Message Boards

Messages By: bettymerchen

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
October 25, 2008, 2:58 pm CDT

bullies of the past

Hi...I'm very interested in all the new information regarding bullying. When I was a teen there was no internet, but there were plenty of bullies around. They made life just as miserable for the "weaker" kids, just in a different way. To be honest, I can't stand to relive the experiences enough to recount them to you here. They were too painful........still are! My point is this: I am now 48 years old, and my self image and life choices are STILL affected  DAILY by the bullying I endured as a youngster. These experineces leave life-long scars. When Dr. Phil says adults "write on the slate" of who their child is, I understand exactly what he means. Unfortunately, bullies do the same. If there were a way to recover from these experieces, I'd love to learn about it. My prayer is that fewer young people will have their self-images destroyed now that this topic is out in the open more.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
December 2, 2008, 9:57 am CST

05/14 "I'm Hot, You're Not"

Quote From: MRS_HAPPY

MY HUSBAND AND I ARE BOTH OBESE AND PROBABALY EAT LESS THAN YOU.  WHEN WE GO TO A RESTRAUNT WE SHARE A MEAL  AND SOMETIMES EVEN TAKE SOME OF THAT HOME WITH US.  I NEVER EAT SNACKS BETWEEN MEALS.   I TRY TO EAT FRUIT AND VEGETABLES THAT ARE EITHER RAW OR LIGHTLY STEAMED.  WE DON'T GO TO FAST FOOD PLACES EITHER.  NEITHER OF US DRINK SODA POP, OR BOOZE.  I  PERSONALLY DON'T GET A LOT OF EXERCISE HOW EVER  I'LL BET NO MATTER HOW YOUNG AND FIT YOU ARE YOU PROBABLY COULDN'T KEEP UP WITH MY 76 YEAR OLD HUSBAND AT WORK. HE CLEANS BETWEEN 15 TO 20 SWIMMING POOLS A DAY,  AND THATS HARD PHYSICAL WORK.  I DID CHEMO LAST YEAR AND EAT A LOT LESS THAN I USED TO AND I'M STILL GAINING WEIGHT.  SOME OF IT FROM THE MEDIACATIONS I AM TAKING.  I'M A VERY SLOW EATER  AND I'VE ALWAYS BEEN A SLOW EATER  I DO ENJOY EVERY BITE, I SAVOR IT NOT GOBBLE IT

ARE YOU A STICK PERSON?

No way do you have to explain or define your lifestyle or personal worth to that shallow woman!!! I can tell from your post you are a hundred times more worthwhile as a person than any self-absorbed diva. Don't give her a second thought.........she certainly isn't worth it. You should spend your time being happy and enjoying that hard-working husband of yours. Take care of yourself, enjoy who you are, and God bless you!!!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board