Message Boards

Messages By: b_baynard

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
November 7, 2006, 12:33 pm CST

Are firing is always burning but there is away to keep it burning.

My husband and I have a chemistry between us that we've had since the day we met.

We click together like two puzzle pieces, but don't think life hasn't tossed us are share of struggles.  Honestly and I know you've heard this a thousand times but communication is a wonderful thing.  We just bring are issues to the table when we have em.  If you leave your thoughts bottled up it causes explosive arguments. 

We are very honest and up front.  If you work through problems your love can thrive.  We do have a 8 month old and are sex life isn't as great as it used to be pre baby.  But we are happy theres much more to are relationship then sex.  Thats just a added bonus to being married.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
November 7, 2006, 12:40 pm CST

Stay at home mom AND LOVING IT!!!

Honestly I have major trust issues with baby sisters and such.  I could never trust someone to watch my baby.  Tried that once it was my mother.  My husband and I went out to dinner while my mother watched are daughter she was 2 months old at the time.  I called her cell phone 7 times while we were out without a answer or a call back we cut are date short.  I was so afraid something bad happened and when we got back to the house my mom had her phone on vibrate and didn't realize I was calling.  Everything was fine, but still I lost my trust.  Something bad could of happened.

I am a stay at home mom though and I love it.  Only down fall is my 8 month old has major seperation anxiety she wants me all the time and if I leave her with her dad for a min she will call ma ma till I get back lol.  It is really hard on me sometimes.  But I feel very happy to know that my daughter is safe.  I keep her out of harms way.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
November 7, 2006, 12:45 pm CST

SAHM

I'm a stay at home mom to a Beautiful baby Girl Madison Rose.  She will be 8 months old on the 12th.

We live in Western North Carolina.  I'm 25.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
November 7, 2006, 12:50 pm CST

I'd supervise em

my 7 year old stepdaughter gets online sometimes.  and I sit right there with her.  Its not that I don't trust her, but I don't trust everyone else.   She doesn't chat she just gets one to play games mostly. 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
November 7, 2006, 1:02 pm CST

Time outs

I honestly believe that spankys are the wrong way to go and heres why.   When you spank your child you are showing them that physical force is the way to get things done.  When in all honestly they would learn more from a time out.   It would give them time to think about what they did and what they can do from preventing it from happening again.

Go by age, a min per year,  for instance if your child is 5 years old give them a 5 min time out. 

You can adjust time out times though sometimes kids benefit more from shorter time outs and some from longer ones.  It all depends.

Also talk to your child make sure they know what they did was wrong and why it was wrong.

Trust me they will benefit from this much more then they would a spanking.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
November 7, 2006, 1:08 pm CST

Wow

Quote From: elffie

A ghost was the first thing I thought of before you even mentioned it.  But I don't know why that would be scarying her unless it was getting too close.

Besides the ghost comment (because really, I don't know if you have one) maybe she is trying to get more attention from you.  You bring her out into the living room, maybe she likes that.  Do you have a night light at all in the room?  Maybe she doesn't like the dark and gets scared because she can't see anything.

Just a few possibilites. =)

Take care.

I do believe in ghosts so I'm not gonna laugh at ya.  Do to the fact that she slept fine before.  I would let her sleep in your room until you figured out what was going on.  Maybe you should spend sometime in her room and see if there is anything weird going on there.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
November 7, 2006, 1:12 pm CST

My 8 month old

Sometimes she sleeps in her crib sometimes she sleeps in my bed. lol  She usually starts the night sleeping in her crib but often times when she wakes up in the middle of the night I let her finish out the night sleeping with me.

Sometimes I take naps with her during the day.  She sleeps in her crib most of the time but when its 4:30 in the morning your exhausted and she wakes up crying what are ya to do lol.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
November 7, 2006, 1:18 pm CST

Having a baby changed my life in several ways

All good though!!! well now lol

At first I went from being able to sleep in all day to not sleeping at all lol.

I'll tell you what though you never really know what love is till you have experienced the love for your child. 

My baby is 8 months old now and the last 8 months have been wonderful.  Things just get better every day.  She is a real joy and I'm so happy that I had her.

Changed my life because it gave me a reason for being.  Until I had my daughter I was wandering around in circles with no direction.  Now I know what I was put on this earth for.  I'M HERE TO BE A MAMA!! I'm so thankful for everyday that goes by.  Everynight when I lay my little one down to bed I can't way till she wakes me up in the morning so I can see her beautiful face again.

Babies are blessings from God. Love em and Cherish them.

God bless everyone that reads this.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
November 7, 2006, 1:22 pm CST

in my home

Quote From: sweetsusie

I wish I could do a survey to see how many of these kids that are having problems eating watch television while eating. I work at a daycare and about 75% of the problem eating kids were TV watchers. How many sit and watch their parent/s eat what they are eating or do they eat while house chores are being done or people are on the phone?(not uncommon in todays society)

Also some people need to be introduced to foods they don't like several times. I have 2 kids 14 & 11one will try anything in front of her(no she is not obese), she's great  for going out to different restaurants. She's more like me now my son is like his dad. He is so picky that it's not funny. I have the same meals for everyone at my table, I expect everyone to at least try a little of everything and I make meals everyone likes at least one thing. There are items that not everyone likes but we all eat the same things. You see me Mom DOES NOT like hamburger. To the point that I gag while cooking it, but I still cook it and eat it. Little but I eat because I believe If I make them eat something they don't like they know I not only eat what I don't like I make it for them. As for my son the picky eater, his whole life I made him have a little bit of everything( started with 1/2 of a cooked carrot coin, loved raw but not cooked) so every time we had cooked carrots that's all I made him eat and slowly increased his portion to 1 then two small ones and so on. Now he gets full portions and that's how I introduced him to all the food he did not like. Let me tell you there were lots. This went  for everything from yes peaches all the way to liver. Yes I know a lot of you think I'm mean but now there is no dish people will hand him he'll say no thanks to, if he's not sure if he will like it he'll say just a little please. I actually find it very rude when you are sitting at the table and people sit there and say oh that's gross or that's disgusting. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean everyone has to dislike it. You may like something that will make me gag and I don't sit there and make rude comments.

When its dinner time, the television goes off.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
November 7, 2006, 1:27 pm CST

The Funny Things They Say and Do

I taught my 7 month old how to shake her head and now she when I lay her down in her crib to take a nap she shakes her head no at me with a big smile on her face lol.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board