Message Boards

Messages By: chantal1969

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
frustrated
October 10, 2006, 3:15 am CDT

Losing 60 pounds gaining a pituitary tumour

I finally got myself together after many years of being very overweight.
I prayed for God to give me the courage and strenght to endure this long trip to 'freedom and health'.
Then I started losing the weight, but my body started sagging like an empty balloon.
And then the doctors discovered that I suffered from a tumour in the pituitary gland, causing the ilness 'Acromegaly' and my whole body whas still growing. (Too much growth hormone).
My skin had also kept on growing, my bones, muscles, soft tissues, everything!

So instead of looking better after all my effort, I started looking like a male version of myself, with deep wrinkles and severe sagging skin all over me... I hated this, I didn't expect THIS to happen?
Now, after a long period of hospital treatments, brainsurgery and still not having the disease under control, facing irradiaton therapy, I don't even know why I should even try getting the weight back off again, which I had lost in the last couple of years. I've gained almost 40 pounds back on, not all fat, but also because of the disease.
Knowing that even without all the weight, I'm still not healthy, and looking even worse then before, I don't know what to do anymore, or where to start.

I had a financial approval by my insurance to get an abdominoplasty, but because of the disease, I'm not allowed to be operated on until it's under control.
And with a flat belly, the rest of my sagging me is going to look even more horrible... I feel I'm stuck either way. And we don't have the money to finance my complete renovation after all this!
Besides, if the disease never gets under control (10 - 30% chance) I will have to live with this body for the rest of my life. It's hard and I don't know what to do.

Chantal

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
frustrated
October 15, 2006, 7:44 am CDT

Losing 60 pounds gaining a pituitary tumour

I finally got myself together after many years of being very overweight.
I prayed for God to give me the courage and strenght to endure this long trip to 'freedom and health'.
Then I started losing the weight, but my body started sagging like an empty balloon.
And then the doctors discovered that I suffered from a tumour in the pituitary gland, causing the ilness 'Acromegaly' and my whole body whas still growing. (Too much growth hormone).
My skin had also kept on growing, my bones, muscles, soft tissues, everything!

So instead of looking better after all my effort, I started looking like a male version of myself, with deep wrinkles and severe sagging skin all over me... I hated this, I didn't expect THIS to happen?
Now, after a long period of hospital treatments, brainsurgery and still not having the disease under control, facing irradiaton therapy, I don't even know why I should even try getting the weight back off again, which I had lost in the last couple of years. I've gained almost 40 pounds back on, not all fat, but also because of the disease.
Knowing that even without all the weight, I'm still not healthy, and looking even worse then before, I don't know what to do anymore, or where to start.

I had a financial approval by my insurance to get an abdominoplasty, but because of the disease, I'm not allowed to be operated on until it's under control.
And with a flat belly, the rest of my sagging me is going to look even more horrible... I feel I'm stuck either way. And we don't have the money to finance my complete renovation after all this!
Besides, if the disease never gets under control (10 - 30% chance) I will have to live with this body for the rest of my life. It's hard and I don't know what to do.

Chantal

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board