Message Boards

Messages By: blaze051

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
hopeful
December 2, 2006, 1:04 am CST

Some what entertained..

I have had my share of heroin addicts in my life and just having one family member addicted to heroin can do a family in, let alone two..  I lost my first husband to this evil drug, he was clean for about 5 yrs and then started chippin and as you know there is no chippin in doing heroin.  I lost my brillent, beautiful  sister,SallyJo 4yrs ago to the devils drug.  She was found dead in her car in front of her connections house in Oakland , CA, apparently she had been there for a couple days. no one in the house cared enough or even looked out the window to see she was still there. But as you know there is no caring , no feelings in heroin use. 

My heart goes out to the mother of the twins and hopefully she will get the therapy she will be needing after learning of the horrible lifestyle of her daughters.  I have no answers to this day of the WHY ??this happend. I could not tell my mother for a long time of my sister.s use, only when she started abusing them did I volenteer this information. But the understanding of the power of the drug was difficult for her to conprehend.  I have always said, my first husband, gave me the blueprint and a life long lesson, I will never forget, on a heroin addicts ways and I actually thank him for that, Why ?  because one of the strongest emotions I had after learning of his addiction was embarrassment, not for him for me, and thinking I could help him, i could fix him...I just felt damn stupid...and a court ordered counsler , one of the two addicts I have actually met that cleaned up and stayed clean, told me in a session that " It was time to get out, get out of the relationship or I would go down with him" those were his exact words He had to fix himself.

So to all involved in this intervention, best of luck, mind over matter, mom don't blame yourself for too long, and I will be watching for this mircle to unfold and you take your life back..  And to Dr. Phil, show me a program that works and I'll support it 100%. You see I still believe there is one out there.

God Bless  all of you

Blaze

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
hopeful
December 8, 2006, 10:22 am CST

"somewhat entertained"

Quote From: wro130

what is chippin

When a person starts to use heroin its a 'little here and a little there' (hence the term chippin,street lingo) . "He started chippin after 5yrs of sobrity/clean and we all know there is no chipping in heroin users" . I was refering to the newbie, the person that has no idea of the physical addiction they will soon be experiencing, in a very short time.  This can be compared to the "social drinker"  or the 'weekend partee-er' that occasionally may experiment with drugs vs. the alcoholic that cannot take that first drink or the addict that knows  what the first fix  will result in.  There is no middle ground for heroin user nor alcoholics.

I hope this explaination has shed some light on your question.

I have to go and read up on the progress of the twins at their new rehab centers.  I am very interested in the  'cutting edge technology'  and 'state-of-the-art facility', that Dr. Phil provided for the twins.  

Hopefully yours, Blaze

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
chillin'
December 9, 2006, 6:17 pm CST

Poppa Perry

The reunion of the twins with their long lost poppa added another dimension to putting the fragmented pieces of their life back together.  I think they should of had some one-on-one time with just him because it was obvious that he his wife was in control of that relationship and he could not express his emotions without stepping on a few toes.  The blame game was definitely being played by Sarah and Tecoa which is classic in this stage of their recovery. The rejection from poppa could have been a factor in the path they chose but their own self-rejection is now a huge problem and the focus and one of the first steps in recovery.  The twins have to accept, identify and forgive, themselves before they can form any kind of bond with another human being.  They have to look inside themselves for the source of their discomfort and make peace within before acceptance by others. Only time and hard work on them self will  heal these deep seated emotions, you have to remember this part of being human has been detached and learning to recognize emotions of caring, love and forgiveness will be foreign to them.  There is no feeling in a heroin addict, not for yourself or anyone else, heroin takes the pain away so far away its non existent.

I noticed alot of disagreement with bringing Poppa back into the girls world but at some point this reunion was necessary and hopefully maybe down that long road back, Poppa will be honest with himself and be there when the twins start taking those step in life that start with 12 very important steps that will be their foundation for the rest of their life. 

Good luck, and God Bless, God speed with your recovery and new lives. 

Blaze

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
frustrated
December 10, 2006, 2:36 am CST

My give a damn is busted, too

Quote From: Pleasance

Dr. Phil would probably tell you that abuse is a deal breaker.......he told Maggie that on the show today.

No one has the right to treat you or your children that way.

Your husband has attempted to brainwash you with his verbal and emotional abuse....and you say you believe him.....rather than know what's true about yourself. Trust yourself.

What kind of environment is this for children to hear and watch.

Abuse is wrong.

To those that are still on the inside, the inside of your own prison, start with a plan and take action there are women out here that are just waiting for you to make that break, seek them out Thur local organizations, and don't wait. Stick to your plan and take action, you will be so proud of yourself don't wait till its to late and you are so injured that the only way your getting out is in a ambulance or or coroners wagon..  And to the ladies that ran and didn't look back, BRAVO!! I have always said that 'my first husband made me track star'!! You know what I mean dint ya..

Blaze

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board