Messages By: loulou_22

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
sad
November 21, 2006, 9:25 am CST

the whole family grievs

Quote From: makenah

Carolyn, Thank you.  Sandi, Thank you, Rayna, Thank You!  Tweety, Thank you too.. Emily Thank you.  I look forward to hearing from you all... You keep me going.  All the others too.  I know I am not alone, but we all share that Mountain we have to TRY to start up... and we are not ready, but together, maybe we can just keep driving around the mountain.  And not stop???  God Bless us all, Mary Ann
My husbands brother was murderd July 4th 06 in his own yard over one can of beer. He was a quiet at home drinker who would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it and he even quit drinking long enough to keep our three children when I went into a drug treatment center for 30 days.Charlie left a 11 yr old son and a  loving wife behind and he had 12 siblings, his parents are deceaced. My main concern is for my children, they seem to be grieving worse than the son, my 7yr daughter has outburst all the time she cries for her favorite uncle all the time and its breaking my heart to see these children hurt so bad. I have looked into some therapy for her but the waiting list is long considering our method of paying for the services. I try to be comforting to the whole family.My poor husband is having a real rough time as well and when the children bring him up all the grief is apparent again. Iknow its good to tajlk about these things as a family I just dont know if I am doing enough. Waiting on the police to arrest the men responsible for beating my brother in law is a night mare for the entire family. We are praying that justice will prevail in this case. I believe how charlie died is the hardest to acceptfor us all. Any advice or just someone to talk to woluld help me to know how to deal with the children and lots of prayers will be appreciated.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
November 21, 2006, 12:24 pm CST

about your ex husband

Quote From: elizabethstr

Hi all I am currently divorcing, I was married for 8 years my husband and I split up when I was 8 months pregnant with our 3rd child. He left state and moved in with some woman he met while we were married after he moved I found  Crystal Meth ( ICE) in our home.  He recently admitted to me that he has been hooked on it, but claims to be clean now, but has not been to any rehabs says he did it all on his own? How believable is that? From what I understand about Meth is the drug is the hardest one to get off of and the easiest one to get addicted too. He now lives states away , I am trying to support and rasie our 3 kids on my own with no help from him, but he says he wants our oldest two for visitation this summer thats 42 days. We have not been to court or anything yet, how can I convince a judge to do a mandatory drug test? I need to know my children will be safe, and if  I can get the judge to order a test if he fails can the judge also oder mandatory rehab? My children need their dad, but they need a sober clean father.  My daughter 6 soon to be 7 is already freaked at the idea of going up there with him, and I need to know her and my son age 3 will be ok. We also have a 7 week old little girl but he has yet to see her or ask about her too much so I am not worried about visitation with her.
I can relate to your story in several ways. First I want to say Iam a recovering addict so I can see why he thinks he can do it on his own. I was addicted to crack cocaine for many years and my addiction almost destroyed my family, and by the grace of God I found recovery and I will be clean 3 yearson april12th 07. I do believe you would dammage your children more if you let this man visit the children alone. He needs time to prove himself and if he is not willing to go to treatment, then most likely he dosent want to get clean yet. If he says he does then tell him If he wants to be a part of the kids life then he will go to treatment. you could take the kids to see him after he has been in residentual treatment for about 30 to 60 days. Iwouldnt worry about the judge , usually they can see the situation at hand and can tell  that yourlooking out for their best intrest. There is however a place for you to go  thats called AlAnon maybe you have heard of it , it is a 12 step program for persons who have a loved one who uses alchchol and or drugs. I strongly suggest that you look in your local directory and attend one of these meetings it will change your life forever and all to the better. One of the most important things i learned in treatment was that the children are the last to recover. My heart goes out to them most of all , their so young and inocent and deserve the very best life ever . I believe as parents it is our responsibilty to see that this is fullfilled... Hard to do? yes i know im still learning that,and I have made some grave mistakes that Ican never change but Ican change me anytime and Ican live one day at a time. I still make mistakes even today, but I am clean and I do my best and my children are just now starting to calm down and relax, they no longer look in my eyes to see if i am high. If you believe in God then youneed to pray very hard every  day for your ex and he will help you, I know he helps me all the time. My husband is a drug dealer and he went to prison for a year anda half while I went to treatment ,then I got out and proceeded to raise our children alone. I joined AA and I worked the 12 steps and my life began to change, I have gotten so close to my children again and we are happy. However my husband who at first said he changed in prison is on probation and was doing good for a while  on his own , with no program is selling drugs again. Now I have a whole set of problems myself. My husband is going to have to suffer his own concenquinces and that will mean loosing the kids and me. Which i am in the process of planning. I have to protect the children at all cost, but most of all I have to protect my own sobriety as well, no clean mom the kids loose all. I hope this helps you , and I  will be here if you need to talk. good luck and God bless.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
November 21, 2006, 1:15 pm CST

