Message Boards

Messages By: liferocks

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
quiet
October 19, 2006, 6:23 am CDT

Celebrate Life

I too had an RNY Gastric Bypass a little over a year ago. However, I always know that I, personally, would have been better off taking a different road. Yes, the surgery was successful. I was 227 lbs. in a 5'1" body. Now, I'm 110 lbs in a 5'1" body. I'm sure allot of women will look at that and say "Yes, that's what I want!" but you are not seeing the full picture. First and foremost this surgery forces your body to do something that God did not create it to do. That in its self can create a boat load of new problems. Then there are the emotional consequences which are seriously under addressed by most physicians. You will experience some grief, depression etc. because you are giving up something that has brought you comfort (food) and now you are left vulnerable and forced to address the issues that caused you to over eat. It's very much like being led into the desert and being forced to walk back alone. Don't misunderstand me, weight loss is a wonderful thing but it can be achieved in a much healthier way. No matter which road you decide to take just remember to celebrate this life with passion. When you get up in the morning, take a walk and breath in the life around. Remember, to love yourself today...you deserve it!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board