Message Boards

Messages By: blueicerose

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
hopeful
September 10, 2008, 7:07 am CDT

Hello!

My name is Amanda.  I weighed 287 lbs in January of '07, and I have already lost 77 lbs and I am down to 210 lbs.  I am happy I lost this much weight, but I still need to lose at least another 40 lbs.  I have been using Dr. Phil's book since I realized how much weight I gained.  I hope to lose this weight, and become even more active than before. 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
chillin'
September 11, 2008, 9:25 am CDT

Losing the weight

Quote From: magpieusmc

Amanda - thank you for giving me hope. I'm out of excuses for my weight and I'm looking forward to changing. I always say "I'll start tomorrow" - I can't say that anymore. No more excuses.
I'm 265 and want to be 150... I haven't read the book yet. But Dr. Phil has inspired me to at least try. What have I got to loose except fat?
Thanks.
Maggie

I agree with you that we can't say "i'll start tomorrow".  For me, as I read his book, I began to make little changes that involved my eating habits like measuring out portion sizes and cutting out a lot of the junk food.  I also tried to make an effort to walk rather than using an elevator.  One time, I left my car sitting on one side of the parking lot of a mall and walked across the lot to my car when I was finished shopping.  Doing small things today will help you get your mind focused on being healthy and feel good about yourself.  I am proud of you for wanting to make changes that will help you become healthier.  If you need any help, just ask.
-Amanda

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
chillin'
September 12, 2008, 8:57 am CDT

I have the same problem

Quote From: lipz6978

Hello everyone. My name is Melissa and I am a mother to 5 children ages ranging from 11yrs to 5 months.  My current weight is 241lbs.  My goal weight is 140lbs.  I have just started reading Dr Phil's Ulitmate Weight Solution.  For the first time in my life, I KNOW I will lose this weight.  I have a hard time with emotional eating, and I am hoping to meet others with the same problem.  So if anyone is strugling with the same thing that I am I would love to meet you!!  Good luck everyone!!!!
Hello Melissa!  I am 22 years old and I used to weigh 287 pounds.  It makes me feel less insane that someone else is dealing with the same problem.  I still struggle with emotional eating.  It took me forever to lose 77 lbs within a year and a half.  The only way I lost the weight was by making small changes in my lifestyle at first.  One of my goals of this year is to find another outlet so I won't eat nearly as much as I have been.  You are not alone.  If anyone has any good ideas about finding another outlet for emotional eaters, please let us know.  Good luck to everyone! 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board