there is a solution

Quote From: forjenny

Hi, your story touched me.  I think we are in similar situations.  I have been on this board for about a month and I have gotten some very good advice.  It is good to talk to someone even if it isn't face to face, it helps us release.  As far as I can tell, my suggestion would be to take your daughter and start your life over.  She is more important than he is right now.  She needs to get help for the cutting,  I understand why you took him back, but if it isn't working, its not working right??? Do you want to spend your whole life like this?  Does your daughter?? As far as the sex, I have not had relations with my husband for almost 5 years.  3 months ago, I started sleeping in the other room. It started just because i needed to get a full nights sleep for once.  I have just stayed there.  My husband is an functioning alcoholic.  I have 4 grown children and have been married for 32 years.  I am contemplating a divorce,   My son will get married this year and it will be just me and my husband so really there isn't too much to keep me here.  I honestly feel it I am unhappy with the marriage, and we don't fight or have arguements., I think he is just as unhappy as I am and we just don't mention it to one another.  It is sad though, you put so many years and memories into  your life and it  no longer is happy.   I feel for you because you do have a business, and you probably enjoy that , and that would have to be in a divorce split,  but don't let a business keep you and your daughter from being happy.  I knew a woman , her husband had an affair and they had a thriving business, a hall and catering business.  She divorced and now she is top manager at a Sam's club because of her business experience.  You can make it with out his verbal and emotional abuse.   I can't say this is sound advice, i am not a professional none of us on this board are.  One thing you need to know is that most of these women and men on the board have been in the same or worse situations.   They can help us. I haven't anyone to talk to about this.  I don't discuss too much with my children about what I plan to do.  Just in case I get cold feet.  I pray your daughter and you will get the help you desperately need.   and hope you holidays what ever they may be will be brighter.
hi I am so enspired by your stories and Iwould like to offer some support. there is a group called Alanon that you can go to and it will change your life. I have discoverd a book called codependant  no more and in this book you will find that you need to take care of you, and that you can detatch with love from your loved one and that you do matter and life is too short to miss out on anymore. I really hope you will check out the alanon and keep your head up and Iwould like to talk again at a later time and tell you my story too good luck and God bless                                                                                         

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
November 21, 2006, 10:13 pm CST

feeling your pain

Quote From: rhonda28

Hi I am new and searching for answers!  My son is 22 yrs old and addicted to meth.  He was clean for about 6 months and got a great job started coming around and doing great.  He got around his old friends and him and his gf both started using agai and lost thier jobs.  I already have custody of his 4 yr old son and his gf's parents have custody of the our other grandson which is two.  My son is such a loving person and it kills me to see him go back to this!  I have not heard from him in weeks and am worried sick!  He came to stay with me when he lost his job but I told him he could not stay at my house.  I have a 15 yr old son at home and I don't want him around him.  That sounds terrible but I feel I have no choice.  Now noone has heard from him.  I am wondering if I should have let him stay for a few days.  Maybe he would've reached out to me for help.  It's impossible to even try to get through to him when he is high or coming down.  I don't have the resources to send him to rehab. My finances are drained due to fighting my grandsons mom and step-dad for custody of my grandson(they are also on drugs).  I don't know what to say to my son to help him.  Does anyone have any answers?  Are there any programs for young dads to get clean that don't cost?  I know that is probably wishful thinking but it doesn't hurt to ask.  I love my son so much and i know his boys need him to be a father.  The oldest one is being abused my his step-dad.  he so desparetely needs his daddy to step up to the plate for him!  How do you even get through to him when he is so addicted to that crap?

