Messages By: m_catgirl

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
August 10, 2006, 6:26 pm CDT

Don't stress

Quote From: tinka2006

I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on how to teach an infant that there are times to make noise and times to keep quiet. My 5 month old daughter has discovered her voice and is using it to it's full potential. I don't want to discourage her or make her think it's wrong but certain places such as church or at a theatre there are others that may be disturbed by the noise.

Well, I understand your concern for other people's feelings about a screaming baby, but 5 months old is too young for her to know the difference.  Honestly, it'll be more like 12 months before they really know what you mean by "quiet down a little"

When your baby's older and knows the difference better, I suggest that when she IS being loud in an inappropriate time, let her know that you HEAR her.  Sometimes kids just want someone to acknowledge they're there.  Hope it helps

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
August 10, 2006, 6:38 pm CDT

PPD

I knew from the begining when I gave birth to my 2 year old daughter that something wasn't right.  I knew all the signs, read all the info.....but was determined to "fix" myself. I mean...I had everything I ever wanted: A loving husband, beautiful baby, nice house, a stayathome mom....My daughter was 9 months old before I broke down and went to see my doctor.  I actually scheduled the visit as a "physical" because I was too embarassed to say "I think i have PPD".  Keep in mind this is at the height of the Brooke Sheilds/Tom Cruise debate!  When I became pregnant again, I was smarter and started  taking the meds as a precaution the 2nd time around.  Eventhough my OB essentially laughed at me for "pretreating" something that may not even be an issue this time.  I'm feeling great now.  Love to talk to anyone else with this problem.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board