Message Boards

Messages By: marianparoo

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
angry
April 10, 2007, 12:41 am CDT

I really can't take it...

...when goons like this try to excuse their behavior with religious jargon like possessed, devil made them.

And then they have the utter gall to decide that their supreme being (like they had a direct email from him/her) forgives them or even that they just "accept" their supreme being (like they were atheists when they raped the child) wipes it all away,

Look, I believe in God, but they should stop using their relationship or lack of as an excuse. Even assuming that they know, "God forgives them," according to my relgion (I'm Jewish) they can only be forgiven  by God for sins against God, and not for sins against another person. For that kind of forgiveness they gotta fess up that what they did was wrong and ask forgiveness from the victim.

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
April 10, 2007, 1:05 am CDT

Charlotte Bronte?

I've never heard of the disease by name before, but isn't this what killed Charlotte Bronte?

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
April 10, 2007, 1:13 am CDT

Good references

Quote From: anon_slc

There is a common belief that disputes including legal disputes are about issues -- the bigger issues drive bigger, more difficult conflicts.  The decision to pursue a highly adversarial legal approach requiring the use of many legal procedures (deposition, subpoenas, hearings, and a trial) are often the result of a high conflict personality.  High conflict personalities often determine the direction of the entire case.  Some of my favorite books which provide a great introduction and insight are: 

High Conflict Personalities:  Understanding and Resolving Their Costly (Legal) Disputes by William A. Eddy

Why is it Always About You?  The Seven Deadly Sins of Narcissism by Sandy Hotchkiss AND Emotional Blackmail:  When the People in Your Life Use Fear, Obligation and Guilt to Manipulate You by Susan Forward 

Stop Walking on Eggshells:  Taking Your Life Back When Someone You Know Has Borderline Personality Disorder by Paul Mason and Randi Kreger

How to Journal for Therapy:

http://arar.essortment.com/therapyjournali_repu.htm 

While some of this information is designed for legal professionals, mental health professionals, mediators, and other dispute revolvers, this information is also written for the average person who may be stuck in a dispute with a high conflict personality, or cares about someone who is involved in one. 

Hope it helps!

I'm gonna check them out, thanks.

Now, I know why I am interested in this story (but not so much as some other similar tales of this genre) -- it may sound cruel, but it is a relief from the real world and real news.

Yes, I am sorry for her children, both her dead son, whom I think she abused emotionally by demanding that he be all to her - son, father, boyfriend (and I don't know how far that went) and her daughter, who has come into a very nasty personal world.

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
April 11, 2007, 5:35 am CDT

I'd like to know what happened to...

...that mother with two daughters,  Victoria (unloved) and Hunter (mommy's little princess).

We get Dr. Phil shows AGES after they air in the United States, and I only saw that one today!

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
April 15, 2007, 4:35 am CDT

Is this show a repeat?

I remember a so-called mom like that a couple of years ago, mourning her lost pre-children life. She was really bitter about having had children, and Dr. Phil told her that if she couldn't  have the life she loved, she would have to love the life she had.

That phrase meant a lot me, as I was in depression over what I had lost (completely different  story), and it help me start to climb back out of the pit.

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
frustrated
April 28, 2007, 11:28 pm CDT

I was at a wedding

...where I think every guest on the bride's side wanted to do that.

As we get Dr. Phil's program with a delay of several months, I'll just have to "watch" it here and follow the boards.

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
May 20, 2007, 11:30 pm CDT

I remember the show, but never thought it was real

...it seemed very silly to me, and I sure didn't want to be her and my bro never wanted to date her!

Still, I will be interested in following this on the net (I live overseas, and although we get Dr. Phil, there is a delay of more than a season).

There have been other families with similar problems on Dr. Phil, so I don't think he's showing favouritism to her celebrity status.

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
May 20, 2007, 11:35 pm CDT

Only saw this last week...

...because it takes a while for the episodes to go overseas.

I'm surprised that no one responed to the the straight sister's comment on the bi sister "advertising" her sexuality that she herself was advertising her religousity.

More than once I've gotten the why advertise it schtick on my 1/2'' gay pin by people wearing a 3" religious ornament!!!

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
June 16, 2007, 11:18 pm CDT

06/19 Ask Dr. Phil and Robin

Quote From: penny_lady

"Man of the house...."

PUKE.

Double puke.

Any woman that lives with a man that uses expressions like that is looking for trouble.

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
confused
July 9, 2007, 1:26 am CDT

Ambivalent feelings about unablecouples to get preg

My ambivalencey is based on two factors -- one the cost, which I suppose in the USA is peoples' own business if they want to go broke having a child (here it is covered by the local equivalent of the Social Security System at the taxpayers' expense for unlimited tries).

The other is more personal. I was born with a birth defect and had to deal with a lot of physical, psychological and social pain. But at a certain stage I learned to live with it, pick myself up and continue my life. It is still there and cannot ever be taken away.

One can't go through one's entire life whining about what cannot be.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board