hi Iam new to this site but very familair with narcotics and their affects. Ifeel so sorry for you and my heart goes out to you and your son I dont know where you are but here is what I do know. I have heard theirs a christian based 12 step rehab service somewhere in louizanna maybe you could look it up ont the net, also the salvation army has a rehab in dayton ohio and this could be free its worth checking out maybe even your local sv army may help ypu and they may pay for transportation . I used to work for sv army in portsmouth ohio and we have sent lots to this rehab. Also the counsling center in portsmouth ohio has a place called the marsh house for men only no children and they often have grant beds available to persons who cant pay. Your son may have to go on a waiting list but its a start. Ireally hope the best for you all and you must know your son has to want to get clean and right now he has no idea that he is powerless over meth and when he uses hes not the person he would normally be, this addiction is a desiease and we must treat the addict like we would a cancer patient. I also suggest you look into obtainingsome info on drug addiction and even attend an ALANON meeting. You need to also take care of your self in the process. Please dont give up looking for an appropriate rehab and remember their people out thier who will help get your son into a facility you just keep looking and I will be praying for youboth. Iwill be happy to chat with you any time and I want to say I have twin sons age 18 today that are using alchol and maraguinna and their not as bad  YET...I am a recovering addict and in recovery Iwill have 3 yrs april12 07 and even though my boys have lived through my addiction they chose to use saying theill never be as bad as me Yet ........  so Ifeel your pain and God didnt give up on me and I wont give up on my sons either. However it is very important that you dont continue to enable your sons addiction ither, We must serve our own consenquences and totall hit a bottem to really want recovery, I AM37 with 6 kids who I lost to the state on the very day my last was born 4-2-04 even though the three small ones was in treatment with me they still belong to the state My husband went to prison for drug trafficing and I had no family , no money, no home or any thing left , and that was enough for me I have my whole family back together now and we are happy but I have to go to a meeting everyday I have a sponsor who helps me work the 12 steps and Im living one day at a time clean and sober, but like Isaid I have  to continue to work the program and its not a religous but a spiritual program so Ipray God thrtough me has helped you and your not alone out there people care i care Iworked at the same treatment center i graduated from and have been given thewonderful pleasure to give back , good luck lady and God bless

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
November 22, 2006, 10:02 am CST

get out while you still can

Quote From: sammy49

Recently my husband and daughter were playing around,  nothing out the norm. My husband was resting on his back on the floor, our daughter sat on his chest, something that she does once in awhile, she began to play around with him. She was pretend playing horsy with him. I notice what she was doing but didn't think anything of it, but I thought to my self the position which she was in was inappropriate, so I told her to get off daddy. When she got up off of him I notice that he was slightly erect, not to noticeable but I knew the difference, it puzzled me. I didn't say anything because I was just confused at the time. I notice after that had happened he began to act different, he turned on his stomach for a couple of minutes, then our daughter began to still jump on him. After a while he got of very slowly, I notice he had his hand pressed against his groin area, he quickly walked away to the kitchen then to the restroom. I started to become concerned about this because his demeanor started to change. I was molested as a child so I started to become paranoid about the whole situation. So I was acting like a bodyguard towards my daughter the rest of the night. I did not speak to my husband at all that night. He never spoke to me or asked me why I was acting funny and keeping our daughter away from him, so that brought up more suspicion. I didn't confront my husband until the next day, I told him that I notice him slightly erected when our daughter got off his chest, I was looking him straight in his face and he look very uncomfortable and the embarrassed . I asked him if he was thinking or feeling things and if he could express them to me. In reaction to what I asked him he became extremely defensive and accused me of calling him a pedophile and if I feel that way about him I should leave and raise our daughter on my own. His reaction was shocking to me, he continued to get more defensive and verbally insulting to me by throwing my molestation that happen to me in my face. He then walked out the house and started to say he is moving out. I never expected him to react in such a way. I don't know what to think of this, is my husband becoming a risk to our child?

