Messages By: mel1962

User Mood
Worried

Message Emote
surprised
December 3, 2006, 1:10 pm CST

withdraw

Quote From: jadebear

Wow, I read your whole post and glad you are enjoying a wonderful life in a beautiful place. I love the story of the 2 wolves. I understand alcohol addiction but didn't understand heroin addiction until I read how you described the euphoria and "down"effect  or numbness. Also, that you always have to take just a little more to get the same effect as you go on. I had heard that you don't have withdrawal the first few weeks so people think it is OK but by the time you try to quit, you are already addicted and have bad withdrawal symptoms after only 8 weeks of using even . I don't know if this is true but it sounds like it overpowers people very quickly and then just doesn't let go. Thanks for the post.

I read your story and thought it was wonderful how your life turned out so well. Not the same for everyone though. It appears that you have been thru what I went thru exactly except the part of withdraw? The twin was eating cereal the next day? Do not undrestand that? I could not eat for 2 weeks. And when you speak of clinic... was it the methadone clinic? I was a addict for 28 years. have been clean for 6 months now. This is the hard part. please give some feedback. Was I just weaker or more addicted...what??? melissathomas@earthlink.net

thanks for the great story you can help a lot of other with hope.

44 not so wise.  

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board