Messages By: karilyn

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
May 23, 2006, 7:55 am CDT

Right On!!!!

Quote From: willene

Kelly should be PROUD of Julie losing all that weight and tell her so. I have gained and lost and gained and lost. I lost 70 pounds one time and a girl made fun of me cause of me saying I wasn't  

wearing Queen size pantyhose anymore!! SO up I went again and gained all the weight back. 

I know you should do it for you and not anyone else but it does help that people notice and are 

on your bandwagon cheering you along. I say Julie, wear a bathing suit and SHINE and tell your  

hubby to go jump in a lake!!! 

I agree with that it does help when someone notices when you have lost. I lost over a 100 pounds when Dr. Phil had that weight loss program about 2years ago and then I started looking after my great Grandson right after he was born and I was too tired by the time he would go home so I would just grab something easy and then I would fall asleep. Those are excuses though and I am starting over again. We need positive and encouraging people behind us, not someone who is never happy when we succeed and lose 165. I say great going and keep up the good work!!!!

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
hopeful
May 23, 2006, 8:01 am CDT

Yes you CAN do it!!!

Quote From: noraann

......I don't think so. LOL.....I know I need to loose, but I just can't do it. I even looked to see if there is someone in my area to join ranks with, I bought Dr Phil's book, but no one here in my town! I know that part of the reason is medical other part is ME! Guess this is one show I will be watching. Never miss it.

You can do it!!! I lost over 100Lbs and I have put it back on but I am not going to give up. We are too important to ourselves and our families to give up. I don't know where you live but we can email each other here. Don't give up!!!!  

Karilyn  

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
happy
May 23, 2006, 8:21 am CDT

Hi All!!!

I am back looking for support in my endeavors to lose weight. I lost over a 100lbs when the weightloss challenge started in 03 and I have gained it all back. I got very depressed and down on myself which didn't help matters at all and then I started looking after my Great Grandson from the time he was born until now.....he is 19 months old now and we finally got him in day care but I am still finding it hard to get going on my meal plan. I came back here where I got most of my support the last time and I feel better already just being here.    

Karilyn  

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
ecstatic
May 23, 2006, 11:51 am CDT

Way to go Nora!!

Quote From: noraann

Thanks Karilyn!  

I read this and laughed and cried at the same time. I have been writing on some of the other boards but when it comes to my weight I am powerless. I guess I teared up because of seeing that someone does care about me. Thanks.....I started working on this today. I want to feel good and look good. Don't plan to look like a model. Just want to feel good and look good. God gave me this body, it is his Temple, now I have to care enough to take care of it.  

Nora 

That's the right attitude, Nora!! Just being here is getting me more upbeat and I am just starting!!! I am definitely going to watch this show. Kelly needs to get HIS priorities straight and give his wife credit for all the weight she has lost. He should be praising her not putting her down. It really helps when you have someone in your corner cheering you on. That's why I am so happy to be back here as everyone is so supportive.  

Have a great day Nora and ALL  

Karilyn  

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
May 23, 2006, 11:58 am CDT

Don't be discouraged

Quote From: maebird

I developed a condition called "Polymyalgia Rheumatica" after starting on Dr. Phil's program last year and was sent to a Rheumatologist who perscribed prednizone. I had successfully lost 35 pounds and the doctor told me that I would put all of it back on and then some before I got well. I was going to "show him" but in spite of continuing on the program and excercizing as much as I could under the circumstances (extreme muscle pain 24/7) I have gained 50 pounds and am very discouraged. I will be tapering off the prednizone beginning next month to be off by the end of Sept. and I now have 290 pounds to lose instead of 240. The doctor said "the pounds should start falling off."  We shall see. I've never had that luck before! Good luck to all the rest of you! No one has the right to criticise anyone else because they don't have to live with what each of us have to live with. Abuse of any kind just adds to our problem!

The prednizone tends to make you gain weight. I have been on it before and that's what it did to me but when I went off of it I started to lose it again. Keep the faith and remember that we are all here to support you. 

Karilyn 

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
October 18, 2006, 6:42 am CDT

Surgery

I had the surgery about 15 years ago. It didn't work for me because I wasn't ready. I was badly depressed and needed counseling. So you have to  be in the right mind-set for surgery as big as this. I lost 20lbs and started eating too much and it just stretched my stomach all over again. I am really happy for anyone it works for. So to all of you who are getting the surgery......Good Luck and let me know how things go. I am here for you if you need me.

