Messages By: maura4

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
October 19, 2007, 3:05 pm CDT

10/19 Suing for Love

Quote From: cvalley2

why are people so quick to blame the other man/woman?  Shouldn't  the responsibility of monogamy be on the one who is MARRIED? 
    I agree with you 100%  It is the man and woman that made the promice to eachother.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
October 19, 2007, 3:13 pm CDT

10/19 Suing for Love

I am wondering about one thing .  Bonnie said in one of the taped pieces that she lost some of her family because of this.  Can anyone tell me why this happened?  What did she do that upset he family? 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
October 24, 2007, 2:37 pm CDT

Excuses

Brandon is using the Dr. Phil show as part of his defense.  I know that the show is aware of this .  If I can pick up on his plan you can bet they did

Maura

Park Ridge 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
upset
November 7, 2007, 3:18 pm CST

Agreement

Quote From: shutter50

Kim is an ungrateful witch. Families all over this country would crawl over broken glass to get the help and resources that you've been given. And all you can do is gripe, complain and whine to Dr. Phil and his staff !!!!!! Aside from your messed up daughter, I hope this is the last time we ever see you on that stage.
I completely agree with  you.  I could not have said it better.  Thanks

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
November 16, 2007, 3:52 pm CST

FRIDAY'S SHOW

Dear Ladies,

I am not very good at expressing my thoughts on paper but today I must try.  I have watched Dr. Phil for years and I do not think that one show has passed that Dr. Phil has not offered support and help for the problems that the guests face.  I have had the feeling in the past that not all of the guests were  thankful for this gift.  Today show was not one of them.  My heart broke for each of you today especially you Jessica.  You are so brave to educate all of us about this problem.  I can see the pain you are in and I will pray for you and the others will overcome this. Most of all I thank Dr. Phil and his staff.  You must work very hard to get to the bottom of everyones problem.  I know that Jessica will take this wonderful help.  I know that this will be hard and may seem impossible to all of you Ladies at this time but you will walk through this pain and come out the other side a healthier and happier person.  I will pray for all and give thanks for people that brought this to Dr. Phil attention.  Thank you again Dr Phil for being there for everyday people with overwhelming problems.  We would not receive the help if it were not for you and your staff.

Maura

Park Ridge  

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
November 16, 2007, 4:09 pm CST

11/16 Scary Skinny

Quote From: cscoley

Look, I am not an emotional person.  I don't cry and I think that emotion is a sign of weakness but still....

Jessica's mother should be ashamed of herself.  To be so selfish that she can't even show support for her daughter?!?  She wouldn't get up there because she doesn't like to be the center of attention?  Um, I think the show was about her daughter, not her.  And, I don't care how I felt about being in front of people, as a parent, your job is to get over yourself and do what your children need you to do (if that means sitting next to them on Dr. Phil or telling them you love them).  Even though I don't like to show emotion, I  do for my children so that they won't be negatively affected by my baggage. 

Oh, and why hasn't she gotten her daughter help?  What, is it inconvenient for her?  Or does she think that, since the world seems to revolve around her, that Jessica is just doing this to try and control her (the mother) and she's not going to fall for that?!?

I am beyond furious at this woman.  I am not one to lay blame for other people's actions on their parents but please. I do not think all the blame lies with her mother, but I can see why that poor girl does what she does.  What a cold, selfish (and other adjectives that I won't use here) woman.  I am so sorry that Jessica had to grow up with that and has no one to support her through this difficult time.

Well said cscoley !!!!!  I just hope that Jessica's sister picks up where her Mom should be.

Maura

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
November 24, 2007, 4:06 pm CST

11/27 Banned from the Wedding, Part 2

Quote From: dsarmstrong

You should be ashamed of yourselves. Family is one of the most important things you will have in life.  I do not have  family and would give anything to have one.  I would do whatever was possible to try and ensure peace and love within the family.  This is the time of year for sharing and loving and you need to understand that ALL families will ave problems.  The mature person will extend the olive branch and try and make peace.  A wedding is such a special time that is suppose to bring 2 families together not drive them apart.  Now that you have had your 15 minutes of fame over this, move past it.  Learn to forgive.  As it states in the Bible, if you do not forgive one another then God cannot forgive you.  Love each other, put the past in the past an live for today because tomorrow may never come.  Stop being selfish and open your arms to everyone.  One day I pray you realie what you have missed out on by pushing your family away.  If you really do not want a family,  I would be more than happy to accept them into my life.  I would love to have someone I could turn to in good times as well as bad times.  The words of the Bible are being fulfilled very quickly.  Take a deep breath, step back, regroup, apologize and ask for forgiveness.  It will bring blessings into your life if you learn to forgive and forget.   I will pray that God will bring this family back together in love, peace and haromy.

