Message Boards

Messages By: marlene67

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
angry
October 28, 2006, 6:49 pm CDT

New Orleans Scam

I know all too well what it is liked to be scamed.  It was our neighbor and friend who scammed us - I wanted my bathroom re done and he said he could do this and that for 1100 dollars - thought gee I can handle that - well all said and done after over 1600 paid to him for materials, he started Jan28th this year - - he left after about two months working maybe two nights a week, but he said he had worked 1000 hours on it - yes one thousand hours - anyway he left and never produced only second hand materials with what he did use, plus holes in my floor, holes in the walls, twisted heat and air materials, it was a mess.  My  husband finish it and got back to our bathroom in April as my husband is not a well man and had to re purchase materials that I had already paid for.  After a month he left his job unfinish, he had done that to others.  He also was to start to add a bedroom on for me, but as you know it did not get that far and he took the final cash I had saved, plus we had to put more out for materials and now NO Bedroom for me.  my heart just cried for those people - us older folks think we still can trust - but that is not the way of life anymore and so sad.  I know too well, what the heavy heart those people have.  So sad.

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
January 20, 2007, 7:02 pm CST

Kick the Aunt OUT

If I was the girl's Mother, she should kick the Aunt out NOW - cannot figure that one out.  I think she is jealous that she is not the Mother.

Kick her out and right NOW - get a warrant on her.   Be safe now before it goes any further.

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
sad
April 15, 2007, 8:55 am CDT

I have walked in the little girls shoes

The same thing happen to me when I was the little girls age, believe me I am now 67 and it still bothers me to this day, I just get scared when alone in a room with another man and I feared for my girls when they were growing up and when I see a Grandpa or any male raising and around little girls, well you know my thoughts.  I am the youngest of my family, my sisters - well, I was baptizied during my oldest sisters wedding and was a Aunt at 13 months, my other sister I was five when she got married, so you know I was young.  I never told anyone as during those times no one would of believed me and would of been a hush hush deal.  I believe even if it is told and the person jailed, that don't help at all to a little person getting molested.  I am so sad for the little girl as I know in her mind what she has to live with all her life, it cannot be repaired at all as far as I am concerned with jail time, can't be around the little girl, NOTHING will help and she will continue to be afraid as I have all my life.  I just don't understand people women or men who does this to any child.  The excuses that they were molested when they were little has no bearings on a form of an excuse for what they have done to others.  No excuse I hear for any of that is a excuse at all.  But I do know from experience that any type of correction will not wipe the image away from our minds who have been molested of any type of source.  Scared for life. 

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
April 30, 2007, 8:03 am CDT

Been there

Been in those shoes - I say if one has children from a former marriage, they should not get re married as the men always have a jealous row in that situation as those children are not his kids and some men act like children and do not want to share his love.  That goes for women too who walk into a package deal.

Not good, I had walked out over 20 years ago and it still haunts me to this day and my Son is still feeling the pain of those measly four years I tried to mend the marriage.

Not good and nothing will change,  many sorry's said, but next day, next month it will be the same as before.  If the Children are hurting it is time for The Mother or Father to stand up for their own flesh and blood, so there are no life times of guilt on anyone's shoulder.  I lived it

been there and still suffering. 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board