Messages By: cherijohn_91

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
February 4, 2007, 11:21 am CST

02/05 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp

Quote From: gwarrior6

I think the woman camp is a great idea.  Women are always trying to "fix" their men, but you never see a guy go into counseling trying to fix his SO.  These women sound like they need a camp too, to work on how to react constructively to their husband's tirades, instead of throwing in the towel or finding a way out because they're unhappy.  The men have their own problems, but the women don't have to be powerless to change the relationship.
 why do you think women are trying to be heard.  there is a difference than being powerless and unhappy.  women have choices and well as men, but the bottom line is how women are heard and treated when they are heard.  This show is not saying women are giving up, they are trying to get the best help possible, because nothing else has worked. do not judge until you live their lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
hopeful
February 4, 2007, 12:23 pm CST

Gratification HAHA

Quote From: faeryedark

Hello,! I worked 60 hrs. a week  @ factory job while heavily pregnant (morning sickness and all) I'd like to see a man do that and give birth.. then we'll talk K?

By the way, I appreciate what my husband does (works full time) and he appreciates what I do work part-time and take care of three kids most of the household chores, all of the many and varied appts. and all the grocery shopping. I think what it boils down to is respect.

If you think a woman does not do just as much as a man, think again buddy.  We are all out there in today's society to help our family.  You sound like you think you are superior. well let me tell you respect goes both ways,  women deserve it as well as men, but why do you thinks you think men aren ot appreciated.  This show is not about this and buddy you need an awakening if you feel you deserve more respect,  this show is trying to show America that we are all equals and it is appreciated on both parts to make it work, wake up and smell the coffee, or does your wife do that for you too!!!!

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
February 6, 2007, 11:52 am CST

messy house

Quote From: dixiegirl235

I agree.  I thought the kitchen was way over the top.  I don't think they should have been responsible for cleaning it up, since it was set up.  My husband would have acted just like Scott.
 I am Cheri and I am a part of this mess.  They never intended to have them clean it up, but just an awakening of all the years we spend cleaning.  I did say on the show this was overboard and I agree with all you stating the same.  Dr. Phil had a plan for us to be a part of this show and apparently this one backfired or maybe he was trying to get a reaction.  I am proud of my husband, John, who did go along with the excersice and by the way it was his birthday.  Different things set people off differently and there is much more to come so please do not take that one episode and give up on Dr. Phil's plan.  He is a remarkable man and I was blessed to be chosen to get the help from him.  You all need to stay tune to get the whole picture.  Thanks Cheri

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
February 6, 2007, 11:57 am CST

Tara and Cheri

Tara and I were on the show together and before anyone judges her or any of us take a hard look at what we were willing to do to make our marriages work.  Yes I am more timid than Tara, but she is one of the most honest and forthright person I ever had to priveledge to meet.  Please watch the whole thing and I welcome your comments, but do so knowing we did not know what we were in for, nor did the men.  I know this has touched a lot of people out there which was one of the reasons I decided to go on the show as well as getting myself stronger.

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
February 6, 2007, 3:56 pm CST

Respect is earned

Quote From: bgellinger

Love and Respect...It is a vicious cycle.  Yes, shame on the men for behaving the way they do and not showing there wives that they love them like they are suppose to do.  BUT, where is the respect.  I have been doing a lot of reading, studying and soul searching JUST IN CASE I ever do get married again.  I want to do it right the next time and one of the most powerful messages I have learned is that men were designed to feel the NEED to be respected just like women NEED to feel loved.  When a woman hears "I respect you but I do not Love you", is the same way a man feels when he is told "I love you but do not respect you".  There is no respect coming from the women at all, only disrespect and contempt.  Therefore making it impossible for the man to show love.  Of course, it is easier said than done and I am NO EXPERT by no means.  Hopefully they open their hearts and minds to what Dr. Phil has to say and the females can begin to show some respect and by doing so, they just might be surprised at the love they get in return.  (Women, You Have More Power Than You Think!)
 How do you know that I have not respected my husand in our marriage?!  You are right respect is the essence of a marriage, I have given John respect.  Maybe there are women out there that are abused and maybe because they do not give the husband's the security, do not assume I am one of those women.  I have given my heart and soul to John!!!!!!

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
February 7, 2007, 8:03 am CST

ALL ABUSERS

Quote From: ohdang13

Even though I am a woman and may sound like I am turning to the "dark side" lol....kidding....I think there needs to be some equality when it comes to showes like this. There are just as many female abusers out there and they need to be called on it.  Just because we are considered the weaker sex, does not mean that we do not have women out there that give the rest of us a very bad name (and after watching the show I certainly know of one or two). 

A woman who is constantly yelling at her husband or throwing things or cheating is just as bad as a man who does those same things. I think we need to be fair about all of this. A woman camp show is very good idea!

EVERYONE HAS THIS PERCEPTION THAT US 3 GIRLS ARE ON HERE BECAUSE OUR MEN ARE AT FAULT, WE CONTRIBUTE TO THE PROBLEM AS WELL.  NO ONE PERSON IS PERFECT AND YES THERE ARE WOMEN THAT I KNOW ABUSE THE MALE SEX.  IT IS BAD IN EITHER SITUATION.  MAYBE ONE DAY DR PHIL WILL HAVE A WOMAN CAMP, I DO AGREE WITH ALOT OF YOU IT TAKES TWO TO FIGHT, BUT EVERYONE NEEDS TO GET A GRIP AND JUST WATCH THE SHOW AND CONCENTRATE ON WHAT DR PHIL'S PLAN IS IN THIS CERTAIN SHOW.  MAKE YOUR SUGGESTIONS DIRECTLY TO DR PHIL, HE IS A REAL PERSON AND HE WILL LISTEN.     I KNOW HOW ALOT OF YOU ARE FEELING ABOUT HOW LUCKY WE WERE CHOSEN TO BE ON THE SHOW, I STILL CANNOT BELIEVE IT, BUT KNOW THIS, IF THIS SHOW DEMONSTRATES YOUR LIFE, YOU ARE PART OF THE SHOW, CHERI

