Message Boards

Messages By: faybian

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
blank
July 29, 2005, 1:05 pm CDT

Husband relationship with hix X-wife

I'm npt quite sure what to do about this, if anything.  My husband and I have been married for

2 1/2 years.  His x-wife lives in anohter state with their 3 children.  Recently the oldest boy broke the law and had to go to court.  My husband drove to 4 hours to another state to be there for his son.  Subsequently he's been back and this last time he fell asleep on the couch.  He told me that he was tired and needed some sleep.  He's going back again because of another court date and is planning to stay all night go to court the next day and then return home.

I have voiced my anger with him for making the choice to sleep there " Handle your business then get on down the road" and I have asked him not to sleep there because its not right.  I've asked to accompany him on the trip, but he doesn't want to hurt her.  He said to me  " How would you feel if you were in her place?"  It would seem to me that his son could use all the support he could get.

He continues to ignore how I feel and I don't know what to do about it. 

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
blank
July 30, 2005, 3:57 pm CDT

The Meaning of "Family"

Quote From: jb7ctx

I would pack his bags (everything he owns) and send him on his merry way! Why is he worried about how she would feel, when you are his wife? Dont your feelings count?j How would he feel if the shoe were on the other foot? If nothing else, he could stay in a hotel but he shouldnt stay at her house! Put your foot down and tell him you are uncomfortable with him staying there. If nothing else, you go with him and stay at her house too! I wouldnt want my husband to stay at his ex's house. HECK NO!
Thanks so much for the reply.  I'll put my foot down, make the reservations and see what happens.  I'm praying too, so that I can have peace about this matter and that he'll do the right thing.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board