Messages By: psystudent1966

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
blank
October 20, 2007, 6:28 pm CDT

Morrie

Quote From: hpmx59

Doctor Morrie Phil Tuesday With. Who is this guy anyway? I donot know him at all. See you on Tuesday-----

October 23rd, 2007. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.------------------------------------------------------------------- 

I am in the middle of reading Tuesday's With Morrie, and it is such an inspirational book, I cry and also feel so many other emotions at the same time reading this book, I hear there is a movie, I will be looking for it,

I am also reading the book for a class I am taking.  I am a psychology major and we are required to read the book for our Adult Development class and I am truly glad that the instructor chose this for us to read.

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
frustrated
January 6, 2008, 5:59 pm CST

Totally spoiled

I think these people that go out and buy alot of fancy things and show them off, alot of them end up in bankrupcy because they cannot pay for the things they have gotten.  I was raised that if you want something you save and then buy it when you have the money for it, dont go in debt for something you will never be able to pay for.

I also have a family member, thru marriage that does these things she actually married for money not love and she will tell everyone that.  To me that is just petty and wrong. 

I was even made fun of by my husbands sister about the size of my engagement ring, it was not big it was a small ring and exactly what i wanted.  she thought it should be a huge rock or something,  Well she has been married 3 times all with big rings and now she is alone, we have been married for 20 years and I still do not want a rock, love is more important to me than possessions.

People need to live within their means, not go in debt to impress anyone, I definetly dont do anything to impress anyone, I do things that I need to do and want to do. 

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
hopeful
February 1, 2008, 2:12 pm CST

teens having babies

I have 2 teenagers, my husband and I have always had open conversations with them.  Since they have gotten into teen years they come to me alot, our daughter is 17, our son is 19.  Our son is sexually active and he and I along with his girlfriend of almost 4 years have had an extensive talks.  they are in college and know that they dont want any kids until they graduate, they do want to marry but know that college has to be completed before they do.  I feel blessed that they are responsible and if for some reason the shots that his girlfriend fails or the condom fails they use both by the way, I would not say it was planned and I would accept the grandchild. 

Our daughter 17 has talked extensively with me also and I flat out asked her if she is having sex, she promised she is not.  She is a junior at highschool, works almost every night, and told her boyfriend that she is going to college and that their relationship will not last when she leaves, she knows that he is irresponsible, has nothing that he wants in the future, so she said she values her body more than to have sex before she is married.

We have told our children that like Dr. Phil said on the show we told our son if he ever got anyone pregnant he would also be considered pregnant, he still says to this day he is happy we have the open communication.

These teens today do not have open and hones conversations with their parents, I am grateful that my children do.

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
angry
February 6, 2008, 5:00 pm CST

Twins

I watched the show today, and I became very angry when Dr. Phil said that when one twin does something the other wil follow.  I am (was) a twin, I lost my twin brother in November of 2005, not all twins follow what the other does.  I got so angry about that and just wanted to clear that up.  There have been no studies that I am aware of that says ANYONE that is a TWIN follows what the other does.  As for the pill popping twins, I can understand their lack of control over addiction, people have addictions whether it be pills, alcohol, cigarettes, or shopping and the list can go on.  I do feel for the twins, but they can overcome the addiction, they just need to get the right help  and have a good support system in place.  I was an alcoholic after losing my twin brother to cancer, I went into rehab and had a great support system in place and I have been sober for 14 months now.  So to the twins "YOU CAN DO IT, THERE IS HOPE!"

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
hopeful
July 7, 2008, 1:49 pm CDT

The twins on today's show

These twins really need to get it together and reunite, I am/was a twin. I lost my twin brother to cancer and yes it leaves a total void in a twins heart when one passes.  Yes twins are going to have their battles, and arguments, but why let it get to the point that these two have done.

I would give anything to have even a strained relationship with my twin, but I would not give up any of the time I had with him.

These twins are being so petty, and so unrealistic, living in the past, what is that going to give them? Nothing, they need to live in the present and treasure every day that they have each other, and the same for the other sisters on the show, family is family, arguments happen, but my God why keep going so badly that it causes each other to call names and never want to see each other.

This just makes me sick. To see how the families are fighting.  And the sister that hits herself, blaming it on the other twin is rediculous.

These families can be helped and can get their relationship back on track.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board