Message Boards

Messages By: jennifferf

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
happy
July 23, 2005, 4:01 pm CDT

My oldest knows how to push...

...Could work in some cases, I agree. When the child really tries to get on your nerves and insists on doing something over and over again. In other cases, i do not agree. My mother always tried to explain things, although she always did it in a way we could understand. And enough was enough. Boundaries were VERY clear and were meant not to be crossed. If they were, a penalty ensued IMMEDIATELY, no discussion. That is the parenting I grew up with, and it seems to have worked quite well. I got through childhood and puberty without major problems and still respect my parents and value their opinions. My daughter is 16 months and I plan to (try) raising her the same way... Adapting it to her personality. Hope it works and that she will have the same great bond with her parents as I still enjoy. Wish me luck?
I have three boys ages 5yrs, 4 yrs, and 18mos.  My five year old definately knows how to push my buttons!  He has a smart mouth and is constantly telling me no!  I feel like sometimes I just want to scream but then realize I am already doing that and he is screaming back just as loud!  I have tried talking, counting, spanking, grounding, time-outs, etc. everything has little effect at the time but he just keeps up his disrespectful behavior or if I send him to his room he will scream for what seems like hours!  I am a stay at home mom and would really like some support, could use it anything would help! So please if you have a plan that works for you please send it my way and I will give it a good try.  He is so good when it comes to helping me around the house or with his younger brothers but when he gets in his moods, good lord! email me at fredricksons@comcast.net.  Thanks a bunch!!

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
happy
July 23, 2005, 8:24 pm CDT

Jettav

I am proud to be a stay at home mom and I have absolutely no regrets. I'm happy, my children are happy and my hubby is happy. Always easy? Is anything always easy? no. But hubby and I have a system in place and it works, we love and respect each other and we know when one another needs a time out and some down time. My girls are socially active, happy and independent little girls and certainly loves life. My oldest will be attending 7 1/2 hours a week of preschool this fall because she wants to be with her friends as she loves to play and be with others. She is smart and ready for any challenge that you put in front of her. Of course my youngest will be staying home with mommy and will love the special attention. LOL. I will admit that I already feel a little empty just knowing my little girl will not be home during these few hours but I am content and happy with the way things are in my home. I certainly am blessed.
 I too am a stay at home mom and love every second of it!  I have 3 boys ages 5yrs, 4yrs, and 18mos.  I must admit it is very challenging at times but very rewarding and through all the tough times (and their are plenty of those) as well as the sharing, learning, teaching, and bonding times, I would not work outside of the home for $1million!  I have been there through all the firsts with all of them and I enjoy taking them to the park, miniature golf, arcade, library, museums and all sorts of funfilled places.  My two older boys played t-ball this year and soccer and they just loved it.  They went to the same preschool last school year but this year my 5 year old will be headed to the big "K".  He's so excited and my 4 year old will be in his second year at preschool but in an advanced pre-k class, so he's also looking forward to school starting in August.  And last but certainly not least my little love bug is still at home with mommy and he is our last addition so we are definately cherishing these baby times!  I am very thankful to the good lord that my husband has such an awesome job that allows me to stay home (but there was a time when he used to work more than 1 job so I could be with the first born) he doesn't have any regrets as we discussed this in length before we had children.  He can do his job knowing his children are being cared for and loved and he never has to wonder if they are being abused or neglected.  Yes sometimes I want to have adult conversations without the children always interrupting but you know, they are only going to need me this much for a short while and when they stop wanting me to play with them and when they stop asking me questions and start asking their friends, I won't have any regrets because I was there to give them a solid foundation in life...but I will always be there to guide them and love them unconditionally (no matter how rotten they can be sometimes! LOL)

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board