Messages By: lhicks501

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
blank
September 22, 2008, 9:23 am CDT

Found Birthmother after 10 years search

Quote From: hpmx59

After Doctor Locator Phil Reunion The. I never heard of this before. But good luck anyway. See you on Wed-

nesday September 24th, 2008. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.----------------------------------------------------

After searching for 10 years with the help of friends, Carol Davis and Jenny Kolp. Jenny Kolp is the one who finally located my birthmother. I always thought I would KNOW her if I saw her but that's not the case, as I had been "seeing" her most every day of my teen years as she was just 1 mile down the road from me growing up! I would either be taking the dogs for walk down the road for exercise or riding the horses and having her kids running out to pet the "horsies". Yeah... my little brothers and sister. Imagine that.

Needless to say, she did NOT want to be found by me. She gave me her medical background grudgingly, which includes heart problems, diabetes, etc. All of which is nice to know which now before the age of 40 I have suffered my own series of mini-strokes and TIA's as well as other medical concerns. When we decided to get more tests to figure out the why's of all this with me her husband had just died so I haven't told her anything yet as to what is going on as I don't want to add to her trauma more than what  I obviously already am. I'm giving her time to grieve still but know that she needs to know these things for my brothers and sisters, as my doctors continue to remind me. That medical information being shared is so very important on all sides. She can't imagine how this just may have saved my life.

I did find out that I came from a HUGE family - she was one set of twins out of three sets. There was a total of 8 children. WOW! I have met two of my aunts who have welcomed me with open arms but because of the strain that it has caused on the relationship between my aunt and my birthmother, I have stepped back. It was not my intention to cause pain for any of them, only for me to bring love. Not just from me as I have a very open mind and open heart, but also from her three grandchildren - ages 14, 11 and 7. The 11 year old looks just like her and the 14 year old has a lot of questions for her that "mom" can't answer.

Anyway that's my short but sad story of my search and reunion. Good luck to those who are out there searching. I am still searching for a brother whom was relinquished  (Yes! She did this two times!) and my birthfather.

Best of luck

L. Hicks
Little Rock,  AR

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board