Messages By: rrichard032067

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
December 28, 2006, 12:50 pm CST

Can't Lose Those Last Five Pounds?

Quote From: lady22

you just cant give up!im 22 and used to be so overweight. i was the fatty, chubby and short. i had given up coz i had tried all the diets and weight loss formulas in the market.then i discovered one great lesson, there are no short-cuts when it comes to lossing weight!its all about hard work!i started eating healthy ang going to the gym.i've now moved from size 14 to a sexy size 6. so dont give up!
I have a little advice for you... I have tried every diet in the book and the only thing that worked for me was to eat what I wanted but just eat alot less and move around more. I no longer try to take fat and carbs completely out of my diet. I think your body needs all of those things to be healthy. I find if I eat what I want I'm satisfied and I'm not constantly looking for something else to eat. So my idea is to make eating lighter a way of life not a diet. I have lost 35 pounds by doing this and have been able to maintain it for 3 years now and I don't feel like I'm depriving myself of great tasting foods. So, don't give up just eat what you want, just don't eat so much of it. You'll notice that after a while you won't want to eat near as much as you used to. Good luck!

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
December 28, 2006, 12:58 pm CST

Can't Lose Those Last Five Pounds?

Quote From: debgirl27

i am 29 years old. i have had eating disorders in the past and have successfully overcome them about 4 years ago it was something that haunted me through most of my life and the more i got into them the more i gained. sure i would lose a little at first and think hey this is working then i would pack on 2 - 3 - 4 times the weight i lost. iam 5'4 and a small to med bone size, i am muscular not like a weightlifter though and i got up to 185 lbs and even though i watched myself going up on the scale i had myself convinced that i was still 140 lbs. and looking back now i realize that when i told people my imaginary weight theres no way they could have believed me. Nobody called me on it though so i continued to lie to myself thinking that i had everyone fooled. about 2 years ago i picked up a suzanne somers book on weight loss and practically burst out laughing at what she was saying would make me lose weight i thought no way will this ever work EAT fat to reduce fat. it was just funny enough that i had to give it a try. end result was that i lost 35 lbs and have kept it all off. i am very proud of myself for the work that i have put into me and i know that i did it myself for myself. so here is my problem i plateaued about 6 months ago after steady lossing ( it was faster at first then continual for a year more slowly) i have been trying to lose my last 10 - 15 lbs with no success. i have not gained any just stayed the same i am still eating pretty much the same there is a little varience i havent gone back to my old eating habits though and dont want to i just seem to be stuck and unable to move forward. i do not have an unrealistic weight in mind i am aiming for 130 which is very healthy for my height and such. if someone out there has some advice i would really appreciate if they could offer some. i am beggining to get discouraged even though i know i've done it before i am losing faith that i can finish what i started. i felt sooo energized and healthy when i was working on this. please help me through this last and what seems like the hardest hurdle.

thank you so much 

Listen, these diets only last so long. You have to make eating part of your way of life. For instance, I lost 35 pounds and have been able to keep it off for 3 years and I never go hungry and I eat whatever I want. They key is to eat what you like just don't eat so much of it. Instead of eating a hamburger, french fries, and a shake try eliminating the shake first. Then the next time take away the fries and just have the burger. You'd be surprised at how your stomach begins to shrink and you don't want to eat nearly as much. Now i pretty much eat anything i want, I just eat alot less of it. I tried other diets and they always failed. I feel that if you deprive yourself of having the things you really love the taste of, you will always be looking for something else to eat. I no longer try to completely eliminate fat, carbs, and sugar from my diet. I just simply eat less food and exercise on a regular basis. You'd be surprised at how fun exercise can be and how much more energy you will have. You just feel better all the way around, even mentally. Try it... it works!

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
January 8, 2007, 6:56 am CST

01/09 False Confessions

I know how hard it would be to be interrogated by the police. I feel that way when I'm being grilled by my boyfriend who tries to control everything I do. You would literally do or say anything just to get away from them because they will not stop torturing you. These people can even make you believe that you are guilty or wrong even if you haven't  done anything. If I were put in that situation, I would just keep telling the police that I want a lawyer. I know that most are just trying to do their jobs but I believe that some will do whatever it takes to get a confession just so they can close a case.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
January 8, 2007, 6:59 am CST

01/09 False Confessions

Quote From: afraid

when some one confessises to a crime as horible as murder and they know they didnt do it they should receive the very same punnishment the guilty party would receive, not only have they lied and stoped officers from serching for the real guilty party, but they have allowed a murderer to stay atlarge possibly killing even more people.
Sorry to disagree but what you don't realize is that alot of these investigators are interrogating to the point of mental abuse. Anyone could crack under hours of this.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
worried
January 15, 2007, 12:21 pm CST

Coping with STDs

Quote From: t62648

I am watching the Dr. Phil show and they are discussing how a wife treats her dog better than her husband.  Dr.Phil how can you ignore the many cries from those of us that suffer from the stigma of having herpes.  I have come to realize there are many of us out here that need your help. Could you PLEASE consider a show with this topic.
I agree... we need to educate people about Herpes. I have a sister who has it and I worry about her all the time. She is a really good person and has 5 children that she has raised pretty much on her own. It only took one time for her to catch it. My sister is very pretty and stays in great shape but she fears she will never find anyone to accept her with this disease. It has really done a number on her self esteem. People need to realize that it can happen to anyone. You should not look down on someone because of this. I bet 9 out of 10 people have had unprotected sex. The only difference is some are lucky. As am I.... it could have happened to me. The best advice I can give anyone is to always protect yourself and if you think your partner is sleeping around, even if you can't prove it, use protection. There are so many people out there that will put you at risk in a heartbeat. Oh, and by the way, more than likely, somone you know has it!

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
February 7, 2007, 10:59 am CST

02/06 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp, Part 2

Quote From: momisme2

How exactly do you respect an abuser?

Advising people to respect their husbands "no matter what' is about as far from common sense as one can get. 

You asked what these women would have to lose by respecting their husbands no matter what.  Ummmm... how about their lives, for starters?  You do know that an abuser can take it to the next level and actually kill their spouse?

Imo, this advice is the worse ive read on these two boards!  Seems to me, youre confusing normal relationship troubles with abusive realtionship troubles.  Big mistake!  All these lil ideas you gave for what respect looks like works in a normal relationship.  NOT in an abusive one.  Is your advice the same for someone whos husband beats the crap outta them?  Would you tell THAT person to just respect their spouse "no matter what"? 
I really see the point in both of these quotes. I am a peacemaker, always have been. In my relationship with my finacee', he is sometimes a controlling person. Sometimes verbally abusive, that's why we're not married yet and as far as I'm concerned won't be unless that changes. However, I don't feel that you can fight verbal abuse with verbal abuse. I can't see myself nitpicking and name calling even if it's done to me. I say kill them with kindness, most of these men don't know what it's like to be loved. But, if you can't get anywhere with that then it's time to call their bluff and it's certainly time to LEAVE if you have had enough and it's affecting you physically or mentally. I have left at least 5 times and everytime he has called me back because he knew he was just being ridiculous. They really don't think that you will leave. When I tell you that I'm at a point in my life where I refuse to walk on eggshells for anyone, I am dead serious. I would rather be alone and have some peace than to be scared to open my mouth, and he knows it. The next time I go will be for good!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board