hi I am new to this site and Iam just going to be straight forward with you . I believe mothers have a special God given instinct when their children are in trouble, and I think you hit it right on the nail and you should talk to the child and ask questions , youdidnt say how old she is but from myown experience as a mother of 6 I talk to my children all the time about sex and have started as young as my 5 yr old because kids like yo experiment with each other and that is so scary to me because my brother and I did and my parents still do not know about this and I have carried this guilt around for years and now Iam so so over protective of my kids. Icaught my kids playing house and I immediatly sat them down  for a talk and it worked they now tell on each other if one goes in that direction and it dosent happen any more. WE have to really get to know our kids and yes this is a sad situation especially for the father because he will probly miss out on a real relationship with his daughter and this is not your fault and probly not his either, He may have some real problems that he dosent even reconize and you need to totally invesagate this situation and Iam no expert in this field but Iam a mother and my heart goes out to you. this can cause you so much pain especially with your relationship with your husband so I urge you to be careful andseek professional guidence and for Gods sake talk to your chid especially about appropriate ways to play with dad. good luck and god bless you and happy thanks giving.............

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
November 23, 2006, 5:26 am CST

addiction hurts everyone

Quote From: corsair060

Okay here goes, I am a 40 something year old man and my girlfriend once my fiance is 30 something and we have some serious problems in our relationship. We both have been using meth for about 3 years now of course we say we are not like other meth users. I feel we are meth addicts she does not. She smokes weed like a fire place I do maybe once a month. She drinks mostly beer maybe a 12 pack a week I really only drink at family functions or once in a great while we might by some chance leave our home to have some fun tossing darts or playing shuffle board. I need some advice here hopefully some insight as to what I do next because to be totally honest I am so lost so confused and I am hurting because of my actions as well hurting because of hers. We have been together almost ten years and before the meth three years ago we were doing pretty good I had some codependent issues that was hurting us. I know the first thing you are saying "WOW" your right let me toss so more logs here. About a year ago we really tried to kick this meth stuff and it went so horribly wrong I became violent and we fought and i hit her. I am being honest it was not everyday or even week but it happen on several occasions. She became withdrawn from me and started talking to someone else. That pissed me even more not a real good thing to do by either of us but it happen. She did have a one night stand with someone about 4 years ago it took alot to get over that but to be honest I do believe her it happened it should not have but drugs mixed with alcohol did not help it. This new relationship she was in was getting serious and when she finally told me about it she says I am done with us. The fighting the yelling the physical abuse made it worse. It came to a head and I found out who he was and called him. I did not yell I did not say stop or else all I said to his voice mail was look I know about you and I want you to know that I love her and he does not know what he is getting into here that we both have some serious problems and he might want to take a real close look at what he is stepping into. I swear that is all I said. He dropped her in less then three hours without even telling her anything other then I called him. So with him gone back to meth and back to us pretending life is grand. It took me a few more months put I started getting help with the codependent side of me. I feeel that is going great I am alot better not perfect but so much better. Of course she says that it does not matter anymore because of all the hurt. She told me she was leaving that was at least 6 months ago she is still here we go weeks everything is great then all of a sudden I do something stupid codepented stupid she cries and says she is leaving then three days later okay again. We are still using meth,smoking weed and her drinking. I am being totally honest I Love this woman with all of my heart she is what everyman wants in his life but so few truly find. I so hate what I did to her with my hands and words. I know if she leaves I am going to need some serious help. One question I really have here is how do I get her to get help? She needs the help as much as I do but she does not think so. She says she can handle her own problems. I keep asking her to come to a session with me but she refuses to admit that her own issues are causing what is happing as well as mine. How do I get her to really open his eyes and see that if she leaves and does not get help then her next relationship will be no better.  I thank yoiu for your time.  If this letter upsets you and makes  no real sense  I am truly sorry.  I need some help plese

