Messages By: armymom35150

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
frustrated
August 10, 2006, 10:38 pm CDT

you are not alone

Quote From: joanna22

Hello, I have an odd question. I'm twenty years of age and so far I haven't had a relationship. Meaning I have never had a steady boyfriend. I often hear that I'm pretty or cute, so I don't think it's my looks, I think I often reject men. All my friends (or most of them) have boyfriends, I feel a bit left out but at the same time I think that I know what I'm doing. I feel like I am not ready for a relationship yet (I don't mean sex) because I don't want to get attached to anyone, I want to do a lot of things like traveling and finish my degree before I get stuck on somebody.

I am already 20 years old. I feel very different from other people in my age group. I feel like I know what I'm doing but sometimes I wonder if this desire to be single is normal. I feel like I want to control my heart and start dating at the age of 23/24, but isn’t that a little late? I think I am abnormally immature when it comes to emotional things…  

I have had some problems in my childhood and my teenage hood. Should I worry and seek professional help? Or am I just an independent woman?

Thank you in advance!  

Hi,

My cousin was in his forties when he met and married the nicest woman...and before that never had a real girlfriend if he ever had a date. And my own sons were over 19 when they started dating, due to financial hardships of a single mom. But the youngest is now about to turn 24 and has yet had  a girlfriend. Age does not matter, i wish i had waited till i was 30 and had lived out my dreams frist. I say get on with your life, live your dreams, and if someone comes along, you will change things to accomodate them...but never give up who you are for them...ever...and enjoy living....nothint worse than seeing a gal sell herself out for a roof over her head..and taking what she is getting.....

more to live than that for sure!!!

you hang in there.....my other son that is in iraq, pretty much married the two girls he ever really dated..quickly and those ended in divorce...he is not looking to get hitched to anyone now..for a spell....and certainly has said he did not want children, to get a girl to even respect that wish seems hard to find.

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
August 10, 2006, 10:47 pm CDT

std.....herpes?

Quote From: chantel2

I have lived with an std for over 20 years.  I was married for 18 of the 20 years.  It was difficult in my marriage because my husband blamed me.  I really believe he had it and gave it to me, but there is no way to prove it.  It was one of the issues that finally dissolved our marriage (the other major issue was weight gain).  Being single now is harder.  Trying to be a responsible adult is not always easy.  With the various websites, some are very scary and when you discuss it with a new partner -- their first reaction is how could you do this to me.  I have lost several relationships due to this.  Maybe in the long run, it was good that they ended so quickly but it makes it very hard to try again.  I'm hoping to find someone who will really care about me as a person.  Marriage, I'm not so sure I want to go there again.  All I can say to singles is be careful -- really use the protection -- it is not worth the lifetime of hell afterward.  What about the dating sites specific for people with std's?  I've looked at them, but am afraid.  I have also thought about match.com, but am afraid too.  Saw the show on it and it made me more comfortable, but I have not taken the next step.  :)

Hi yall,

I have had to deal with this. I never have sex with anyone without telling them first, and starting to use protection..but the guys generally give up the protection as time goes on. The main thing is to be honest with them...and see what happens..if they want to be with you..they will either use protecton and stay with you...or not use it and stay with you. Some dont seem too offended by it, and there are ways to test drive their reactions to things...esp...since this std gets all the bad jokes ever made of it. And considering i only had one outbreak EVER....its a load to carry and deliver..so a guys got to care about you to stay around after you tell him.

Just look at it this way.....if that runs him off...so would have cancer or you getting sick....he would not have been around till death do you part...really!! So not worth your time either.

I know the mental angish this all brings...i just hope what i have learned from others reactions helps you to relax and just think about how to enjoy your life and your sex life again...it can be done...i am sure of it.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board