Messages By: angeden

User Mood
Depressed

Message Emote
quiet
September 27, 2006, 1:22 pm CDT

response is wrong!!!!

Quote From: xosunbabe21ox

i AGREE WITH YOU FULLY!! Those kids should be taken off their parents!
Taking away the kids after the fact will send a message to other parents to not say anything when there family is in trouble.  They have taken a step and aired their diry laundry to the public.  That is definitely a cry for help - for themselves and their children.  Dr. Phil can do more for healing those kids then tearing them away from their parents and much more quickly too.

User Mood
Depressed

Message Emote
sad
October 7, 2006, 11:28 pm CDT

Divorcing son not the answer

Quote From: vonnielou

I know this show hasn't aired yet, but when it does, I have a pretty good feeling that this family is dis-functional in some other way that has effected this boy.  It's my opinion that most of the time there are underlying reasons why kids act out and become violent or misbehave.

I can't believe this mother is even considering divorcing her son.  This will only make the situation much worse.  I knew of a girl that was "divorced" from her mother and father and it was a horrible thing to have happen to her.  This girl's mother and father had divorced.  For some reason, the mother didn't want anything more to do with her, the courts gave her the papers to be on her own and the mother remarried and had other children by the second husband while totally ignoring this daughter.  The girl had a hard time making a living.  Had to work while still in school and was in poverty.  The grandparents helped her some I think, but it was a very sad situation.  I can't imagine why any mother would even consider this. 

Something has happened earlier in this young man's life that is causing him to act out in this way.  He has either gotten mixed up with the wrong crowd or has had some sort of dis function within the household.  You have got to spend lots and lots of quality time with children.  I totally believe you also have to talk to them on a daily basis and keep the lines of communication open.  You have to constantly monitor who they are hanging with and learn something about the kind of kids they are with. 

I never did anything my mother didn't find out about.  It always amazed me how fast she found out and I never knew her sources. 

I cannot judge or stand in this mother's shoes, but, I will say from my experience (little that it is)that you can NEVER divorce your children.  They are yours forever!!  I guess watching the show will give us more detail about what goes on in that family and hopefully all of them can receive the help they need.  One thing to remember always as I learned from experience, children do not do bad things to deliberately punish you and as a parent we cannot ever give up on them.  They need at least one place to fall safely.

User Mood
Depressed

Message Emote
surprised
October 11, 2006, 2:53 pm CDT

Taking responsibility

I understand about addiction but what I do not understand is her not taking responsibility for driving while she drinks.  After the first few times why is she not telling herself that driving while I am drinking is wrong therefore when I do drink I will 1. take a cab 2. give my keys to a designated driver or 3. walk!!  Too many excuses nowadays not enough sucking it up and taking responsibility for their actions.  Maybe I am missing the mark somewhere.

User Mood
Depressed

Message Emote
blank
October 15, 2006, 11:52 am CDT

Teenagers do not have our time

Today's society has been set up for family's to fail.  Too much emphasis is placed on having the right home (neighborhood), expensive designer clothes, electronic gimmicks and overcrowding in schools.  I'm not suggesting that my response is perfect because it is not.  Today there are thousands of single parent homes where the one parent has to work.  So then what happens.  Kids raise themselves.  Although they are not ready to make adult decisions they are forced into it at an early age.  All it does is mix them up.  And how does that explain two parent families.  Both parents believe they need to work outside the home and their lifestyle makes you believe that is so.  Let me see...........two cars, TV for every room, designer clothes, eat out a lot (no time to cook).  Again children spend most of their time alone.  Now what we have is young independent still not mature children raising themselves. A very good recipe for sexual perverts.  Although I consider them animals I will have to say they have very good instincts about attaching themselves to lonely, insecure, immature people. Thats where young teenagers come in. They spend too much time on their own but they are lonely,  they need help with their problems and their parents aren't around to help.  Anyway, I can tell from my rambling that this is a major problem and as a society, community, neighborhood we need to do something.  What that may be is complicated and for another discussion.  I am looking forward to hearing Dr. Phil's take on this problem. 

User Mood
Depressed

Message Emote
upset
October 24, 2006, 1:53 am CDT

Cry for Help

I am always a day late posting a message.  It is because of my work schedule.  So here I am at 1am replying to the show I had taped earlier and just watched now.  I think more people are like those six than we realize.  The only difference between them and others (probably myself included) is the fact they came to the Dr. Phil house for a reason.  They must all realize that how they judge others and play God is not right and I hope while they are there they gain some positive knowledge and understanding of each other and are given the tools not to judge each other or the world so harshly.  Sometimes we all react defensively.  When someone treats us in a negative way we tend to treat them the same way.  I have now learned that when someone (a different race) talks to me it isn't in anger but embarrassment because they do not speak English well or, depending on which different race, their facial expressions are not as enlightening as mine.  (i.e. the do not smile much).  As well, the more we are educated about everything (from religion, to customs to whats inside a person not on the outside) the less we will judge others.