hi, I want to respond to you because Iam a recovering addict and I know where you are coming from, Iwas in a relationship similar to yours back in 1988 and It was horrible and I seriously thaught this was just a normal way to live. What you are talking about is insanity and that is exactly what the deasiese of addiction brings us . I think you should foucus on you and get yourself some help first We cannot fix our loved ones ,but we can seek help for our selves. Have you ever heard of narcotics anonymous? This would be a great place to start, If you really want help .   Ihope you will check it out before someone gets seriously hurt. the desiease of addiction gets worse never better and will progress so quickly that you wont know what hit you and may I say that we are the only ones who can say if were an addict or not no one else can dignose us. YOU sound like you are looking for a way out or else you wouldnt be on this site, so please for the sake of your own life try a narcotic a. meeting, or perhaps residential treatment would be better. I worked at a treatment center for a year after I graduated from the same place and being clean and looking in from the other side, has been an experience of a life time and Iam now going on to obtain an associates in counsling I have been clean foralmost 3 years and I love my life today. Iwas on a lot of hard drugs for years and every relationship Itouched fell apart so I wish you the very best and Ill be checking in from time to time good luck   loulou22

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
November 24, 2006, 1:55 pm CST

keep keeping on

Quote From: hopeless126

Please forgive my spelling....

Okay Well Im only 15 years old and as I sit here and read alot of what most of you guys our writing I begin to see places where I can Help. Well Heres A little bit About me. My parents are no longer together, They got a Divorce when I was 18 month old. My dad has been addictted to cociane for as long as I can remember. He spent most of his and my own life in prison. He was just recently Arrested again in the last past week. My mother who got remarried when i was five and is still currently married to my Step-Father, Who is about the closest thing I have even had to a real Father. As much as we try to cover everything Our Family isnt what anyone should classify as a Family. As my mom says lately were falling apart. My big Brother Sean is leaving to go to Phillie. , because a close friend of his died in a car accident and he is heartbroken. My Mom's Best Friend Grandmother past away this week. My mom feel bad because she isnt with her friend. As well as My close friend Grandfather who I was close with as well pasted away this past week too. My aunt and uncles house in Arkansa burt to the ground. We are barely passing by. Everyone in my house has a job My brother works at the local Old Navy, My mom is a Secritary and working in Retail as well. My stepdad is in constuction or Dry-Wall. He works Side jobs as well to. I dont work because Im having a problem Finding a job at my age. However Im a voluteer tutor at one of my local elementry school. Today is thanksgiving and eveything is falling part. Im listen to everyone fight its like this every holiday I just want the Family we once were. I want to go to where we spent time together and Everyday wasnt a constant fight. On the rare occision that I can even wake up in the morning in the morning with out a fight. Im a sophemore, I have my own problem especially when it comes to school. I seem to let the dumbest things get in my way. Im driving myself crazy, More now then ever. Im striving to get help. Im always the one who covers it all up and is holding everyone else and telling them its okay things will get better because they always do. Lately things are just getting worse. Right now I just need advice because Im out of advice to give to everyone else.    

