Message Boards

Messages By: carey325

Message Emote
blank
October 11, 2007, 8:16 pm CDT

10/12 Homecoming Shooting

I'm from Wisconsin, not near Crandon.  Married to a police administrator.  I am just waiting for the cop basing.  You can't predict everything, please do not use this young man's issues to be a platform to bash all those officers that put their lives on the line, whose families miss holidays with them  because they are out there protecting us from the law breakers, PLEASE.  This is one person, one young person.  He does nto represent the many officers that have dedicated their lives to this profession. 

And on that same note, please remember this young man has a family.  They do not deserve to be persecuted.

And the victims families also will need time to heal, please allow them that.  This is a tough, terrible world we live in.  Let's not make this harder on everyone than we have to. 

Thank you.

Message Emote
blank
October 30, 2007, 7:03 pm CDT

I can relate

Quote From: denise1978

I've been watching the show and know all to well what these girls go through I just never knew there was a name for it.I am 29 yrs old and have suffered from acne since I was about 13 yrs old.I will not let anyone including my boyfriend to see me without makeup and I most certanly would never leave the house without it.I have been on anti-depressants for about 10 yrs now and nothing seems to help,most of the time I don't leave the house unless absolutely necessary.I find it tough to go to work, and hate the way i look even with all the makeup on.I hope there is help for me somewhere so I can feel good about myself again.Thanks for shedding light on this.

Your story sounds much like mine.  I am frustrated by the number of posts in here saying that people that suffer from BDD are vain.  It is a real disorder, I think it is a lot like anorexia/bulemia.  There is a book called Broken Mirror by Katherine Phillips MD that I would recommend to anyone feeling this way.  Unless you've been there or had someone close to you have this disorder, you just don't understand how real it is.  Please be more sensitive to others that are suffering, it is NOT vanity. 

There is hope - I suffered for three years. Was so afraid of foods that I thought were causing my acne, I actually dropped from 130 lbs (at 5'4") to 99 lbs.  I reached my low, crying in front of the mirror for 2 hours.  I asked God for help and it suddenly popped into my head that I needed help.  I saw a therapist and went on paxil.  I was on it for 10 months and significantly improved.  Faith, therapy, medication and a supportive family pulled me through.  I forced myself to go to work everyday, even when I wanted to stay home.  Be strong. Best  wishes, I know the pain and wish you the best as well as Diana.

I also think there may be a connection between this, obsessive compulsive disorder and perfectionism?  Thoughts???

Message Emote
blank
November 2, 2007, 5:42 pm CDT

An observation

When Dr Phil asked why she was not reacting in a certain way, all I kept thinking was - Maybe just maybe after all of this fighting going on for so long, she got a little worn out and numb to it?  I've seen what false accusations can do - it is devastating and for her it was devistating to her family, her career, her finances.  If this was all made up, these boys should be ashamed of themselves!  It is not a game.

Message Emote
blank
May 1, 2008, 7:29 am CDT

Ridiculous

A woman can hold a man hostage with her womb..... how ridiculous.  This law is crazy.  She was just as responsible for becoming pregnant and he was.  And her father?  A little controlling?   Having witnessed similar things, I think we need to stand up for those men that WANT to be a father.  I'm sure the state would gladly take his child support money even with this law in place.  What is this world coming to?  To me it seemed Esther and her Daddy held ALL  the cards and hooray for the attorney that found this law.  Must make her feel GREAT to rip out this guys heart.  We need laws that make sense.  This one does not.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board