Kathy

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
anxious
October 19, 2006, 1:30 pm CDT

Hi .....I'm New!!!.....But Old....LOL

Hello, Everyone....I was here when Dr. Phil had the weightloss challenge and I lost over 100lbs but I gained it back and here I am again. I am determined to lose it all and keep it off this time so I came back to get support and give support. I am on the plus side of middle age even tho I don't feel like it. I have over 200lbs to lose and I am going to do it!!!

Kathy

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
chillin'
October 20, 2006, 7:10 am CDT

Hey, Jill and Alpha

Quote From: alpha7

Hey Kathy,

Believe me. You wouldn't want the V word. End of subject. Tee,hee   We don't want to pass it through the posting here.

My gosh you loss a hundred pounds and gained it back. Poor thing. But then you went full speed ahead . How cool is that! My buddy neighbor was like you and she gained some back but she is in a role call. Doing well. She is only 28 and I am going to be 65. So it is great the young ones keep me going and on my toes..Even in the rain. Honest. Only her and I are walking the streets.Come rainny days.  But aye, aye. They are watching us the people  and by next Spring. They wished they had got off the couch. Right?  Now my Doc is a fitness lady. Which is good. Most Doc's tell and do nothing to encourage. Mine does both. She herself is as slim as can be. She also jogs. So with all her running around and going to the hospital on calls and in the emergency room. I must give her thumbs up. If I find her pic out of the newspaper. I will put up.

I think it is great when a lady Doctor thinks health for life is being possitive and exercises's her self . Taking time out. After she works. . Makes me motivated more so.

Hugs

Alpha.

Thank You for the welcome!!! That's why I came back. There is so much support and Caring for each other. This is my 3rd week back on the meal plan. I have lost 18lbs and I weigh in tomorrow morning. I think I will weigh in on Wed. and Sat. instead of just Sat. Maybe it will keep me on track better. What do you ladies think? I used to think "oh well, It's just Monday and I don't weigh in 'til Sat. so if I cheat a little I could wear it off by Sat." But I have to change my mindset and get real and I feel I am doing that now.

I like to get out and walk but I am afraid I won't be able to get back home because of my breathing. I am taking puffers for my asthma so that helps a bit. I don't like walking alone either. All my neighbors are nice and slim and most don't exercise.  I have a treadmill but I am too big yet to get on it........I am 330lbs and it only is good for up to 250lbs  I do stretches and weights.

My doc is a male and he encourages exercise. He says he gets up at 4am to do his routine. I like to exercise early too but I wouldn't go by myself when it is dark out.

Gotta go and get some work done around here. I will let you know  how my weigh in goes tomorrow.

Ciao,

Kathy

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
happy
October 21, 2006, 10:09 am CDT

Thanks, Jillian

Hi All

Thanks for the info, Jillian. Maybe I'll try doing the weigh-in every day. I'll see what works best for me. I got weighed this morning and I lost another 6lbs!!! Ya hooooooo!!!!

Have a great weekend everybody!!

Kathy

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
frustrated
October 23, 2006, 6:21 am CDT

Amen!!!

Quote From: teresakennedy

Who are we to judge another being? The thing is that most prejudice stems from insecure and uneducated backgrounds. Most of these people do not know any better, they probably were raised to hated anything different or unknown to them.

I had a brother who had cancer at the age of 5 and lost all of his hair due to treatment. Both adults and kids would stare and point at him because he was bald. I remember one time he had a wig on and someone made a negative comment about it, causing him to cry, this dying boy to cry. He never wore that wig again.

When people see something or someone different I believe that they are scared and instead of wanting to get to know that person or feel for that person they tend to act ignorant. I blame their parents and how they were raised.

We should all stop judging and worrying about other people and what they're doing or what color they are and start worrying about themselves.

I agree 100%to everything you have said,Teresa. I come from a family of 20 counting myself.  Some are very dark skinned and some look like indian. That's because my Great  Gramma was pure Indian and my Great Grandpa was black. My father was so ashamed of the black in us and wouldn't talk to us about it unless he was drunk.There isn't one of us that are like him.

I also have a sister who is a lesbian. She is the sweetest person. My family don't talk to her about it much but my daughter and I do and she loves that we take an interest in her life.

I am "obese" and I am working on it. I understand what obese people mean when they say how some people treat them. People like that do not know what they are talking about unless they have been there themselves. Overeating is a very big part of it but it's what causes the overeating that matters.

I say " Clean of your own doorstep before judging others. Leave that up to God.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board