexually assaulted at fourteen. I know what it's like to feel as if you're not 'perfect'. I have been in relationships with men who have treated me terribly and made this problem worse, and I have been with men, (like my husband) who have treated me like the most gorgeous creature to ever walk this earth -  

-that being said- I read EVERY SINGLE MESSAGE posted before this one and I am in absolute shock. People are being put down for stating that they like to dress up, put make-up on etc. for their partners. People are also being put down for classifying gaining weight in the same category as aging.  

CAN WE ALL JUST COME TO OUR FRIGGING SENSE HERE PEOPLE?!  

we as HUMAN BEINGS have a variety of factors which attract us to people, PHYSICAL OR NOT.  

Humans, as a species, evolve throughout our lifetimes. We age, we change, we grow as people. We on this message board should not be here to judge one another, but to have insightful discussions on the subjects being addressed on this show. I just think we have to try and remember we're ALL DIFFERENT.  Relationships are partnerships, and as much as we might not like to admit it - some of that is based on physical attraction - that being said, that's not all it's about. I think to be in a truley successful relationship, it's all about communication -  I mean, I just keep thinking if the women on this show knew their partners a bit better, they wouldn't have jumped into marrying them without first asking.....  

"Honey, what happens when I gain weight and have kids, will you still love me 30, 40, 50 pounds heavier? Is that all I am to you, an image?"  

...That may sound out and out crazy, but really, how do you know if someone you're with is that shallow or not. You don't ask, how can you guarentee they'll tell you? You can't.  

I mean, we can't fault the men here, nor can we fault the women. We're both visual creatures - what CAN be faulted, is not knowing someone you're with well enough to know that when you put on that bit of weight, that they'll leave.  Some of my comments, I know, will irritate some people, but that's ok. It's just my opinion.  

....I feel as If i've gotten all off topic because i'm sitting watching the show as I type this (3pm Toronto time) I suppose I want my final words will be - love yourself first. Male or female, "thin" or "fat".... it doesn't even matter if you're purple. You can't expect someone to treat you amazingly f you don't have the respect to treat yourself that way first. You must set the bar for relationships you will be in -SHOW THE PERSON THAT YOU'RE WITH THAT YOU WON'T BE TREATED LIKE ANY LESS THAN THE KING OR QUEEN YOU ARE!  

Thank you for reading my rant.  

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
May 2, 2006, 7:40 am CDT

I know how you feel....

Quote From: indichuck

I agree that I could not imagine having sex with a woman that did not want to have sex. Totally degrading to her and a huge turn off for me. AND.... what to do when you love/want/desire/lust after your spouse and she has zero interest in any physically intimate activity? She says she is totally in love with me and yet we have arrived at a static friendship. We've been celibate for a year and a half and probably had sex a total of 5 times in the year before we stopped completely. We've been to marriage counseling, the ob/gyn, done the hormone thing, the anti-depressant thing, the testosterone shot/cream. Nothing works. And I love how these women talk about how 'if their man would do some housework they would be all over them...nothing is sexier than a man doing dishes or running the washing machine." Well, I've been all over that stuff for years...if she cooks a meal, I clean, and vice versa. I do most of the laundry, take out the trash, cut the grass, get the cars serviced. And she says it isn't me...she wouldn't want sex if Tom Selleck were in bed with her. So i sleep next to her every night (wanting her) get dressed each morning (loving her and getting excited by how she looks in the morning) and get the quick kiss good bye as we head for work..... What a life!

Except I'm fairly sure our stations in life are somewhat different.   

I'm in my early 20's, super energetic with a great sex drive and a pretty adventurous spirit (I worked in a adult novelty store for many years in what's considered the 'gay/bi/les district of our city, there's NOT MUCH that would shock me, or gross me out. I figure, you only live once, right?) and, not to toot my own horn here or anything, but I know I'm very attractive to both men AND women.   

My husband is eight years older than me, and as he has said and I quote "I've never been with a woman with a high sex drive, to be honest, sex was a chore in past relationships and I've never really been with someone who I felt wanted ME". My husband is the sweetest, smartest, sexiest man I've ever had the pleasure of meeting, let alone falling in love with so at first I was in shock - how could they just not want him? how could he live without sex altogther? I mean, not to go into graphic detail but he's definitly the only man I'd ever met not to recieve oral sex until the age of 28. I guess for the most part I understand, as he is a real gentleman and treats EVERY woman he comes across with absolute respect (one of the reasons I love him.) If he says his ex's just weren't that into sex I BELIEVE HIM. They seem for lack of a better word, like prudes, and seem to think that men can/should live without sex in a relationship. I'm sorry, but I can't live without sex in a relationship, so for me, this man putting up with all he has and not going crazy? He's a saint! I would have snapped a long time ago!  