Blessing in God,

Donna

Donna,

What wise words you have for us all.  I can not believe that a woman that has such a wonderful look on life can be alone.  Family is wonderful but I hope that you let your friends step in until it is time for you to welcome a family on your own.

Maura

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
December 16, 2007, 2:37 pm CST

12/18 Dangerous Daughters

Quote From: show_fan1

My daughter is 28 years old and has been in and out of rehab since she was 18.  We thought the last time she fell off the wagon that it would be the last time--that was in 2004.   I have always wanted to write Dr. Phil about this to get help, but never could muster up the strength.  I wish I could send you a picture of her--she is a beautiful girl, blonde hair blue eyes.    She went to parochial school through 8th grade and was in public high school.  Her college tuition was paid for 2 years and she threw all of that out for drugs.   She got out of rehab again in 2004, found a job, got married, and subsequently fell off the wagon. Since I am retired, I told her while she had a chance to get help while she was covered by her husbands insurance to get it.   But she sacrificed all of that and ended up on the streets in June of 2007.   Her husband left her and divorced her and took the dog.   It has been 5 months of torture, but she is finally in a halfway house. It wasn't easy getting her there.   Lots of phone calls.  I got her arrested to get her off the streets and get shelter and food for her.   But once again, she was one up on me and she found some "sugar daddy" to post bond for her and she went back out on the streets.  I then still had to get in debt and hire an attorney to help.   One would ask why I just didn't bring her back home.   The answer to that is that when she lived at home, money became missing out of my checking account.   To bring her back home, I would become a prisoner in my own home, having to lock up everything.   I feel like I would have to take the computers away (yes, she used Myspace to find some of her crummy friends), and I would have to be a taxi cab to take her everywhere because I wouldn't trust her to drive my car. 

There is a dread that I have, that she will always fall off the wagon and expect Mom to come running financially to get her well.   I found that my helping her financially was merely enabling her to do more drugs.  Some parents can afford this--unfortunately I am not one of them.  My money has to last me until I'm "6 feet under."   Not knowing if a lifetime of drugs is what she end up with I am supporting her emotionally, and am only jump-starting her at this halfway house.   I have done all of the work for her to get her there, now it is her turn, but I will always be there for her emotionally.  These are your kids and you love them; however, drug addiction is one of a parents worst nightmares.   I do love my daughter Amy so much and I pray for her every day.

Dear Show Fan,

I can hear all the fear that you have in your message.  I have 2 young boys and I pray that I will be able to guide them as they grow up.  You sound like you have been there for Amy in every way possible.  You must remember that you have your own life to live.  I am sure that you feel that if you do not help her that will be the end.  Drugs have ruined so many lives not only the people that do the drugs but and sometimes more importantly the family and people that love the drug user. Please try to take some of the pressure off of yourself.  I know that it will be hard . You will be there for her when she is ready to stay clean,  I will pray for You and your daughter.

Maura  

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
February 3, 2008, 4:27 pm CST

02/04 Dirty Little Secrets

Quote From: laurieg14

In MY mind, no matter what kind of tragedy or problems you have had in the past, that you could possibly justify lowering yourself to sleeping with 15 different men while being in a commited relationship. I CAN actually speak from SOME semblance of experience having had to leave home at the ripe old age of 16, and later on having lost my infant daughter to SIDS. I believe you have to take responsability for your own actions as it will only be yourself who pays later on for your mistakes and possibly your children as theyll absorb EVERYTHING that goes on around them no matter HOW well you THINK you are hiding things from them. They see EVERYTHING. I dont think your partner should have to pay for the things you do either. I honestly believe that in todays society there are FAR too many people that like to blame everything, and everybody else for their problems instead of just dealing with them, or getting HELP dealing with them. Blaming  a situation, or your parents, or a spouse, or WHATEVER will only hurt YOU. You have to be able to acknowledge it, and FACE it head on, or youll only end up destroying yourself ( or your KIDS, who incidentally never ASKED to BE here!) and never leading a productive life.

Hi.

I could not let your comment go by with out telling you this.  First of all I am sorry about your daughter.  I can only imagine how that must feel.  Second If others gave their lives half of the time and reflection you have this world would be a better place.  I agree with you everything comes back to us.  How we choose to deal with it is the key to a happy life for ourselves and most importantly our children.  I look forward to more posts from you in the future.

Maura

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board