Hi, I just read your story today and I feel so bad for you,  and I admire you for seeking help here and Id like to say that i hope theres a way you could become deeply involved in your school , like sports or something . You say you volnteer at school and thats great keep up the good work and I suggest you talk to your guidence counslor at school , he or she can be some support as well.

all familys have their quarrels and it always affects the chioldren dramiticllay I grew up in a dis funcitional family too my father was an alcholic and my parents divorced when I was ten . My mother raised 9 children by her self for 20 years, and even though we went to church for half of those years, we all rebelled in the end and there was alot of sreaming and hollering going on all the time, and guess what? this didnt stop in my generation, now all grown up with my own family and recovering drug/alchol addict  Im dealing with my own temper which has also developed in my children and my husband, we wernt always like this and it is getting better my husband and I are in marriage counsling , but what about the kids when do they get to vent their feelings??? My 14 yr old daughter has a very short temper and my 7 yr old is getting hers from copying herand all this origanates from the adults in the family. Im telling you this so you will see that you can become just like this and possibly end up alchol/ drug dependant or even suicidle .You need to talk to some one every day about how you are feeling and this will help you cope, holding it all in can practially kill you or dammage you permantly. You dont want to have your children end up like this do you? Do something now and save your self and you can keep writng me , ill check this site once a day and well help each other. Just reading your story helps me to see how much more I need to be kind and loving to my family especially my children , so thanks for that. I have a support group called alcholics anyomous that helps me stay sober and gives me some spirituallity and Iam grateful for that. Ill be yourt support  if you like everyone needs someone.........Iwill be praying for you and you just keep keeping on honey,and may god bless you  loulou22

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
November 24, 2006, 2:45 pm CST

Addiction Support

Quote From: lantana

My 35-year old nephew has once again relapsed.  He has lost his wife and 2-year old son, his job, and is about to be evicted.  His wife told me last night on the phone that he will probably ask me if he can live with me and my husband until he can get into rehab.  Of course, I doubt that he really wants rehab, because he has no faith in the process, and he is cocky enough to think that he can do it on his own.  In addition, he is terribly ashamed of himself and thinks going into rehab would give away his secret to the friends, family, and future employers.   He has had long periods of sobriety, the last one being about 4 years.  But, about a year ago, he began drinking beer again, saying that he could control his addiction now.  His wife told me that during the past two weeks, he has been home very little, and has been using cocaine.  He has been working in a restaurant which is open until 2am, and he said it's a hangout for young people late at night, and that's when the restaurant makes most of its money on alcohol.  Naturally, this is his preferred shift, and he said it was because tips were good.

I have a very long history of helping him, and he has alienated almost everyone in the family to the point that my husband and I are probably the only family members who would even consider helping him again.  I realize that I'm too soft, but the thought of sending him to the streets is intolerable for me at this time.  My husband will go along with my decision to let him move in, even though I know he worries about it being the wrong thing to do. 

The last time he moved in with us was early in 2001, and he had only been sober for about 6 months.   My husband and I told that if would enroll in junior college and work part-time just for pocket money, he didn't have to pay us anything to live here.  Basically, it was totally free to him, as long as he was in school.  He applied for and received Pell grants, and he made excellent grades.  He saved enough to buy a used car, and his life was normal for the first time in many years.  Then, early in 2003, he met an 18-year girl at the restaurant at which he worked (he was 32).  She, too, attended AA meetings for a prescription drug problem she had in high school, and they began dating, against the rules of AA.  But, they ignored the rule.  Soon, they were asked not to attend the meetings together.  So, what did they do---they stopped going all together. 

Now, here comes the part about my being too soft--it wasn't long before he told me some sad story about her being terribly mistreated by her Dad and Stepmother, with whom she had been sent to live by her mother. She had given her mother so much trouble in high school with the drugs, that her mother made her go and live with her Dad, whom she barely knew, because he, too, had been an addict and hadn't been in her life for several years.  She was very unhappy in her Dad's home.  Well, you can guess what happened next.  My nephew asked me if she could move in here, and I said yes.  I had 3 deal breakers: (1) no pregnancy, (2) no abortion, and (3) they both had to go to college and work part time.   Three months later, they announced to me that she was pregnant.  I was very angry with myself and with both of them, and I asked them to move out in December, at the end of the semester.  That month, he got an Associate's degree with all A's.