MY PROBLEM? Our sex schedules totally clash. He's not very good at intiating sex, and while I took up the brunt of this for a long time and didn't mind, lately I am wishing he'd just pick me up and scoop me into that bedroom already! I mean, he tells me a million times a day how sexy he thinks I am - we can't walk down the street without him telling me this man and that man are checking me out - but we don't have sex! When we began dating we were like rabbits, and now, it's hardly once a week. He's told me it's not me and he's seeking help from his doctor, but I am extremley discouraged. I feel unwanted and absolutely alone. I used to love when he'd come home from work and now it's a time I dread because I know we'll just sit there like roomates or something, completley non-sexual. I feel as if I am stuck in a sexless marriage already - to be honest, i expected something like this maybe when kids come along, but hey, this is crazy! I wish I could just smack him upside the head. How is it a man can acknowledge and get crazy jealous over others looking at you etc. etc. but when it comes to 'getting down to business' there's nothing at all?   

....I'm afraid. I'm working so hard to keep myself having 'those feelings' for him and trying to keep this little family we've just begun building together. I feel as if I'm trying alone though, and part of me has begun to self talk, I'm young, hot and have my whole life waiting for me. What am I doing?!  

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
sad
May 4, 2006, 12:37 pm CDT

I hear ya!

Quote From: davis33

I am 22 yrs old, my boyfriend is 23 yr old. He is diabetic...which I think is related to his low sex drive. We are also is a loving, healthy committed relationship. We have been together for 5 year and we live together . This has been a problem that I discussed with him for over a year now...Nothing has changed! I  know he loves me but I get so sexual frustrated. I feel rejected..unwanted...SO...I feel like i crave attention from the opposite sex. I would never cheat on him....but I am getting to the point where I don't know whether the relationship is going to sustain this. I asked him to talk to his doctor...he was reluctant...said he would...but he hasn't made the appointment yet. Should I give him an ultimatatum to talk to his doctor or I am leaving? How long should I wait for him to get around to making this appointment? I am very anger at the situation because I feel like he is ignoring me and hoping I will just get over it. Obviously it isn't that important to him, because if it was....It would already been dealt with. I am not willing to give up sex...is there a happy medium?

Girl, that is exactly where I stand. 

If this was nearly as important to him, he'd deal with it. I've tried my best to steer my thinking away from such things, as I know it will only making the situation worse, but I just can't help it. I go out of my way to show that things he asks of me are important by getting them done and getting them done with a smile. 

Why oh why can't it be the same? 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
sad
May 5, 2006, 11:58 am CDT

Hi Everyone

20/f. Been dealing with mental illness since rape at fourteen. Finally reciveced a diagnosis earlier this year. Bi-polar type two with charcteristics of bi-polar effective disorder as well as bulimia with anoerxic tendancies, anxiety disorder OCD and BDD. (my medical records are like a frigging telephone book now!)  

I have sought out others like myself on the internet to no avail. I am hoping this community is full of like-minded people, hoping to get out from under this dark cloud. Today's one of those oh-so-fun manic days and as I sit here typing this out, I'm praying that you all will help be my salvation.  

Anyone else here know what it's like to live a lie? On the outside I'm sure I appear an attractive, confident, social young lady. On the inside, well, that's a whole different story. I haven't worked in years....  

This message is quite sloppy and I apologise I started writing it, and then my thoughts got so fast I've completley forgotten what I wanted to say....  

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
May 5, 2006, 12:20 pm CDT

HEY!!

Quote From: sb1119

I'm sorry, but after viewing the clip of the woman who gets off on biting, I'm going to have to pass on this show, lol.  I know everyone's got their "thang," but that was just a bit icky.

What this woman clearly has going on, is a FETISH!! A fetish is defined as (don't quote me on this, it's a summarized definition folks)  when an act, object, etc. becomes a high-yield desire response, or an attachment or fixation on a certain, object, behavior etc.   

It's not abnormal - and it's certinally not 'icky' because it is not part of your sexual repitoire.   

I happen to like biting and so does my partner thank-you-very-much.   

You say that everyone has their 'thang'. Just because it's not yours does not mean you have to disparage it and those who do enjoy it and please believe me, I mean that in the nicest possible way! (no venom here)   

I worked at an adult novelty store for years and would hate for you to see some stuff that even a pretty open person like myself finds 'icky'. :) To be honest, that was half the fun of the job - watching folks come in, pick up a toy with no clue as to what it is or does, figure it out, then put it down with a look of squemishness or disgust. teehee.   

....I know I'm going to probably get blasted for this, but I really wish dr. phil would have touched on that as well, and not just the fact that her actions are driven from anxiety.   

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board