Message Boards

Messages By: shakiro

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
May 28, 2006, 6:57 pm CDT

depression ruining relationship...

hello. My boyfriend of three years has never gotten over his depression. I've tried to help him numerous times, but it seems like I make it worse. Lately, I've been thinking of dumping him, but he has no friends where he lives. I still care about him, and am trying to get him to do things for himself. I'm getting so frustrated with him, but I still care about him. Because of his constant depression, I don't love him as much as I used to. He says that if I do break up with him, he wouldn't be able to live anymore. If any of you have any ideas, please...PLEASE help me!!

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
worried
May 29, 2006, 12:12 pm CDT

depression ruining relationship

Quote From: sadkay

im wonering if your boyfriend has a family? if he has and they are close maybe you should let some1 know that he is not well. and i dont know where you are from but here in australia we have a phoneline you can ring called life line [maybe they have one in the states its a free help line they would be able to give you some advice on what to do? or maybe if you go to church maybe they might be able to help with advice.but you hould seek help because this maybe bigger than you can handle,and by your message it does sound like you are having a hard time with all of this.
he lives with his parents and younger brother in a different state than me, and they do know that he has medical depression. he takes medication for it, but he still gets depressed and very lonely. the one thing I'm afraid of is that he told me that before he met me, he was violent. he's been to professional psychiatrists before. its just that some days I love him so much, and other days I just get fed-up with him and frustrated. I still love him, but now its more like a friendly love. he has no confidence in himself, and keeps thinking that he can't do anything worthwile. Like I said, I want him to do things for himself, and not for me. he stays in his room all day and plays PC video games. sometimes it seems his games do more to help him with his depression than I ever do.

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
September 13, 2006, 5:24 pm CDT

never there...

I'm 20 years old and the middle child of three girls. My older sister is going on with her independent college life in a different state. my younger sister is severely handicapped and has been placed in a place that can take care of her better than we can, but is also in a different state. my parents have divorced at the beginning of last year. I live with my mother, but it feels like I'm living on my own. for the last 10 years, my mother had worked constantly, and I never saw her when my sisters and I needed her the most. It still hasn't changed. she's never home. and if she is, she's sleeping and doesn't want to be disturbed. if she isn't sleeping, she's either working, out with different dates, or working out with her friends. my mother and I moved from one state to another, and I don't have any friends in this state yet. the only person I have is my mother and she's never here anyways. she knows absolutely nothing about me anymore. I don't have enough money to move out of our cheap trailer house. even now, she's never there when I need to talk to her. she never had time for me and still never has time. and it doesn't help that half the time I'm actually afraid of her because she's inherited my grandfather's angry words, temper, and verbal harrassment towards me, my sisters, and our beloved animals. I don't want to end up like her. what should I do with barely no money, and no place to turn to?

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
September 20, 2006, 9:23 pm CDT

more like a dark grey sheep...

My family is mostly what I like to call "Psycho Christians". They won't give anything even remotely a chance. You've heard "Don't judge a book by its cover" right? well that's what a lot of my family does. 95% of the things I like they absolutely cannot stand. I'm a Christian myself, but I'm not as crazy as they are about it. I love dragons, Anime, the tribal culture, the Native American culture, and the Asian culture. I'm curious about "New Age" and the paranormal. I have friends of all different religions, and are okay with it (at least most of them are). I have to hide and/or keep out of sight the things that I enjoy very much. My mom doesn't like a few of my friend choices because they're what she would call "bad kids", "gothic freaks", and "satan-worshipers" which is completely and utterly wrong. There's my popular, straight A's and B's, suck-up older sister...and then there's me...the B's, C's, D's, outcast middle child of three girls. Ex-caretaker of the youngest who's severely handicapped. yep. That's me. While my older sister went out with her friends, and stayed somewhere else every weekend, I had to get home immediately after school, stay home and take care of my younger sister while my parents went to work. Mom was never home, dad didn't care for my younger sister. So of course I'd turn out different I guess. I'm not really the black sheep....more like a dark grey sheep.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board