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
February 7, 2007, 8:14 am CST

CHERI REPLIES TO HAPPY COUPLE

Quote From: mrsala

I just have to say that we TIVO Dr. Phil daily so my DH and I can watch together after our littles go to bed.  Watching the Man Camp together made us so sad!  But, I have to say... after a previous failed marriage (for us both) we are both in this marriage for the long haul and watching this show has made me SOOOO GRATEFUL!!!  It's like a flashback to years wasted... that's for sure.  But during commerical fast forwards, I just grab my DH and hug him and tell him how much I appreciate that he's my PARTNER!!!  I think the reason for these types of shows is not so we can be voyuers but so we can learn, appreciate and wake up!  I hope that these couples find their peace for their families - together or apart.  Way to Go Dr. Tell It Like It IS!
 I AM HAPPY FOR YOU NOW, IT SOUNDS AS IF YOU WERE IN A SIMILAR SITUATION YEARS PRIOR, HOLD ON TO YOUR SPOUSE AND THANK YOU FOR COMMENTING ON HOW THIS SHOW IS A LEARNING EXPERIENCE AS WELL AS A REMINDER TO THOSE WHO ARE IN A GOOD RELEATIONSHIP, THIS SHOW IS SAD MAINLY BECAUSE WE ALL HAVE CHILDREN, AND ALL SIX OF US TRULY DO CARE ABOUT THEM, SCOTT AS WELL. IF WE WERE ALL PERFECT DRI PHIL WOULD NOT HAVE A SHOW. IT WAS NEVER TO OFFEND THE MALE SEX, ONLY TO SHOW AND HELP THE ONES THAT SEE THEMSELVES IN THIS SAME SITUATION, THANKS CHERI

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
February 7, 2007, 10:36 am CST

THE MESSY HOUSE

Quote From: wyomom4

I think that the mess that the women made was way overboard.  I have 4 kids and a husband that don't help me clean up but they never leave a mess like that.  I am sure that the wives have never came home to a house that messy.  When the man left and said that it was a game, I totally agree what was that suppose to solve? I would feel bad doing that to someone let alone my husband. I think Dr. Phil went in the wrong direction with that one, and if the wives were honest they would admit that the husbands do not smear ketchup on things and throw food everywhere.  It was a game.
 I ADMITTED ON TV THAT THE MESS WAS OVERBOARD.  IT WAS NOT A GAME, BASICALLY IT WAS ABOUT "REACTION".  I FELT REALLY BAD BECAUSE IT WAS JOHN'S B-DAY AND HE STILL STUCK IT OUT, SCOTT'S VIEW WAS THE SAME AS YOURS.  I DO NOT AGREE OR DISAGREE WITH DR PHIL'S AGENDA, BUT BELIEVE ME THE WHOLE WEEK WE SPENT IN THE HOUSE, WE NEVER PLAYED MONOPOLY, WE WORKED HARD TO BETTER OUR MARRIAGES.

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
February 7, 2007, 10:41 am CST

02/05 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp

Quote From: sherrlow

Who say the very first episode of Man Camp??

Can you tell me who sent in the letters to Dr. Phil. The men or the women?

SB

TARA AND I WROTE IT, AND NICK

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
February 7, 2007, 6:28 pm CST

tuna lady

Quote From: twistypri

Ok how mad am I that some woman in an awful situation would JUDGE another woman in an awful situation!@! ARG... I know the show hasn't aired yet but there I am watching the preview and eating my tuna cheese sandwich thinking how glad I am that I could  Leave even with  kids and get away from the chaos.  Now I can focus on my fantastic five and not worry about well eating my tuna and cheese in the living room when the Beast walks in with clouds and thunder. This big ole oaf would be on immediate "crumb patrol" with some retorhic about my tuna and cheese weight issue. <Snort ><Scratch Left Bumb Cheek>

So to the stripper...

You can take care of yourself you can leave him anytime you want. You're wonderful and nobody whos allowed some man to cheat on her call her names abuse her and degrade her for 14 yrs should ever talk to you about pride.  Dr. Phil wants to help you figure out what you need in your life I understand that but I didn't like it  at all. Hey Dr Phil, doesn't she need some cash to gtf out? Are you funding her break up? THE GUY SAID SHE SHOULD HAVE ABORTED HER KIDS.  Her stripping is the least of the probs.  I'm sorry you find it morally evil or whatever. But as long as there have been men who wanted to see us naked there have been women who figured out 'I might as well get paid'.  Shes not a bad person stop embarrasing her on tv .  Maybe someday more men will evolve (holds breath) (passes out) but until that (hell freezes over) shes gotta get away from the Misrable Beast OH and lucky her, she can afford it.

Much Love,

Pri

PS Who's gonna pay for the greese stains on my tv where I through my tuna melt and the big haired blondes head.  Wanders away muttering <I have too much PRIDE for that> ladeeda.

PPS

I love your show I tape it everyday and then we have giant debates during lunch its soo much fun. Thanks for going Live even when I disagree. Esp when I disagree!

wow you do not have a clue what is happening on this show, maybe too much tuna. if you have to throw your food at your tv, it may be that you have some issues of your own. just because i do not agree with stripping does not have anything to do with my relationship. i am proud of myself for who i am and who i choose not to be,.  i did not choose to be treated with disrespect, but i have enough respect for myself to try and get some help and by the way, the tuna sandwich is your mess to clean, not mine. 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board