Message Boards

Messages By: trippkitty

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
confused
August 5, 2006, 2:41 am CDT

how do i explain this?

I recently adopted my sister (9 yrs old) from her mother(verbally,mentally abousive,neglectful and unstable). Her mother no longer allows my sister to contact the other children or family members. This is very distressing to my sister. How can i explain that she can't see her brothers and sisters anymore? her mother will not even speak to her daughter either.

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
blank
August 5, 2006, 2:59 am CDT

General Advice

Quote From: zosmom

I would think that it would be normal to be concerned about anything that is life changing for your child.  I am like you the title is scary and you wonder what she is teaching in the book.  I would think that the best thing for you to do is to buy or borrow a copy of the book and read it for yourself to see what the content is.  It may not be what it sounds like.  Then after you read the book if you don't agree with what it says you can have an adult, informed conversation about the good and bad points of the book.  And be able to help her realize that some things might not be things that she should follow.
being "gothic" has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with intelligence, it is a lifestyl choice. I am fully catholic and a fully goth.

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
frustrated
October 3, 2006, 12:28 am CDT

black sheep.......

There is no easy way for me to admit this to myself but,I'm a stereotype black sheep. Middle child in a large family (4 real sibs,9 steps), goth,depressed,self mutilator,satanist trapped in a happy,yuppy,uptight christian family . I never conformed to my family's ideal "perfect child" ,I formed my own ideas and opinions at an early age. Even when my sibs failed to meet the familys standards for living(3 teen moms,3 hardcore drug addicts,2 huge criminal records,and 3 metal hospital commitments), they were still treated better then me (I was kicked out at  ages12,13,14,16, & 18). Now,I work two jobs,go to school,live a drug/alcohol free life,DON'T have a kid but because I "live in sin" with my boyfriend of 7 months,I'm still not worthy of their time/affection/love. Keep in mind I live with him because THEY kicked me out and I had NOWHERE else to go..............Any thoughts on how I could patch up my nonexistant relationship with the family?

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board