User Mood
Depressed

Message Emote
hopeful
October 29, 2006, 10:23 am CST

Made me Think

Although Dr. Phil's house is called the House Of Hatred I don't really believe that is the case.  I found from watching them that half the house base their opinions as a defensive mechanism on how they are treated and the others base it on a general misconception of their importance in this world. Once they realize we are all equal, and I mean that, and we are all entitled to respect, love and understanding the better off this world will be.  I think John doesn't take a shower because it gives him a tool to use against those who continually insult him.  As for the racist, what low self esteem he must have to believe the color of his skin makes him better than others.  I hope the lessons he needs to learn are done swiftly and they take.  Repairing this world can be done one person at a time.  Dr. Phil is definitely trying that.  As far as the black woman who is so angry I hope she can find some peace as living angry all the time your life just passes you by.  As for the other 2 females they have issues but I am hoping they also learn lessons about themselves and how to be tolerant of others.  I am looking forward to tomorrow's show.

User Mood
Depressed

Message Emote
anxious
October 29, 2006, 10:33 am CST

Out of the Mouths of Babes

This message is based only on a short review of the show to come on Friday.  But any thing a child says has to be taken at face value as children do not usually make up stories.  The accusations must be taken seriously and the father must stay away from his daughter until an investigation has been done.  If it is proved he has sexually assaulted his daughter that father should go to jail forever as far as I'm concerned but if it is proved her mother and grandmother lied they should go to jail for putting that young girl through so much trauma.  I was 7-8 when my father abused me and no one believed it at the time (or wanted to)  I am almost 60 now and still have unfinished business because of it.  No matter the outcome of this show it needs to be emphasized it is not the little girl's fault and she will need counseling to make her strong again.

User Mood
Depressed

Message Emote
blank
November 6, 2006, 10:39 am CST

Kaylie's best interest

After watching Friday's show doubts have been raised and I personally feel for the safety of the child the father  not see her at all.  Dr. Phil is amazing and seems to be very professional and very good at doing and what is best for the little girl.  Supervised visits are almost as good as him not seeing the little girl at all.  As well, I felt his wife was hiding something and her hatred of the mother and grandmother was very obvious.

I usually don't like when a camera is on because the people are aware of it and are actually on their best behavior or like the mother and grandmother trying to get Kalie to say what she probably already said off camera.  I guess what I am saying is I believe the father is hurting the little girl and if he is I really hope Dr. Phil finds out the truth.

One other thing I noticed was the comment about Kalie sometimes calling her mom by her given name.  I suspect when she is at her father's house she cannot call her mom (mom) and resorts to calling her by her first name.  That I suspect is from the wife.

I hope everything works out for the little girl.  No matter the outcome from the lie detector test I believe he hurt that little girl (as he put it he only loves her)although he doesn't believe he hurt her at all.

User Mood
Depressed

Message Emote
sad
November 9, 2006, 2:41 am CST

Kaylie's needs

I expected a bit more finality with respect to the father.  Clearly he is guilty and there is enough circumstantial evidence and witness who will state the behavior that is going on.  All the signs are clear that Jeremy is a pedophile and clearly needs to stay away from his daughter.  Even his wife seemed very hesitant with respect to saying he is not guilty of what he being accused of.  I also found the lifestyles of the others very telling as well. Pregnant wife who smokes and drinks, ex wife who supposedly does drugs and sleeps around a lot.  I think Jeremy manipulates these woman and likes to get them pregnant so he has a young sexual partner at hand at all times.  That man clearly needs to be in jail.  Please do an early follow up.  We sometimes have to wait for a long time for updates but this show was extremely stressful and mentally draining.  Therefore, please keep us posted.

Thank you.

User Mood
Depressed

Message Emote
blank
November 28, 2006, 2:15 am CST

Sending the righ message to other parents

Watched all of the first day in the Dr. Phil house and  missed the second because of a power outage in our area.  I think i was updated as much as possible and with this update I find that the twins do not seem to want to be in the house, and I find the mother "worried" about her girls she does not seem to be emotionally involved.  I think if they ask to her go until the girls were more healed she would be relieved to go. Are the twins receiving the same kind of treatment they would in a de-tox center.  In conclusion, the show will reach many who are thinking drugs are cool and if they help one person it is worth it.  My hopes and prayers go out to them and I know it is one step and a time to recovery and I hope they make it.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board