Their son was born in April, and since then, he has had several jobs and they have lived in the same apartment complex. 

I believe the current relapse began with drinking beer about a year ago.     Now, he is on the brink of losing everything, and it's just a matter of time until he asks me once again if he can live here until he gets on his feet.   Oddly enough, his former restaurant employer has said that he was a great employee, and can get his job back.  His wife and son are going to live with her mother, and he is being evicted in 3 days.   His wife warned him that she would not tolerate his using again, and she is keeping her word.   

My biggest worry is that he will think he has nothing else to lose and will take his own life.  Or, he will start on cocaine again and die of an overdose.  Also, he has stolen from us before, and I'm sure he would do it again if he uses again.

Even though my husband and I can afford to let him live here, I cannot afford drug rehab. 

Anybody out there want to tell me what I should do?

Lantana

Hi im no drug counslor yet but i will bein the next year or so Ihope any way. Lets see you say AAasked them not to come back together ? Well i am a member of AA myself and Ihave never heard of that before however we have rights to create our own service boards so that may as well have happend, but it shouldnt have. We [suggest ] only, We cannot and should not ever give advice in AA. In my home town meetings people get into relationships before one year sober all the time and we dont kick them out , we just pray for them and tell them to keep coming back. So your son has been sober before for some time too so I really do feel sorry for you because he will be coming back to you for help just like you suspect, I can garentee that, so you need a plan and you need strength from God to see it through. Iknow this may sound so harsh to you but the streets is just where your son needs to be and you need to let him suffer severe consecquences for him to truly hit bottem and want to finally once and for all stay clean. If you continue to enable his addiction and thats what it is by taking him in , then you could be signing your own sons death warrent. Who says you may not find him overdosed in your own home? The disease is not going away just because he comes home or you help him out. He is sick and the best thing you can do for him is PRAY, go to ALANON, and do not help him in any way. But please tell him you Love him every chance you get. When he calls you could say son I love you and Ialways will and I cannot enable you any longer and hang up quickly. He needs to think no one wants him around or cares, this helps you to see what your doing to yourself and want help thats what it did to me at 17 when my mom locked her doors on me at 3 am she wouldnt even give me a drink of water or a ciggerett for if she did she knew she would give in to me. IM 37 and been clean almost 3 years I lost my kids, my husband, my home and all my family stopped enableing me and mam, I have no desire to use. Your son has been through this over and over so hopefully a real bottem will save his life. some never recover some do statitics only four out of every thirty stay sober . Good luck and God bless and I will be praying for you and your son loulou22

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
November 24, 2006, 6:28 pm CST

thats wonderful

Quote From: mischif12

I got some really good news in the form of a call from my brother yesterday. He has been in his disease (Alcoholism) for some 25-30 years. It got really bad in the last two years when his wife of 12 years with whom he shares 4 kids had an affair and left him for another man. Well he told me yesterday that he has been going to meetings and has 90 days sober!!!!!!!!!!!

See miracles do happen - My sobriety is proof and my brother is a new but fragile addition to the club.

Peace and namast

Mischif

Hi i had read your article and im so very happy for you and especially your brother I remember my first 90 days an d i know hes happy  so keep prayin its a long journey

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
November 24, 2006, 7:02 pm CST

TIRED OF SMOKING

HI I AM NEW HERE AND I DESPERATLY WANT TO QUIT SMOKING IM 37 WITH 6 KIDS FROM 18 TO 2 AND I WANT TO SEE THEM ALL GROW UP AND I ALSO HAVE WEIGHT PROBLEMS SO IM AFRAID ILL GAIN MORE WEIGHT. I cant just take any meds cause im a recovering addict  with only two and a half yrs clean . and what is meters???? Any one willing to help me out there ? 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board