Message Boards

Messages By: robbinp654

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
May 22, 2007, 8:35 pm CDT

Lost the weight but hate my body

I am 42 yrs. old, 5' 3" and about 2 years ago I had gained up to 176lbs.  I made the decision to lose the weight with God's help, a healthy diet and exercise.  In 16 months I was able to lose over 50lbs. and have maintained a 120-125lb. range.  Inside, I feel so much better since the weight loss but outside the sagging skin on my body repulses me.  My dream was to lose the weight and be able to wear shorts, 2-piece bathing suits, the ever popular "skinny" shirts, etc. that I wouldn't wear before but I find myself covering up more now than I did when I was overweight.  My arms, stomach, legs, neck and most everything else makes me look like I'm 80 years old.  It's definitely not a win-win situation.  I actually have lower self esteem now than when I was at 176lbs.  The option of surgery is out of the question since my husband and I both are disabled and live on a fixed income.  I never thought that I would second guess my decision to lose the weight but when I look in the mirror, I can't help it.

My prayers go out to all of you

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board