Message Boards

Messages By: lollipop10

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
May 8, 2006, 8:40 am CDT

Karen

To say Karen is sick would be to excuse her behavior.  Perhaps she has reason to be angry with the Life has dealt her, but to divert that anger to these beautiful children is impossible to comprehend.  TAKE THEM AWAY FROM THAT HOME!  Where is law emforcement in this case?  Where is the teacher?  Where are grandparents?  I creid.  I wanted to hug these children...I would take them in a minute. 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
June 25, 2006, 5:19 pm CDT

06/26 Twisted Love

Is he crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
October 9, 2006, 7:59 am CDT

Todd & Jessica

Dr. Phil,

In my opinion, your advice to Todd is excellent.  Todd needs to know that if he hangs in there with his children, there will be rewards.  Raising children takes every ounce of energy and attention one has. 

Jessica's outbursts were a displacement of her anger and frustration...caught between husband and lover.

Thanks for the good you do for so many people.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
April 26, 2007, 7:43 am CDT

Jennifer

Quote From: jill564

My 23 year old daughter is in a similar situation.  Not quite to the extent of this guy...not many are to this extent.  Nonetheless, her boyfriend is very controlling.  He has moved her out to his community, away from her hometown and everything and everyone she's known all of her life.  He won't let her have friends....only his friends can be her friends.  They live so far back in the woods...there are no neighbors who she could have as friends.  He has set a limit as to how much she can see her family (once a week).  She had a car, but it broke down, and he won't get it repaired for her.  She doesn't have a job right now and stays home and cares for their 2 year old son.  She has worked in the past, but he much prefers her to stay at home.  He controls the money.  She is not allowed to even have input on the budget at all...so, in turn, the bills are constantly paid late (with services cut off frequently).  He accuses her all the time of seeing other men...how could she???

My husband and I have begged her to come back home and bring her son with her too.  We're so afraid that this controlling nature and emotional abuse of his is going to escalate into physical abuse.  She will not leave him.  Says he is such a good father to their son...although he fights with her and calls her names in front of the child.  How on earth do we convince her to get away from him before it's too late.  We urged her to leave him before there was even a child involved in it....and she wouldn't leave him.  Said she didn't want to hurt his feelings.  Said he was like this because his own father abused his mother and she felt sorry for him.  What do we do?  Any suggestions from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Jennifer should be reminded that life is short, her children will be grown and definitely affected by their sikko dad...she must divorce him!

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
April 26, 2007, 7:49 am CDT

Jennifer

Quote From: sheriearl

I'm sure somebody is going to jump on the band wagon to say she is now provoking or causing his behavior.  People have to put themselves in her shoes to imagine what she must be feeling.  She has been isolated, humiliated, blamed, trapped (literally), criticized, etc...This I'm sure was a gradual process throughout their years together, and he has denied and made her question her own "gut" feelings for years.  So then you have a woman who has no self-esteem, questions if she is provoking him because after years of being told, part of you believes this, and lonely and unloved.  Does that sound like a person powerful enough to pick up and leave?  This man wants so badly for his wife to love him, and yet he won't do the one thing that could make that happen...STOP ABUSING HER!  Stop criticizing, questioning, name-calling...  Has he ever tried this obvious solution.  He needs to look at himself in the mirror and look where his finger is pointing.  I can only imagine the reasons why she is still there.  However, she needs help and support to get out of there.  Even if he were to get help and change his behavior, would she be able to forgive and forget?
Unfortunately, if  Jennifer lives to be 150, she will never recover from this abusive husband...nor will her children.  Get out of this marriage, Jennifer, before you are completely crazy.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
July 28, 2007, 1:17 pm CDT

Uncontrolled anger

I know a man now in his late 60's that has been dangerously full of anger and explosive behavios all his adult life. He is now in a lockdown facility because he became so bad.  Finally, he has been diagnoaed with Lewybody dimentia...could this be the diease these people have.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
November 30, 2007, 7:36 am CST

Grammar lesson/Texax Spring Br

You said, "...to Robin and I."...how 'bout "to Robin and ME." You would never say "to I".

I was on So. Padre Is. Spring 2007.  TV news announced there had been seven rapes on the island that week.   Unbelievable behavior.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board