Messages By: wro130

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
blank
November 28, 2006, 1:43 pm CST

rock bottom?

OK.

Being a mom of an addict, I am finally at my end!!!!!

I have taken him to doctors, rehab, psychologists, psychiatrist, paid his bills, paid for his sub oxen.....I have had it.....I will not buy anymore sub oxen, give him anymore money for ANYTHING!!....if he goes into withdrawls, he is going to have to do it on his own...

no more anything...

If he goes through withdrawls and he gets too sick, I will call 911...But I refuse to do this any longer.

Addicts have to be the most selfish individuals I have ever seen...while they are out feeling their high, families suffer.

I feel like an addict,

I walk in circles, I beg God...I pray (there is a difference)

I can't sleep or eat.

I am very ill myself...with a seizure disorder, and a debilitating intestinal disease, along with cancer...and yet, I am stronger then him....I can't do this anymore~~~~~~~

If he steals to get his drugs he will go to jail and I cannot or will not get him out.

I just BEG GOD that he wakews up before he dies!!!!!!!!

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
blank
November 28, 2006, 2:05 pm CST

WEAPONS OF MASS DISTRUCTION

DRUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is our REAL weapon of mass distruction

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
blank
November 28, 2006, 3:07 pm CST

11/27 The Dr. Phil House: Heroin Twins, The Intervention, Part 2

Quote From: jandherboys

Ok cool it, yes addiction is a disease, but, do you need to treat it with another "prescription" drug that she can get addicted to.  Let her dry out naturally, give her 7 clean days before throwing a new "prescription" drug at her.  Wait for her mind to clear up, let her yearn to be clean and then start treating her, come on!  Let the girl sleep, be in pain, and be bitchy.  She needs to go through the cycle of detox.  She can handle the freaky high that heroine and crack give you, then she can handle some pain and weariness.  Hard knox people.  After all she is in a pretty nice place with all the medical help at her whim, did any of you other addicts have these luxuries in cleaning up, I know I sure didn't.  Have you ever heard of no pain no gain?  Wait til she goes through the pain of the conscience mind, and has to start dealing with all the hurt and pain she mentally doled out.

I'm sorry a drug for a drug  is no difference than an eye for an eye in my books.

Most addicts don't succeed the first time 

i agree..there are many out there that do not have the luxury of Dr. Phil

And they get clean.

I have a hard time dealing with this addiction thing., being A disease?????????

I think the disease is the mental health issue, and instead of dealing with their mental health,their depression they go to drugs and alcohol.......I don't believe that the drug or alcohol addiction is a disease, its a choice on how people deal with the disease of depression.

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
blank
November 28, 2006, 4:15 pm CST

11/27 The Dr. Phil House: Heroin Twins, The Intervention, Part 2

Quote From: vera_wa

I'm sorry, but I totally agree with Sarah right now.  I know when I was withdrawing from heroin how physically ill I was....real bad shape. No way would I have been mentally equip (or physically) to do anything else until the drug was completely out of my system! I laid suffering for 2 solid weeks....not even able to keep food down (Sarah is actually lucky she can eat!), gut wrenching cramps, complete listlessness, the whole enchilada!  This is what detox facilities have done for eons.  You just "detox".  Then and only then are attending meetings, ect. encouraged. 

I know Dr. Phil and his doctors are sincere, but I really would have liked to have seen Dr. Phil bring in a few recovering addicts into the house as well. Let some real recovering addicts help the addicts.  We ain't very nice either...it's just an identifying issue.

Vera

are you on suboxene?????

did you take suboxene????

I am wondering how long the withdrawls take....without any other opiate?????

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
blank
December 2, 2006, 9:56 am CST

12/04 Heroin Twins: The Intervention, Part 3

Quote From: blaze051

I have had my share of heroin addicts in my life and just having one family member addicted to heroin can do a family in, let alone two..  I lost my first husband to this evil drug, he was clean for about 5 yrs and then started chippin and as you know there is no chippin in doing heroin.  I lost my brillent, beautiful  sister,SallyJo 4yrs ago to the devils drug.  She was found dead in her car in front of her connections house in Oakland , CA, apparently she had been there for a couple days. no one in the house cared enough or even looked out the window to see she was still there. But as you know there is no caring , no feelings in heroin use. 

My heart goes out to the mother of the twins and hopefully she will get the therapy she will be needing after learning of the horrible lifestyle of her daughters.  I have no answers to this day of the WHY ??this happend. I could not tell my mother for a long time of my sister.s use, only when she started abusing them did I volenteer this information. But the understanding of the power of the drug was difficult for her to conprehend.  I have always said, my first husband, gave me the blueprint and a life long lesson, I will never forget, on a heroin addicts ways and I actually thank him for that, Why ?  because one of the strongest emotions I had after learning of his addiction was embarrassment, not for him for me, and thinking I could help him, i could fix him...I just felt damn stupid...and a court ordered counsler , one of the two addicts I have actually met that cleaned up and stayed clean, told me in a session that " It was time to get out, get out of the relationship or I would go down with him" those were his exact words He had to fix himself.

So to all involved in this intervention, best of luck, mind over matter, mom don't blame yourself for too long, and I will be watching for this mircle to unfold and you take your life back..  And to Dr. Phil, show me a program that works and I'll support it 100%. You see I still believe there is one out there.

God Bless  all of you

Blaze

what is chippin

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board