Message Boards

Messages By: mom2one2

Message Emote
sad
May 17, 2006, 7:25 pm CDT

It could be you...

Today's show was very painful to watch, as my 21 year old son is currently serving jail time as the result of criminal activities while under the influence of drugs and alcohol.  Our struggle has gone on for several years and has included residential and out patient treatment programs, private counseling, halfway houses, AA/NA, begging, pleading, countless tears, remorse, improvement, relapse......As his Mom, the hardest thing is to realize that I am no longer able to protect my adu;t child, and that only if and when he comes to terms with the realities of life as an addict can there be any long term change.  As a person, my son is wonderful, kind, loving, intelligent, all that a parent could ask for.  Then there's the addict, who bears no resemblance to him. 

To those who are dealing with a similar problem, never give up hope, continue to love your addict, and pray, pray, pray. 

To those who condemn the addicts and criticize their loved ones behavior, remember that "There for the grace of God go I" and show some compassion 

Message Emote
blank
August 3, 2006, 3:55 pm CDT

Take advantage of the opportunity....

My son started "dabbling" with alcohol and drugs at the age of 15 in spite of discussions, warnings etc. that he was genetically predisposed to addictions, with both active and recovering alcoholics and drug addicts on both his dad's side and mine.  Without going into a detailed tale of woe, let me just say that he's now 22, and today I visited him in jail.  I wish our family had been given the treatment opportunity that Dr. Phil has provided for you and Allie to deal with the problem, hopefully getting both of your lives back on track before you have to live the nightmare that my life has been for the past 7 years, and continues to be.

Good luck, and God bless you both.  It won't be easy, but it is definitely worth it.

Message Emote
blank
January 30, 2007, 11:47 am CST

Missing post

Quote From: Pleasance

Board moderator ---  Where is the somewhat lengthy post that I made very late last night?  

I don't see it this morning.

If I'm having trouble locating it please assist me in finding it.   I do realize there is a delay and most especially when folks are not on duty into the night.  Understandable.

If the post was removed, could you please help me understand why ?

I had discussed Dr. Phil's approach to the situation with Michelle.

I also discussed the use of Domestic Violence Experts.

I touched briefly on the legal matters regarding the show.

There was other input on my part.

And to end the post, I offered some resources to any and all abused women.

Is my post still in the holding pattern?

Or did it truly get removed.

Should I check back later on?   

Or should I continue to wonder ?

Thank you in advance for some insight.

Your post is still there, I just read it.....try page 7

Message Emote
blank
February 24, 2007, 8:04 pm CST

Honesty

Someone once told me that I was "too honest", to which I could only reply that those two words do not even belong in the same sentence!

Message Emote
blank
September 6, 2007, 10:05 pm CDT

More important than home study....

Normally I don't question Dr Phil's judgement........but I have to say that I think the home study of all three "childish adults" is second on the priority list.  #1 should be sterilization or at least mandatory birth control, as there are already way too many innocent children involved in this mess!  Louise & Mike have Jesse, Shannon & Mike have Ashley, and it was stated that Shannon also has two other children.  Sad.......four precious children, and not one responsible adult in the bunch!!

Message Emote
blank
September 13, 2007, 9:12 am CDT

The Nanny Affair, Part 2

I realize this is a VERY serious topic, and certainly don't mean to trivialize the subject matter.........but this gives a whole new meaning to the childhood taunt of  "Nanny, Nanny, Boo Boo", doesn't it?

I'll be waiting to see what new info is revealed later today and how it impacts Amy's decision!

Message Emote
blank
September 14, 2007, 8:52 am CDT

The Nanny Affair, Parts 1 & 2

Just a few random thoughts that I've had in watching the show and reading these posts:

1.  Why is it OK for Heidi to call names (the devil incarnate) and justify it by saying that she only calls Brandon what he actually is, but when he responds in kind by saying that's why he calls her a whore, everyone jumps all over him?  Name calling accomplishes nothing, so both are wrong!

2.  Why does Amy seem so mentally & emotionally connected to Heidi?  Is or was there more to their relationship than best friends, like maybe possibly a lesbian love affair?

3.  Why has Heidi included herself in what is needed?  WE need help, WE need to do what's best for the kids, SHE won't accept Amy taking Brandon back, etc., etc?

4.  Does anyone else think that perhaps everyone's memories (not just Brandon's) are unclear due to the admitted  (past...maybe even current) drug usage?  Maybe he gave the nanny drugs, not necessarily forced them into her mouth?   Seems as though there may have been some "recreational" use and sharing of their prescribed pain meds.

5.  I know these boards are for opinions.......but why do so many posters feel that they have the knowledge and ability to diagnose the shows guests....as a sociopath, being bi-polar, narcissistic personality disorders, and various other behavioral disorders?  Why not leave that part up to Dr. Phil, he's the PRO!

Message Emote
blank
September 18, 2007, 4:53 pm CDT

Kyla vs. Southwest Airlines

As a retired employee of a major airline with 28 years of service, I feel qualified to point out to Kyla and all others who disagree with the action taken by SWA that all carriers have a "Contract of Carriage" which addresses in detail their policies & procedures.  This information is readily available by searching the carriers website or contacting them by phone or letter. 

This particular situation is covered under the "Refusal to Transport" guidelines.  Specific to this case is the information under "Comfort and Safety", which states

F.  "Carrier may refuse to transport or remove from the aircraft at any point any passenger in the following categories as may be necessary for the comfort or safety of such passenger or other passengers:

(1)  Persons whose conduct is or has been known to be disorderly, abusive, offensive, threatening, 

intimidating, or violent, or whose clothing is lewd, obscene, or patently offensive."

Even a single passenger complaint would mean it was offensive to at least one person, making Southwest completely within it's rights and obligations to address the problem.

So, let Kyla, her Mommy and their (sleazy) attorney file suit, they really have no basis on which to prevail over Southwest Airlines!!!

Message Emote
blank
September 18, 2007, 8:17 pm CDT

Air Travel & Ear Pain

For those of you who suffer ear problems when flying, there are special earplugs made to help eliminate or at least minimize the pressure.  They are called EarPlanes, and are available in both adult and child sizes.  Hope they help!

Message Emote
blank
December 30, 2007, 8:40 am CST

Quit Smoking!

Quote From: hockeymom4ever

I hope that Pam and everyone else smoking meets or experiences a cancer patient and or their care giver. I don't think that until they see the pure devastation of what smoking does will they realize how important it is to stop this harmful habit. Go to a cancer clinic and you will see the true reality (for most) of what is to come if you don't quit. It is a horrible and painful way to die. People say they would die for their family but would they LIVE for them???
Sometimes even seeing a loved one die from lung cancer isn't sufficient motivation for smokers to quit, and I just cannot understand that!  I'm a lifetime non-smoker who dealt with the death of someone very dear to me 15 months ago whose wife, adult children and other family members continue to smoke.  Because it hurts me and upsets me to see them potentially putting themselves (and me, from second-hand smoke) in the same situation, I've had to greatly restrict the time spent with them.  We all suffer from the lack of companionship, but I cannot bear to watch them kill themselves, and will not allow them to kill me!  So sad!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board